News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

ATTN The Wizard Joseph

Started by BabylonHoruv, November 17, 2011, 05:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Rebecca Black annoys the fuck out of me. Not just because her music sucks, but because there's something annoying about her.

Also, can no one sing anymore? Why is EVERYONE autotuned?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Autotune is the new Phased Chorus. 

See Late 80s pop for examples.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 23, 2011, 09:34:08 PM
Rebecca Black annoys the fuck out of me. Not just because her music sucks, but because there's something annoying about her.

She annoys me because in a world in which 3 billion people regularly miss meals, she had her mom pay for a vanity video.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all about having fun with what you've got, but that sort of conspicious consumption is right up there with having a yacht for every day of the week.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2011, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 23, 2011, 09:34:08 PM

She annoys me because in a world in which 3 billion people regularly miss meals, she had her mom pay for a vanity video.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all about having fun with what you've got, but that sort of conspicious consumption is right up there with having a yacht for every day of the week.

AUGH.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Yeah, especially when there are better ways to spend that money. Like music lessons.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on November 23, 2011, 10:51:39 PM
Yeah, especially when there are better ways to spend that money. Like music lessons.

:lulz:

FREE LSD

Quote from: Alty on November 23, 2011, 10:51:39 PM
Have you, like, heard her acoustic stuff? It's like, seriously, like, awesome.

Cain

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 23, 2011, 08:45:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 23, 2011, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 23, 2011, 08:13:38 PM
Youtube as always, shall provide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk&ob=av2e

That's NOT OK.

It's.....

It's ok that I want terrible things to happen to her right?

I mean, it was obnoxious as hell. The verses didn't even sound close to belonging with that chorus. The chorus was My Darling Clementine. What the hell is swagger jagger? I'm so confused.....

In the immortal words of Cher Lloyd "you're a hater, just let it go". 

Seriously though, despite not charting terribly well, that was one of the biggest hits of the summer in terms of airplay.  As I understand it, she was a reject from Simon Cowell's School of One Album Wonders, also known as X Factor. 

Speaking of which, I think it is very revealing about the music industry in the UK that Simon Cowell's chosen artist of the year will get the Christmas Number One (usuallly the biggest selling song of the year in terms of numbers), release an album and fade into obscurity.  So far, I can think of only two of his projects which have bucked the trend: Will Young, and Girls Aloud, who have gone on to have years of commercial and chart success, right up to the present.  It says to me Cowell is a genius businessman (I mean, monetizing the process whereby the music industry traditionally makes money is a brilliant move, honestly) but utterly pants at picking out bands and individuals who are worth long-term investment. 

Pope Pixie Pickle

I just watched ALL the videos on the previous page. I hate you all.

This was a good antidote tho. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwYTlKBIJ-Y&feature=related

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Juana

Babylon, I believe you agreed to stop using the cancer Jesus avatar. So stop.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 29, 2011, 12:59:47 AM
Babylon, I believe you agreed to stop using the cancer Jesus avatar. So stop.

I've been through 3 avatars since then.  A punching bag, a heavily pierced guy with words on him, and now a swallow tattoo.  I am guessing Cancer Jesus is still in your cache, try reloading the page.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Juana

Yes. Ok. I have no idea why that one was lingering, since I *did* refresh, since I know it does that.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 24, 2011, 02:15:13 AM
utterly pants

Have I ever mentioned that I love the fucking British?

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.