News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Day of Discord : Edinburgh '10

Started by Payne, February 25, 2010, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on May 05, 2010, 08:15:11 PM
i found a hostel thats like £9 a night, was gonna book tonight or tommorrow, I don't mind booking two beds if you're particularly disorganised/busy atm

x

edd

The Belford Hostel, near to the centre of town in a kick ass old red brick church is like £15 per night.

Roaring Biscuit!

was looking at this place, as I am literally just going to sleep there so I don't have to fuck off 7pm

http://www.brodieshostels.co.uk/

cheap as chips me hearty :)

x

Payne

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on May 05, 2010, 08:39:22 PM
was looking at this place, as I am literally just going to sleep there so I don't have to fuck off 7pm

http://www.brodieshostels.co.uk/

cheap as chips me hearty :)

x

Good job that man.

Payne

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on May 13, 2010, 01:29:10 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on May 13, 2010, 12:55:20 PM
On a only slightly related subject, RB and Trip: you better be getting your shit together for getting to Edinburgh on June 12th.

Or I'll "Customise" a guitar on your heads.

I have teh accomodation!  Just need a train.  On a scale of 1-Holy FUCK, what kind of  hangover should I be expecting?  thus what train would be advisable homewards?  *answer in Edinburgh thread please* :)

Pfft. Making me find and bump this thread and not righteously thread-jacking your other one. That'll be another pint you owe me, RB.

Also, for hangovers it really depends how much you drink. You don't HAVE to drink. Of course, if you keep pace with P3nT and I, you may well be feeling a little delicate on Sunday morning.

We should consider getting some flyers and such arranged I suppose. Any postering and leaflets will be more readily seen in June than in August due to it not being right in the middle of the Edinburgh Festivals.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Last year my liver needed a reformat.

Srsly. I had teh tremors.

Reginald Ret

i will try to get enough moneys together.

if i get a steady job before that time: i wont be ashamed to borrow for something like this.
though august may be a better idea for mea.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Triple Zero

I BOOKED MY FLIGHT TODAY!

17e Bremen to Edinburgh + 8e back + 2x5e random Ryan Air administration costs = 35 euros whoooooo :D

Now to book a middle-of-the-fucking-night return ticket to Bremen Airport (which is actually not in Bremen) for 30 euros and I'm DONE!

65 euro = Cheapest DoD tickets EVAR :D :D

oh and something like 3 pound for the bus from Edinburgh Airport to the Black Scottish Alien Mothership Disguised As A "Monument" (I know better ...)

dunno if you can get cheap flights like that from where you are Regret, Schiphol airport taxes are pretty steep. You might even want to consider going via Bremen, if you book quickly you got a good chance you can get the same flight for a similar price, when there are not many seats left the site says "ONLY A FEW SEATS LEFT!!!" and it didn't say that. But you should probably do it tomorrow or at least this week. You also need to borrow a creditcard to be able to book online (I'm assuming that, like me, you don't have one, and these backward peoples never heard of iDeal). Also I got 0 bags and no insurance to get at this price. I get my travel insurance elsewhere since I'll be making some more trips (and going to Germany often), but you basically need it for the off-chance that you break your leg or something and suddenly get presented with a zillion bucks of hospital bill and re-book your flight to have place for a cast leg and and and you really dont wanna know what accidents in foreign countries actually cost. I will shut up now.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reginald Ret

000h thanks trip!
Sadly i broke my friend's xbox360 and now I have literally no money left over for fun things :(
So the only way i would make it to DoD is if i get this crappy job(the one i am now doing as a temp) i applied for and consequently bum some money.

Let's call it highly unlikely i can come.  :cry:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Faust

I've looked into coming over, if I can insure my tickets against a volcano I should be able to get over
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Payne

Quote from: Faust on May 18, 2010, 11:46:22 AM
I've looked into coming over, if I can insure my tickets against a volcano I should be able to get over

BOOYAH!
                                                    /     \   \
                                                  /         \    \

Triple Zero

Quote from: Faust on May 18, 2010, 11:46:22 AM

I WILL TELL BJORK TO STICK HER FAT BUTT IN IT

Pope Pixie Pickle

i booked my tickets on saturday.  :mrgreen:

Triple Zero

Triple Zero

[another note to self] MUST BUY GOOGLEY EYES