News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Discordian Evangelism

Started by Cramulus, December 09, 2009, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 10, 2009, 01:22:50 AM
If I had more time and energy I'd put it into launching a proper tirade against my nemesis Cramulus and his evangelical, orderly ways

but I'm kind of just exhausted.

I'd like to see awareness of Discordia increased, but not using the name Discordia. I'd like to see it in the form of allusions to a shadowy, slightly menacing group of ne'er-do-well's and troublemakers under some other name, with another layer of intrigue under that, and another one under that, so that if people investigated long enough and peeled back all the layers they would find Merry Old Discordja underneath it all.

It would make it more fun, and more interesting.

THIS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Brotep

Discordian evangelism = Discovangelism?

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: Brotep on December 10, 2009, 02:26:10 AM

Only if BEARFORCE1 is playing while you do it.

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO on December 10, 2009, 02:54:26 AM
Quote from: Brotep on December 10, 2009, 02:26:10 AM

Only if BEARFORCE1 is playing  Chariots of fire in slowmo while you do it.

eta:  :wink:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

I'd say we try to put together a calvinball league, other stupider sports have made this list

Cainad (dec.)

If I had more time and energy I'd put it into launching a proper tirade against my nemesis Cramulus and his evangelical, orderly ways

I'd like to see awareness of Discordia increased, but not using the name Discordia. I'd like to see it in the form of allusions to a shadowy, slightly menacing group of ne'er-do-well's and troublemakers under some other name, with another layer of intrigue under that, and another one under that, so that if people investigated long enough and peeled back all the layers they would find Merry Old Discordja underneath it all.

So it's about whether or not we attach the Discordian brand to the shit we do.

I was going to say something else, but at 5:56 in the morning I am in no fit state to do more than make that statement.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on December 10, 2009, 10:57:09 AM

So it's about whether or not we attach the Discordian brand to the shit we do.

I was going to say something else, but at 5:56 in the morning I am in no fit state to do more than make that statement.

Apparently, you aren't fit to read HER statement.  Drink some fucking coffee (it's your pal!) and read it again.

Cramulus

I see where you're coming from.

I would prefer if you launched a parallel crusade, rather than counteracting what I'm going for

(I'm not implying that this is what you're doing... Just suggesting that AND beats EITHER/OR)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 10, 2009, 01:56:34 PM
I see where you're coming from.

I would prefer if you launched a parallel crusade, rather than counteracting what I'm going for

(I'm not implying that this is what you're doing... Just suggesting that AND beats EITHER/OR)

The more approaches, the better.

LMNO

In fact, it would be pretty cool to set it up like the AWS was, where different "factions" kept their plots secret from the others, and only revealed it once complete.

It would make it fun for the outside observers, too... We'd start thinking, "another one of ours?" any time we saw something fucked up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 10, 2009, 02:13:33 PM
In fact, it would be pretty cool to set it up like the AWS was, where different "factions" kept their plots secret from the others, and only revealed it once complete.

It would make it fun for the outside observers, too... We'd start thinking, "another one of ours?" any time we saw something fucked up.

That would be awesome.

My faction will, of course, wind up fighting your faction.  We will prevail.

LMNO

Richter

In addition to tracts / pamplets / posters, I'm thinking some sort of "Exercises" / "Homework" / "Public Service" exercises might be fun to put together.  Unlike specific propaganda / amusement of self and others projects like postering or GASM's, these could be some basic things, (ranging from easy deviancy to high lunacy) that anyone could perform, alone or en masse, to get their hands dirty or develop themselves in the scope of publically active freakdom.  No real goals, except to get more mirth, skill, and comfort, at publically acting out, rabble rousing, disseminating, distracting, or demonstrating.  

Examples:
- Rant in a public place (off the cuff, minimal rehersal, draw metaphors or inspiration from what you see)  
- Debate with a street preacher.  See if they know their stuff well enough to pwn  See if YOU know your stuff well enough to pwn.  See if they get uncomfortable and leave.  See if you can convert them.
- Have a WEIRD, ambiguous bordering on horror, or otherwise startling discussion where other folks can hear (Like Cramulus's "Cat in the Microwave" speach.)  Carry this off as seriously or academically as possible.
- Showtunes.  Make life into a musical for a certain place / group. Add dance numbers?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

For the shut-in:  Perhaps we can brainstorm ways to use social network sites to our own advantage.  Our own "circle of friends" may know us to be weirdos, but their circle may not...  Or the various "groups".  This would be different than trolling, it would be more like making things stranger.

Or maybe I'm just babbling here.