News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Gravitational motion power generators around planets.

Started by Sir Bearington, July 25, 2012, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Bearington

A bit far fetched i know but i just had a stroke of inspiration just now.

Jupiter, one of our gas giants has a truly immense gravitational pull, if we coult utilize this pull by setting up kinetic power generators around the planet that produce enery by making the components spin pulled by gravity and by stabilizing the position of generators surrounding it in a complex pattern that connects every one of these to a command module in which energy can be harvested and sent home using a space station to help manned shuttles/unmanned shuttles to navigate there.

This is way ahead of modern space capabilities but a thought no less.

Ive made a simple diagram to explain what im babbling about.
              _
            ( _ ) (Jupiter/planet)

o (Gravitational kinetic generator)
        /
       0  (Command module with about 67000 monitoring the entire planet in a single tidy full circle all at level height give or take , roughly 3600 GKG per command module with 10 large energy storage cells per GKG)       

[-[]-] (space station halfway to earth likely not manned on a parralel course that may help give navigational data)
                    _
                   (_) (earth, where unmanned or manned shuttles in stasis come and go at a constant flowing rate to each individual or group of command modules.)

In short a gravity machine in space around jupiter that sends power to another machine to be put in big batteries and shipped back to earth

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Bearington

Faust

How do you turn only the dynamo and not the shaft it's attached to without it also moving with the gravitational force?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Faust on July 25, 2012, 02:46:24 PM
How do you turn only the dynamo and not the shaft it's attached to without it also moving with the gravitational force?

By having a opposite force to pull away from the gravity and a similar rate so it remains constant.

Im still thinking about how to resolve that dilemma. Fuel souces attached to engines is a idea but it may be inefficient as it may either require constant refueling or sacrificing a quantity of the energy generated.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Bearington

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Bearington

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 03:01:40 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:54:27 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:43:47 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:42:09 PM
I ate vindaloo last night.

My ass is on fire.

That's nice.

Yes, my ass IS rather nice.

Im a skinny sonofagun, i don't hardly have a ass.

You're fucked forever.

Apparently having no ass or a reduced ass is a sign of powerful thrusting.

ISAAC NEWTON SAYS YOU'RE A RETARD.  MORE ASS = MORE MASS = MORE POWER.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 03:01:40 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:54:27 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:43:47 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:42:09 PM
I ate vindaloo last night.

My ass is on fire.

That's nice.

Yes, my ass IS rather nice.

Im a skinny sonofagun, i don't hardly have a ass.

You're fucked forever.

Apparently having no ass or a reduced ass is a sign of powerful thrusting.

ISAAC NEWTON SAYS YOU'RE A RETARD.  MORE ASS = MORE MASS = MORE POWER.

Dont make me build my gravitational shit round your fat mamma!

Faust

Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:50:39 PM

By having a opposite force to pull away from the gravity and a similar rate so it remains constant.

Im still thinking about how to resolve that dilemma. Fuel souces attached to engines is a idea but it may be inefficient as it may either require constant refueling or sacrificing a quantity of the energy generated.
Yeah I kind of expected this response.
The idea was posed to attempt this back in the sixties. The reason no one has ever gone with it is because it requires those to be tethered to the earth.

Keeping something in a geostationary orbit while tethered to the earth is nigh on impossible.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Faust on July 25, 2012, 03:13:33 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:50:39 PM

Yeah I kind of expected this response.
The idea was posed to attempt this back in the sixties. The reason no one has ever gone with it is because it requires those to be tethered to the earth.

Keeping something in a geostationary orbit while tethered to the earth is nigh on impossible.

Id keep the command modules remaining constant around jupiter with the GKG tethered to them by something like diamond reinforced nanotubes or some shit like that.

LMNO

IT WOULD TOTALLY WORK IF WE HAD THINGS THAT DON'T EXIST.