News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Little Orange 2 is finally through editing, and will be available on Nook, etc (except Kindle) tomorrow morning.

:banana:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 14, 2015, 10:34:37 PM
Little Orange 2 is finally through editing, and will be available on Nook, etc (except Kindle) tomorrow morning.

HUZZAH! Effort not wasted!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 15, 2015, 04:53:50 AM

Yeah, if #3 goes through tomorrow, all 7 books will be done.

So then it's time to do LDW and the new story.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 15, 2015, 05:10:24 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 15, 2015, 04:53:50 AM

Yeah, if #3 goes through tomorrow, all 7 books will be done.

So then it's time to do LDW and the new story.

Your stuff is really great and I'm glad it's getting published. I haven't picked up reading LO again, but because I sense somehow that there will be no going back from where I'm at in Engines of Creation. There's a weird desire to get more of my own stuff down in writing before I proceed. Not really sure why, but I think you've managed to troll my soul a bit. Not really kidding about that, it's weird. Think I'm going to just keep reading AND writing as I can. This next week's going to be hectic, but I'm getting the feeling that if I don't willingly choose to MAKE time I'll get stuck in "The Crack".
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

If the revolutions of today are tomorrow's hot topics, what are the hot topics of today going to be tomorrow?
Poe's law ;)

Meunster

Can someone sell tickets to their suicide? 
Like big concert stage, have some bands play, then BAM guy chugs a bottle of everclear, takes a bottle of Tylenol then does a backflip, head first off, the roof of the stage.
I'd buy tickets to that. Hell I'd sell tickets to mine.

I feel like there's a law agianst it though. Which,  I don't think there should be. The right of getting off the ride should be part of the Constitution or something. 
Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Meunster on September 15, 2015, 06:27:57 AM
Like big concert stage, have some bands play, then BAM guy chugs a bottle of everclear, takes a bottle of Tylenol then does a backflip, head first off, the roof of the stage.

I feel like there's a law agianst it though. Which,  I don't think there should be. The right of getting off the ride should be part of the Constitution or something.

It's an inalienable right in the sense that nobody can stop you. Go test that if you doubt me.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

I'm not entirely sure the law is the best deterrence against people planning on committing suicide....

President Television

I feel like there's a law agianst it though.

I dunno, GG Allin once promised to kill himself on stage at one of his shows on a specific date. You could say that was effectively selling tickets to a suicide. I mean, he was in prison at the time, so he didn't do it, and in any case it probably doesn't matter if it's illegal or not because it's GG Allin, but there is sorta precedent.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Chelagoras The Boulder

So today i was ringing up a large order for these three Mexican dudes, and my head cashier was helping me out because it was one of those transactions that couldve been a shoplifting attempt(whenever someone buys a bigass container that could hide a lot of stolen swag, we get real cautious). a huge tool chest, several doors, and a bunch of insulation came out to over 650 dollars, which they paid in mostly 20s. So, not wanting to screw up the cash count in front of the head cashier, i take my time to count out the twenties. I can hear the guys chattering to each other in Spanish, but i'm not paying attention, as i'm only thinking about the cash in my hand. I get the total, make change and complete the transaction. Afterwards the head cashier turns to me and asks if i speak spanish, I say yes, and ask why. She says that apparently the three cholos had been talking smack about me in spanish while i was trying to count out their money. "yea," she says, "I was sitting here waiting for you to say something. You should have stood up for yourself."
First thoughts: "oh damn i feel a fool now, I didn't even realize those guys were messing with me
Second thoughts: "oh fuck, she probably thinks i'm a pushover now that I didn't say shit to those guys."
Third thoughts: "Wait, did the head cashier just give me permission to start shit with cholos?"
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Faust

Awesome man, I know I haven't been around much lately but if you'd like me to promote it on the front page and blog just drop me a PM with a link and I'll put it up.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on September 15, 2015, 10:18:13 AM

Awesome man, I know I haven't been around much lately but if you'd like me to promote it on the front page and blog just drop me a PM with a link and I'll put it up.

Will do.

Meunster

So in late October I'm going to a secluded 120 acre farm in Missouri for a seasonal gathering of 4channers who enjoy guns.
Last time someone made brownies with cum in them. I'm excited to spend 3 days camping with a gun under my pillow incase they try to >rape. The brownies we're good though. And there always like 3 qt cross dressers that show up. 

Only problem is I have no one to go with, and I know shit about camping in the woods.

Any camping tips?
Poe's law ;)

Cain

Snakes are easily startled by shouting loudly at them to stop what they are doing, right now.

Cain