News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratssinis

I like a fresh link to the awesome bumpers and could someone pm me the setup info for the shoutcast? (address, port, password, ect.)

pweeeeeeeeeezzzze.

Triple Zero

oh yeah, LMNO's "people people" advertisements, I lost those!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 23, 2010, 01:39:44 PM
oh yeah, LMNO's "people people" advertisements, I lost those!

Is that from The Ad?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Yes, LMNO recorded it to use as jingles for RFD. It's awesome btw, his voice is perfect for the piece.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mourning Star

I have them.  Will zip them and upload them when I am more sober.

Triple Zero

NO DO IT WHILE YOUR DRUNK ITS MORE FUN THAT WAY

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 24, 2010, 02:01:16 PM
NO DO IT WHILE YOUR DRUNK ITS MORE FUN THAT WAY
Dammit 000!
now you got me thinking on ways of making simple tasks more fun.
like going wheeeeeeeeeeee! while zipping files.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 23, 2010, 07:55:55 PM
Yes, LMNO recorded it to use as jingles for RFD. It's awesome btw, his voice is perfect for the piece.

I never got to hear it.   :sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I think I still have them around somewhere.  I can send them to you.  I can't remember if I made it through the whole piece, but I know I got the first two or three paragraphs down.

Mourning Star

If I recall you had the whole thing done.

also

all the bumpers as well as the who are we

http://ifile.it/opm5ey3/LMNO.rar

enjoy

Ratssinis

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

Doktor Howl

So, how do you do this radio thing?  I have many mp3s, and many rants piling up in mp3 form.
Molon Lube

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Get a shoutcast plugin (should be somewhere on shoutcast.com). Get the configuration info from someone who broadcasts. Wait for dead air, and then broadcast. The details are implementation-specific, but I think everyone who broadcasts aside from me probably does this through winamp.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

bds

If you guys are interested in rebooting RFD, I think we should do it. Just spent a week working at a radio station, so am sort of obsessed with this stuff, lol.

If you want to broadcast, just pm me on IRC ("BDSimpleton") or on here, I'll hit you up with all the details. If you want a regular slot, just let me know, and I'll whack you onto the RFD.org schedule.

I'm also looking at setting up auto-broadcasting... I'm pretty sure some of my 14,000 songs are listenable, and a library that large should ensure variety.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

If you have a *nix box, I can hook you up with my autobroadcasting script.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.