News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Faust on August 18, 2014, 09:34:25 PM
Hello new people, Out of my personal curiosity, are any of you here after reading the io9 article?

The wha??
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hooplala

Quote from: Faust on August 18, 2014, 10:08:09 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on August 18, 2014, 10:06:09 PM
Quote from: Faust on August 18, 2014, 09:34:25 PM
Hello new people, Out of my personal curiosity, are any of you here after reading the io9 article?

The wha??

http://io9.com/the-greatest-fake-religion-of-all-time-1622095459

Oh yes, that... I sort of assumed only people already interested in discordianism paid any attention to that.  What a cynic I've become.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LordOfganza

Hello, everyone!

This was my original introduction post:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26073.msg910438#msg910438

I'm.... well, back!
Not that anyone cares (or even remembers), I know!
I was a relatively active member of this forum in 2010 and kind of disappeared then (again, not that I think it was noticed, lol). At the time I was going through a lot of stuff and PD was the perfect place for me to be. At the time I left new things started to happen and I decided to focus on my new projects and goals. I graduated in Gastronomy and used to work kitchen chef/restaurant manager, which prove to be really shitty in so many ways, so I just started anew as a translator. It worked out and I managed to finally leave the huge disgusting city I lived in and moved in to the countryside with my new gf (who is awesome).
The main reason I left PD was that it seemed to require too much attention. This forum is so lively that skipping a day involved a huge amount of reading to catch up with everything, and I wanted to know what was going on, as well as all the back reading required to understand some of the jokes (will never forget the Orange Eating Contest post).
However, I missed it. Never again have I found a forum where people had so much freedom to be and say what they wanted, but also were so close (even when most had never actually met each other). So, today I decided to see if it still existed. Then I proceeded to see if the same people were active, and they WERE, and that is saying something.
I don't remember many after all this time. I remember Cramulus, of course, with whom I parlay'd sometimes, and Cain, and also some Doctor who had this cool picture of him with some Evil Genius glasses I want for myself to this day, among some others. If any of you sees this and don't remember me, I understand completely lol.
I actually suggested to GASM projects at the time:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26138.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26130.15

It seems neither got anywhere after I left, which is a shame, but if anyone would want to revive them, please be my guest. I have particular interest for MusicGASM since now I actually study at a conservatory and take music much more seriously than I already did at the time.

Well, this is it. Considering the time elapsed I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself again.
Since I do a lot of stuff now (language teaching, Japanese course, conservatory classes, occasional translation, side projects) I decided that I would avoid being TOO participative so as to avoid losing precious time I need for everything, but I sure missed you guys, and you should notice my presence on the forums once again =)

Kind regards,

Lord Nigel Omar Ofganza
"You know that in Africa they have animals they call monkeys..."
"So?'
"Nothing"
The Seventh Seal - Ingmar Bergman
<Yes, same signature after 4 years. What can I say, I'm traditional>

hooplala

Welcome back.  I doubt the forum will be too frantic for you at this point.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Reginald Ret

Welcome back!
I have some vague memories of someone like you.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey there, new guy!

I seem to have missed your previous presence entirely.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

I am the space
through what folds
Wicker Men of old.

That's my case,
in storied souls
ready to behold :lulz:

RevDWC

Right, time to delurk.
Hello PD, I'm Rev. Dances With Cages from New Zealand.
I've been coming and going as a lurker for quite a while, and yesterday it became clear that I should have got my feet wet a while ago.
I stumbled onto Discordianism by simply looking for stuff I enjoyed on the interwebs and following clues here and there that caught my eye. Basically the path went 1) Look for motorcycle stuff when first exposed to the web. 2)Find newsgroup rec.motorcycles, and enjoy what some of those folk had to say. 3) Follow a few links from there to The Jargon File where I recognised some personality traits (or at least wanted to recognise them) 4) Drawing connections to a few other events in my life, real or imagined.
From then on seemed to become inevitable, this book, that song, some people I met along the way, all seemed to snowball and made life pretty confusing for a while.
Somewhere along the way I found these forums and quickly realised that I might learn to be a better person if I paid attention, maybe even become a functional biped, as some say around here. There's lots more, but it's a good time to Actually Get Started rather procrastinate by fretting over details.
Hello PD, I'm Rev. Dances With Cages from New Zealand.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Pæs