News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Phantom Tollbooth

Started by StarFish, July 27, 2005, 07:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarFish

First, I'm only kind of back, I'm really too busy to keep up with the internet.

Okay, has anyone ever read the Phantom Tollbooth? It's a really good book, and I first read it in middle school. I just bought my own copy and have been rereading it, and thinking it's very Discordian. Then I came across this in chp 10 page 125

QuoteBe a good fellow and watch my orchestra till morning will you? And be sure to wake me at 5:23 for sunrise. Good night ....

the time is too random for this to have been an accident... mn
Étoiles de Mer de Saint le Cinquième

LMNO

I do believe Noton Juster is one of Us.

Just sayin.

Welcome (temporarily) back.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I need to reread that now.

Bob the Mediocre

Cool. Always liked that book. Only thing I remember about it is Jumping to Conclusions though
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

chaosgraves:agentoferis

"Are you a doctor?" asked Milo, trying to feel as well as possible.
"I am KAKOFONOUS A. DISCHORD, DOCTOR OF DISSONANCE," roared the man, and, as he spoke, several small explosions and a grinding crash were heard.

"What does the 'A' stand for?" stammered the nervous bug, too frightened to move.

"AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE," bellowed the doctor, and two screeches and a bump accompanied his response. "Now, step a little closer and stick out your tongues.

"Just as I suspected," he continued, opening a large dusty book and thumbing through the pages. "You're suffering from a severe lack of noise."

He began to jump around the wagon, snatching bottles from the shelves until he had a large assortment in various colors and sizes collected at one end of the table. All were neatly labeled: Loud Cries, Soft Cries, Bangs, Bongs, Smashes, Crashes, Swishes, Swooshes, Snaps and Crackles, Whistles and Gongs, Squeaks, Squawks, and Miscellaneous Uproar. After pouring a little of each into a large glass beaker, he stirred the mixture thoroughly with a wooden spoon, watching intently as it smoked and steamed and boiled and bubbled.

"Be ready in just a moment," he explained, rubbing his hands.

from the Phantom Tollbooth
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.