News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

MEXICO/ GUATEMALA border wall?

Started by E.O.T., September 24, 2010, 02:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

PLEASE HELP

me out with this. A friend forwarded me an article about Mexico planning to build a wall on its border to Guatemala. I followed the source links but I'm not familiar with any of them. The article seems real enough, but I'm just not Dick Tracy enough to find a source which I'd call legit enough to quote from or direct anyone to. I do know, because I've a fair number of Mexican, Guatemalan & Mexican American acquaintances, that it's extremely dangerous to pass illegally from Guatemala into Mexico, so there's plausibility, and Mexico's immigration laws are curiously exactly what Calderon shames the U.S. for, but would Mexico really go that far? CAIN? Anyone?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: E.O.T. on September 24, 2010, 02:04:26 AM
PLEASE HELP

me out with this. A friend forwarded me an article about Mexico planning to build a wall on its border to Guatemala. I followed the source links but I'm not familiar with any of them. The article seems real enough, but I'm just not Dick Tracy enough to find a source which I'd call legit enough to quote from or direct anyone to. I do know, because I've a fair number of Mexican, Guatemalan & Mexican American acquaintances, that it's extremely dangerous to pass illegally from Guatemala into Mexico, so there's plausibility, and Mexico's immigration laws are curiously exactly what Calderon shames the U.S. for, but would Mexico really go that far? CAIN? Anyone?

It's really because we've discovered the only way to keep the Mexicans out is to make them all Americans and annex Mexico. The new southern border is with Guatemala and we have to keep thos filthy Guatemalans from sneaking in and taking our jobs.

Annexation will be announced pending results of upcoming election.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Looks real. I've asked Mr. Language for his input.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

I check the news frequently, and although i havent heard of anything like this, i wouldnt be surprised.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Adios

Disco Pickle

last time I was down there I was having a discussion with this guy who works for Partido Revolucionario Institucional, PRI in Veracruz and we were discussing immigration policy differences between our two countries.

He said it's pretty well known that Mexico has an illegal immigration problem on it's southern border, but you don't hear their politicians talk about it.  The cops and Feds just deport them if they're caught, usually doing something like stealing food or something they can sell, because they're broke and trying to make it north.

And yeah, he mentioned something about a border fence of some sort but that it doesn't get a lot of media, because it would be an embarrassment.  Mexican politicians apparently hate to look hypocritical in public.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is the best article I was able to find on the subject: http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=52838

Mr. Language says that he "will tell me about it". I take it I'm in for a couple hours of explanation and conversation about how fucked everything is down there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

The Johnny

Seems legit, but all mexican newspapers are silent about it - even the UNAM's (La Jornada) which is pro-human rights and all that.

ALSO
         lol, illegal immigrants shall not pass
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

E.O.T.

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on September 26, 2010, 06:03:25 AM

Seems legit, but all mexican newspapers are silent about it - even the UNAM's (La Jornada) which is pro-human rights and all that.

ALSO
         lol, illegal immigrants shall not pass

THANKS,

johnny. i read through this with a friend who translated most of it as we read along. fucking politics.