Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 27, 2013, 08:44:40 PM
Quote from: Alty on December 27, 2013, 08:43:00 PM
If there is such a thing as precognition it must be wholly useless.

Every time something ends like this for me I get some physical thing. My stomach sours, my right eye twitches, severe fatigue.

Maybe my bacteria/other systems pick up in clues my mind is too busy to focus on.

Maybe it doesnt matter because it makes no difference.

Just about a week ago I told a friend, "Somebody is going to piss me the fuck off, my eye is twitching like hell."

Maybe it's more like "Something is pissing me off, but I'm not gonna look at it".  But it's still pissing you off, so you get stressed physically until you DO look at it.

Right. That usually accounts for my insomnia, I used to be able to get a hold on that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on December 27, 2013, 08:47:35 PM

Every time something ends like this for me I get some physical thing. My stomach sours, my right eye twitches, severe fatigue.

Maybe my bacteria/other systems pick up in clues my mind is too busy to focus on.

Just about a week ago I told a friend, "Somebody is going to piss me the fuck off, my eye is twitching like hell."

Maybe it's more like "Something is pissing me off, but I'm not gonna look at it".  But it's still pissing you off, so you get stressed physically until you DO look at it.

Right. That usually accounts for my insomnia, I used to be able to get a hold on that.

I just bludgeon Jiminy Cockroach with pills until he shuts up, then I sleep like a baby.

There is no problem so great that you can't bury it under one intoxicant or another.  :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I do know that I'm mildly annoyed with myself for writing on a Friday.  DUMB DUMB DUMB.  You write on a Monday, or not at all.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Anyway, Alty, as your spiritual advisor, I suggest that the first chance you get when the kid isn't in your care, you get 8 kinds of fucked up.  That won't cure ya, but the hangover will help you forget for a while.

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 27, 2013, 08:52:45 PM
Anyway, Alty, as your spiritual advisor, I suggest that the first chance you get when the kid isn't in your care, you get 8 kinds of fucked up.  That won't cure ya, but the hangover will help you forget for a while.

Oh, let me assure you that will absolutely happen.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on December 27, 2013, 08:57:31 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 27, 2013, 08:52:45 PM

Oh, let me assure you that will absolutely happen.

Feel free to drunk dial.   :lulz:

Payne

Shit Alty I just caught this conversation. I'm sorry to hear of your rough times.

Salty

Quote from: Payne on December 27, 2013, 09:02:01 PM
Shit Alty I just caught this conversation. I'm sorry to hear of your rough times.

Thanks. I will be all right.

Payne

Quote from: Alty on December 27, 2013, 09:14:51 PM
Quote from: Payne on December 27, 2013, 09:02:01 PM

Thanks. I will be all right.

You had better be, young man!

LMNO

Called in sick today. Wasn't sick, but I needed a fucking break.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Patterns.

I noticed a pattern, and I'm not even there. Your body knew the pattern, and responded with stress, even before you consciously recognized it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 27, 2013, 08:36:55 PM
Here's a good way to spend 3/4ths of an hour : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjN24bC7jM

I have to go to work soon. It will be interesting. The internet is dead today; here, #nw, Ravelry. Hopefully work is slow tonight. Otherwise I'm going to have a problem.  :lulz:

Holidays + weekend = everybody doing other stuff. Picks up in January.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 12:40:10 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 27, 2013, 08:36:55 PM
Here's a good way to spend 3/4ths of an hour : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjN24bC7jM

I have to go to work soon. It will be interesting. The internet is dead today; here, #nw, Ravelry. Hopefully work is slow tonight. Otherwise I'm going to have a problem.  :lulz:

Holidays + weekend = everybody doing other stuff. Picks up in January.

Christmas midweek too. Kills the week dead.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Odibex Grallspice

I think everyone's busy playing hopscotch with their buttholes.

minuspace

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 02:47:03 AM
I think everyone's busy playing hopscotch with their buttholes.
It's a curse, projection, that is  :evilmad: