Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Discordianism in one sentence:

Started by trix, September 22, 2011, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 07:37:37 PM
Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:35:13 PM
I was aiming for the greyface, but seem to have missed and hit the Dok in the nutsack.  I'm dreadfully sorry, Dok.  I'm working to improve my aim, I promise!

Hey, I *ASKED* if you wanted to hear more.  You said that in fact you did, even if it was at your expense.

Now you're implying that I'm butthurt?   :lulz:

You college kids...you get all the best drugs.

That is true, I did ask for it.

You'd think, with the incredible amount of lurking I've done and Dok rants I've read, that I'd know better than to ask Dok for it, but I guess I have a bit of a masochist impulse.

This is likely the same impulse that pushes me to tune in to the "news" stations now and again.  Or to read posts made by GIGGLES.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:11:26 PM
Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 06:02:02 PM
Speaking of rather funny, it's interesting how an anecdotal mention of hackey sack has changed the direction of the entire thread.

I think it might've been where you supposed that a stupid game of hackey sack was rankling, and I quote, "The Establishment". 

I mean, you DO see where that might come off as a bit hokey, right?  You really think "The Establishment" of whatever school you are going to really gives a fuck about your pick-up game of hackey sack?  If they are like any other college in America right now, they are shitting bricks over the sea of red in the ledgers.  Your game of hackey sack doesn't really mean anything to anyone except you.  And it certainly is not going to challenge any kind of "Establishment", anywhere. 

Yeah.  You are of course correct.  Only an idiot would believe that a game of hackey sack accomplishes anything more then wasting some time.  Unfortunately, I realized too late that I should have added some sort of wink or gif to the comment to emphasize the tongue-in-cheek way it was intended.  My mistake, as now I seem to have poked the beehive.

Beehive?  No, Dok, LMNO, and I are just helping you out a little with your education.  Think of us as free-lance tutors.  The bill will be in the mail. 

No, no, we're a hive mind.  There's no sense denying it now.

BZZZZZZZ!!!!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:46:38 PM

You'd think, with the incredible amount of lurking I've done and Dok rants I've read, that I'd know better than to ask Dok for it, but I guess I have a bit of a masochist impulse.

This is likely the same impulse that pushes me to tune in to the "news" stations now and again.  Or to read posts made by GIGGLES.

You're hardcore man!

Doktor Howl

You're not alone.  Sometimes it seems like the ENTIRE WORLD files up to my door with their pants around their ankles and a silly grin on their face, wanting me to abuse them.

They don't SAY it in so many words, as you did, but their actions speak volumes.

I am a very, very busy man.
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:49:33 PM

You're hardcore man!

Nah, I still get depressed when I do so.

Hardcore would be tuning into the news, and laughing deep from the belly at the results.  I'm trying to learn to appreciate the horrible joke, but I have such a long way to go.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:49:33 PM

You're hardcore man!

Nah, I still get depressed when I do so.

Hardcore would be tuning into the news, and laughing deep from the belly at the results.  I'm trying to learn to appreciate the horrible joke, but I have such a long way to go.

Personally, I love the news (though I usually read it rather than watch it).

But I've always been a big fan of slapstick.
Molon Lube

AFK

Fuck, the "news" doesn't even rank as entertainment (for me) anymore.  

It's the same gags over and over again.  It's no Abbot and Costello.  

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 08:04:56 PM
It's the same gags over and over again.

So was The Three Stooges, and that shit never gets old.
Molon Lube

AFK

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:23:25 PM
In b4 anti-trix mob mentality takes hold and paints me as a deluded retarded attention whore drug addict hippy with assburgers.

Nah, you just sound like the typical naive, wide-eyed college student. 

You'll grow out of it. 

And then he can be an embittered old fuck like me.

And thus, another generation passes on the torch of GIT OFF MA LAWN!

Is thirty old enough for that? Cuz I'm itching to use it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 22, 2011, 08:18:48 PM
Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:25:03 PM
In b4 anti-trix mob mentality takes hold and paints me as a deluded retarded attention whore drug addict hippy with assburgers.

You'll grow out of it. 

Take this simple test:  You see a teenager wearing a shirt for an emo band.  You say what?
Molon Lube

Payne

Discordianism in one sentence:

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 05:39:56 PM
The Subgenius guy is the person I was talking to initially, but then somebody else in the hackey sack circle was the guy who asked about Discordianism.

Witness Discordianism in action from this point of the thread onwards.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 08:21:02 PM

You'll grow out of it. 

Take this simple test:  You see a teenager wearing a shirt for an emo band.  You say what?

Probably something like, "ARRRGGHHHH!!! FUCKING EMO KIDS!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 22, 2011, 08:42:16 PM

You'll grow out of it. 

I hate their hairstyles too. It makes me want to take a buzzer and....

Oh. I see.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 22, 2011, 08:42:16 PM

You'll grow out of it. 

You still have a ways to go, I'm afraid.  That merits at least 3 paragraphs, and two mentions of "why, in MY day...".

Molon Lube