News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Paid to Blog??

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, October 26, 2009, 09:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

http://venturebeat.com/2009/10/22/technorati-full-time-bloggers-are-making-more-money-than-ever/#

Is this true?  Is anyone here getting paid to Blog?  And if so, can you tell me how to do this for $$$???

Triple Zero

google "how to get paid for blogging" :lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Messier Undertree

Am I the only one who noticed what's wrong with that pie chart?

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The only way's I have seen to get paid for blogging are

a) blog for a major media outlet, like The Atlantic, WSJ or Guardian Newspaper
b) become a shill for just about every going product and use SEO and the like to make your blog more popular (risky, credibility issues)
c) create your own blog, get it popular and then include Google Ads on it (low return).

Everything else seems to be a scam.

Jenne

My uncle gets paid to blog by the Orange County Register, and he's been working for them for nigh-on 30 years.  This was what he chose to do instead of early retirement, since papers are downsizing so much.  It was a tough reassignment to get, and more of a promotion.

Getting paid to blog could be a newfangled way of getting not-so-public opinions publishable and out there, but it really makes no sense when Twitter, Facebook, Craigslist and MySpace are so freely availiable for every jill-woman and jack-man to say wtf they want.   The thing is: why would anyone want to read what you have to say?  There has to be 1) interest, 2) legitimacy and 3) a hook.

So I think Cain and Roger are right--scam unless it's from a creditable source, like my uncle's job.

Dysfunctional Cunt

SIGH

Eh well, I kind figured that but...  One can hope  :lulz:

Richter

Getting paid to blag sounds like my current job replaced with writing, and my free time expected to be focused on blogging over things I'm NOT interested in as opposed to PD.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Precious Moments Zalgo

What about being a paid shill on conspiracy forums?  Is George Soros still hiring?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on October 27, 2009, 03:15:17 PM
What about being a paid shill on conspiracy forums?  Is George Soros still hiring?

:lulz:

I'm just trying to make my second job a bit easier on my kids.  I get off work at 4:30 to go to the second job by 5 and I'm home around 2:15 in the morning.  I only see the kids in the morning as they get ready, Saturday mornings and Sundays.  If I thought I could make money at my computer at home, well then.....

Cramulus

if you are able to pump out a nice, short 200 word article every single day, you could be making as much as five or six dollars a month!

Rumckle

Essentially, I mean from what I understand it is possible to get paid a livable wage from blogging (without joining an online paper or the like). But it isn't easy, and will take a while to get a decent readership that will let you do it full time. And even then, no guarantees.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cramulus on October 27, 2009, 03:24:06 PM
if you are able to pump out a nice, short 200 word article every single day, you could be making as much as five or six dollars a month!

Oh yeah baby!  Gas money to get to the second job!! :lulz:

Quote from: Rumckle on October 27, 2009, 03:45:07 PM
Essentially, I mean from what I understand it is possible to get paid a livable wage from blogging (without joining an online paper or the like). But it isn't easy, and will take a while to get a decent readership that will let you do it full time. And even then, no guarantees.

I just thought it might be a second job option as opposed to waiting tables, tending bar and cleaning offices after hours!  Which is what my second job(s) are..... 

sigh

No worries, I get it!

:lulz:

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on October 27, 2009, 03:24:06 PM

I'm pretty sure Russia Today paid about $30 per 2000 word article.

Oh, and you'd be working for Russia's English language propaganda arm.

Jenne

I have one of the few lucrative computer jobs, and most people who have it are professors at some university.  And this is their side job.  Others I know do this job plus writing the assessments for other test generating companies as well.  It's sad, but internet jobs are not as plentiful as the estimates in the 90's and the early-2000's would have had us believe they would be by late-2009.

Medical and law transcripting is another job that comes to mind that people do over the internet.  Sales is another.  Web-based programming used to be a hot one, but now with wysiwyg programming, anyone can do it practically.

Job markets, they suck.