News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Book of the SubGenius. Book of Lies. Worth reading?

Started by Technocracy, September 27, 2005, 12:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

icould adda  thing or two as well, but since el has covered teh msot obvious...
Hell is other people.

fluffy

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: doubtless incident
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: fluffy
i have it
it's currently keeping the other books on the shelf from touching each other
am i supposed to read it, too?
I am so confused, you only have 3 books :shock: or is the BotSG in more than one piece :?
it's a 3-book shelf. only this <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------> wide.

Better than a book as wide as a shelf like that :shock:

the cookies and pie books are on one side
and the shit slinging books are on the other

there'd be more
but i can only reach up so high

all the other books are up where the gnomes think i can't reach

but i'm working on a plan

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Book of Subgenius....was actually meant to be read?

Fuck.

I suspect next thing you'll tell me is that I have to read the PD too.

Shit.

The Book of Lies is a total rip on all occultism. It is the funniest piece of crap ever written by Crowley (except for Magic without Tears) Crowley tricked the shit out of hundreds of Madjgickquians...and his work is still doing it. You can find the Book of lies online.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNOMang & I can cover the Book of Lies pretty well for you.  I'll start.

1.  Lot's of Kabbalistic in-jokes.  You'll need at least a basic understanding of Kabbala to get them.

2.  Thinly disguised how-to manual on Tantric sex magic (alter spelling of "magic" as you will).

3.  Crap poetry.  The guy was a lot of things, but even Fred Durst wrote better rhymes.

4.  Triple-entendra in-jokes dissing the OTO, Golden Dawn, and the other institutionalized dogmatic occult orders.

5.  Only a good read if you like esoteric puzzles.

Mang will probably have a few things to add...

actually L', i think you got it covered. would add that he was also trying to show off to his girlfriend. now there's a great reason to write poetry... :lol:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

::hi fives teh Mang::

Nothing like calling your girlfriend the Whore of Babylon to set the mood...

Enrico Salazar

The Book of Subgenius is a very popular book where I come from, second only to Men Are From Mars And Women Are From Venus, which is basically what you call Bible here.
Did someone say gorgeous?