News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on February 28, 2015, 02:42:39 AM
For those wondering about this comment on FB:

QuoteThis whole comment section is lail. Not the good kind of lail though. The kind of lail that makes you laugh until your throat is hoarse, and then you feel something like a small piece of vomit at the back of your throat, and you try to swallow to make it go away but you can't stop laughing while you do so and it turns into an almost choke. And then you finally get your breath back, but the feeling is still there at the back of your throat, and no matter how much you swallow or have to drink that small feeling and vague taste of vomit just wont go away.

I'm good.  My metaphors just get...strange when I'm on odd sleep patterns.

In the context of the thread it was the most sensical reply.

"No I am not comparing progressive liberals to Nazis. I'm just saying that they do a bunch of Nazi things. I don't know how much clearer I can be."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 27, 2015, 06:51:50 PM
The snarky side of me said, "at least we won't have to see any more posts about the color of that damn dress."

That dress is a sacred relic
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 27, 2015, 06:51:50 PM
The snarky side of me said, "at least we won't have to see any more posts about the color of that damn dress."

One of the students I was tutoring said something about this "dress problem" yesterday. I told her she should bring it up in class; after all, it's a Perception class.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2015, 07:01:34 PM
What colour was the dress Leonard Nimoy wearing while he died watching 50 Shades of Grey?  You wont believe what millenials said!  Click here for the listicle.

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I went on an epically lovely date with the old man tonight, and then woke up and made him take me home at 3 am because I have a horrid sore throat. :(

That, and his dogs are a bit crowdy. Between the two factors I was not sleeping at all. At least it was a lovely date, though.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 28, 2015, 10:23:12 AM
So I went on an epically lovely date with the old man tonight, and then woke up and made him take me home at 3 am because I have a horrid sore throat. :(

That, and his dogs are a bit crowdy. Between the two factors I was not sleeping at all. At least it was a lovely date, though.

Glad to hear the date went well at least.  I think it's a fair sign of a good thing when the practical issues like not being able to sleep well with a sore throat and a bunch of dogs can just be handled practically and not spoil previous pleasantries.

Also, I'm about to start the write up on CT recovery and my concept of spiritual agnosis. Hope to be done sometime today or tomorrow. Decided not to open a new thread and add it as an entry to the 'on your lawn' thread instead as I realized explanation would require context from my life and the journey into weirdness began around the time I left off in that thread. This would be around 1998.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sung Low

This person lives near me...

A neighbour added: "There was a lot of noise in the morning around 10am. There was a lot of police outside in the close causing a lot of commotion. There were about 12 police officers in the close, six of them in riot gear.

"I didn't know what was going on at the time, so I went outside to ask them to quieten down. I soon realised something serious was going on with the guy who lives upstairs."

:lulz: Awards for insight are sure to be on their way.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Cain

"HEY FUCKFACES, THIS IS MEANT TO BE A POLICE ACTION, NOT A GODDAMN DISCO.  GET ON WITH IT!"

Chelagoras The Boulder

First day free of the prehumans. A lot of the kids were really broken up about me leaving the YMCA, which I didnt expect. Got a lot of nice goodbye notes from the kids and a surprising number of them actually burst into tears. Even one of my worst students was sad to see me go, and we practically had a Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner kind of relationship.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 28, 2015, 11:47:23 PM
First day free of the prehumans. A lot of the kids were really broken up about me leaving the YMCA, which I didnt expect. Got a lot of nice goodbye notes from the kids and a surprising number of them actually burst into tears. Even one of my worst students was sad to see me go, and we practically had a Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner kind of relationship.

Aw, that means you're a good teacher. :) Way to go!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So the grad student who taught the last couple of weeks of neurophysiology decided last-minute that since she was giving us material that was way beyond the biology knowledge of most of the class, instead of having an online multiple-choice final, she would just basically have us write 250-word answers to five questions.

Problem: The only way to pad out some of these concepts to 250 words is to talk about them as if you're explaining them to someone who has never taken a biology class and doesn't know what DNA is.

I've just gone right ahead and gone there. It's snarky as fuck, and I don't even fucking care.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I feel completely insulted. I hope that the end result is that she does too.

Chelagoras The Boulder

^THIS. I greatly approve of this.

Also thank you.:D
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Sung Low

Quote from: Cain on February 28, 2015, 11:43:50 PM
"HEY FUCKFACES, THIS IS MEANT TO BE A POLICE ACTION, NOT A GODDAMN DISCO.  GET ON WITH IT!"

:lulz:

They don't get the opportunity to do this often and were probably just a bit overexcited about getting the chance to dress up. It sounds excessive for apprehending one man, but hey, he might have been a fully greased up Charles Bronson motherfucker.

The d key has chosen to absent itself