News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I need to play the original Dark Souls, but modding it for PC seems like an awful lot of effort.

Demolition Squid

Reminds me, Bloodbourne is out soon isn't it? Though it might be PS4 exclusive at first that's the 'gothic horror' game by the Dark Souls guys, getting pretty good reviews!
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cain

Yeah, PS4 exclusive.  Playstation seem to be getting the actually good exclusives, between that and The Last of Us.  I'm still more annoyed by exclusives than I am tempted to buy a PS4 though.

Demolition Squid

They're mostly timed exclusives these days so... eventually it'll probably make its way onto PC if it does well.

Since they changed the code base of the consoles to be much closer to PC I'm told it takes way less effort now to make great ports (which really shows in Xenoverse, weirdly, where the 'port' was released at the same time and is just better in every way than the console version) so hopefully it won't be long.

Cain

Hah, they said the same thing about Inquisition....although it looks like most of the patches have fixed that terrible PC port.

Which reminds me, I still need to do a playthrough of that.  I think I had the Shadowplay settings as good as they can get...so I'll try that this weekend.

Faust

boodborne is unlikely to be ported as it is a collaboration between from software and Sony, but hopefully this is not the case.

Timed exclusives are ok, but I cant stand permanent platform exclusives in this day in age.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Faust on March 18, 2015, 12:36:52 PM
boodborne is unlikely to be ported as it is a collaboration between from software and Sony, but hopefully this is not the case.

Timed exclusives are ok, but I cant stand permanent platform exclusives in this day in age.
I couldn't stand it in the middle ages either, it's just fukken annoying.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Vanadium Gryllz

If the Borderlands Handsome Collection wasn't coming out next week i'd be seriously considering ESO. As it is, I think i'll save the money (been making some impulsive and ill-considered game purchases this year (Evolve, zombie army...)) and get Borderlands instead. I can't wait to replay BL2 and experience the pre-sequel for the first time.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Demolition Squid on March 18, 2015, 11:10:46 AM
The story is terrible, the writing is atrocious, some of the game mechanics are laughable...

... but goddamn it is fun! It gets a huge buy from me for the nostalgia factor, though.

Team Four Star Plays is pretty hilarious. In fact, if you haven't seen it, Dragonball Z Abridged is pretty fantastic too because it is both funny AND a superior version of the story from the show too! A good way to kill a few hours.

The Saiyan Saga was unfunny, the Frieza Saga got some chuckles out of me, but the Cell Saga was too damn good. God damn it Vegeta!

Demolition Squid

I like it all, but it has gotten consistently better... I think because they are relying on in-jokes and callbacks to the show much less as they hit their stride. My favorite episode is still 20 - Namekimania 2011. :D

The latest movie they did was hilarious, too.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Faust on March 18, 2015, 11:23:05 AM
I've been mainlining souls for over a month.

Finished dark souls 2, finished dark souls one and played it again up to the point where I could kick Lutrek off the cliff. And I've started into Demon's souls.

I have a problem.

Problem? I think you mean "playing the correct video games."

Cainad,
Also has a problem.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 18, 2015, 02:59:35 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 18, 2015, 11:23:05 AM
I've been mainlining souls for over a month.

Finished dark souls 2, finished dark souls one and played it again up to the point where I could kick Lutrek off the cliff. And I've started into Demon's souls.

I have a problem.

Problem? I think you mean "playing the correct video games."

Cainad,
Also has a problem.

I've got friends into this Dark Souls. I'm really glad I don't have a tv or game system anymore or I'd be playing rather than eating or otherwise supporting life functions.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cainad (dec.)

I think my total time logged into Dark Souls 1 exceeds 400 hours.

Faust

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 18, 2015, 03:36:18 PM
I think my total time logged into Dark Souls 1 exceeds 400 hours.
Wow, onto your third or so new game +?
I packed it in at 70 hours on Ng+ after kicking Lutrec of the cliff, it felt like  good place to step off.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I just had my line manager take my hand and "jokingly" slap it, like you would with a naughty child.

Dear fucking God this place is putting my poker face to the test.