News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Blight's Discordian Appreciation thread

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, November 13, 2010, 06:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Niamh-

You're very new, but I think that you'll make a nice addition to our board. You've got a fire in you that's readily apparent, and you seem like you can defend yourself like the best of them.

Also, your name fucking rocks. One of the few of our myths that my father told me was the story of Oisin in Tir na n'Og. Obviously Niamh is the faerie woman who seduced him into the land of the young. It was the first real connection that I had to my heritage, and the name Niamh automatically stirs that memory.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Whatever

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2010, 04:56:59 AM
Niamh-

You're very new, but I think that you'll make a nice addition to our board. You've got a fire in you that's readily apparent, and you seem like you can defend yourself like the best of them.

Also, your name fucking rocks. One of the few of our myths that my father told me was the story of Oisin in Tir na n'Og. Obviously Niamh is the faerie woman who seduced him into the land of the young. It was the first real connection that I had to my heritage, and the name Niamh automatically stirs that memory.

Wow I wasn't expecting anything like this thank you.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Niamh on November 14, 2010, 05:10:22 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2010, 04:56:59 AM
Niamh-

Wow I wasn't expecting anything like this thank you.

Failte romhat. :)

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, why do you think I was so ready to spout off so assuredly when it came to your name?  :lulz:

Triple Zero

I'm pretty sure Niamh is a type of rechargeable batteries, TBH.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 13, 2010, 06:13:16 PM
dimo, You're a solid dude. It was awesome having beers with you at the Frost Heaves show, and the meet up here in Boston. You excel at bringing the good natured insults and are smart enough to keep out of the pointless shitstorms that occasionally blow through PD. I look forward to the next time we get to hang out.

I'm not a big fan of this, either. Though, warm n' fuzzy is better than pointles bickering, I'd rather find a middle road.

But, in the spirit of the topic, I love (most of) you guys. Many of you had a hand in changing my life for the "better." I really don't know what I'd be doing if I hadn't found this place. One thing's for sure: I'd most likely have given up.

An aside, Hoops is probably one of the biggest "unsung heroes" of discordia. Glad to see a recent upswing in his post-count.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Regret on November 14, 2010, 02:36:09 PM
That's Ni-MH.
Nickel-MetalHydride.

Regret, I can't recall anything specific that you've posted other than the recent offer to help in TeaPartyGASM (going to pull a list together for that this weekend). But, I do know that everytime you do post something I want to say "Space Cock SMASH!" in a Hulk sort of voice, which makes me smile even if I don't do it. Next time I will though. Also it makes me think of Leto Atreides.  :)

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

A Villager

Even though you've been my caretaker all week- Me!!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pēleus on November 15, 2010, 03:42:52 AM
Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 13, 2010, 06:57:07 PM
Out of fucking nowhere - a lurker whom nobody has ever even heard of!

:cn: :lulz:

Peleus, I often have trouble trying to figure out what you're getting at, but when I can understand you you seem like a decent fellow. Sometimes you even post something in between making sense and not making sense that gets me to laugh. I hope things go well for you and Thetis as you start your family together.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: A Villager on November 15, 2010, 03:49:06 AM
Even though you've been my caretaker all week- Me!!

Weeds, I've been appreciating you all week, but I'll let you have it anyway. I'm not going to give you any lovey dovey shit, so as not to gross out everyone else. But, you're an excellent bassist so stop talking about how much you suck at it. And you'd be my favorite band mate even if I weren't bonking you.