News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Capitalist existentialism is the natural progression of mankind's philosophy

Started by Sir Bearington, July 26, 2012, 01:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 27, 2012, 11:34:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2012, 11:27:39 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 27, 2012, 11:14:01 PM
And here I was thinking that Capitalist Existentialism meant making money off of interpreting the experiences of the individual for them.

"I'll pay you to tell me what I think about what I just experienced!!!"

We have that already.  It's called talk radio.

Yeah, I was hoping this was going to go down that rabbit hole, instead of whatever the OP was trying to say.

The OP is a kid with precisely zero social skills.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2012, 11:47:36 PM
And here I was thinking that Capitalist Existentialism meant making money off of interpreting the experiences of the individual for them.

Yeah, I was hoping this was going to go down that rabbit hole, instead of whatever the OP was trying to say.

Ah... well I like the term, we should hijack this thread and talk about Capitalist Existentialism as it occurs today,
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 27, 2012, 11:59:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

Ah... well I like the term, we should hijack this thread and talk about Capitalist Existentialism as it occurs today,

"Obama is a communist athiest Islamic doodoo head!"
\
:rush:

?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hirley0

Somewhere on the West coast of North America
considering the downfall of the Northern Hemisphere
Britian could be right up there in Metals count

Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 26, 2012, 01:21:39 PM
Somewhere in britian, plotting the downfall of the french

The Johnny

bear, if you get to see this, id recommend thomas kuhns the structure of scientific revolutions for a theorization of how ideas become popular.

id also recommend staying on topic for more than half a paragraph, your ideas are too confusing and lacking extension for them to be seriously discussed
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 28, 2012, 05:34:08 AM
bear, if you get to see this, id recommend thomas kuhns the structure of scientific revolutions for a theorization of how ideas become popular.

id also recommend staying on topic for more than half a paragraph, your ideas are too confusing and lacking extension for them to be seriously discussed

Bear was banned a few weeks back.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 01:55:17 PM

What was he banned for sir?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 28, 2012, 11:13:26 PM

Flooding.

And whistling on a Tuesday.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 11:14:55 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 28, 2012, 11:13:26 PM

Flooding.

And whistling on a Tuesday.

I knew I didn't trust that motherfucker. Probably not even english! :evil:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl