News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

RAEP IS GOOD MAJIK

Started by E.O.T., April 19, 2011, 05:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: E.O.T. on April 20, 2011, 08:40:26 AM
http://www.moxdiamond.com/Magic-The-Gathering/Deck/1919/total-white-black-rape.html

i have no idea what is going on in this game, but several variations on rape come up.

It's a collectible card game called "Magic". "White" and "Black" are two of the five colours or suits used in the game. It has nothing to do with actual rape.

It does, however, also indicate you were googling for terms like white+black+rape+magic ...

Does skin colour factor in it for you as well?

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

actually, that's the 2nd link on the page if you just google "rape magic". I think I see where you think you're going with this; I can assure you that EOT is the furthest thing from a rape-racist.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 20, 2011, 04:06:36 PM
actually, that's the 2nd link on the page if you just google "rape magic". I think I see where you think you're going with this; I can assure you that EOT is the furthest thing from a rape-racist.

This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Potion", btw, may be a  mistranslation of "ritual".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 20, 2011, 04:06:36 PM

I know that. I didn't really want to go there really, it's just the "white/black" in the title and Congo made me wonder, even though I knew better.

Sorry about the possible implication, EOT.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Nigel on April 20, 2011, 08:53:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that is one of the basic miscommunications that is going on in this thread. (and where the stuff about drugs is coming from)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BadBeast

I've been thinking about this today, while I was fishing. Especially the second video. And how Armies are made. Here, (& in Western Aries generally) we take the recruits, and with an almost formulaic combination of intimidation, grueling physical hardship, and obsessive pointless repetition of Drill, we psychologically break down the recruit, until he is utterly without any value system but the Army's. Then build them up, through training, and attention to detail into tightly knit Units of fighting men, superbly trained, armed, and disciplined. An Warrior Elite system, that rewards competence with Rank and Command. Every part steps in time with every other, and the chain of command keeps everything working in synchronized efficiency. Or that's the idea anyway.

Compare that with the way the Congolese Army is built. Traumatized War Orphans, of perhaps 6 7 years old, are taken in, looked after, fed, and basically brought up by their 'new family', the Army. These kids don't need to be broken down, they are already broken. The Army is everything to them. They learn to use weapons. They get to kill people, to have the power of life and death over just about anybody that isn't their own Army/Tribe. They kill without compunction, or remorse, because it's all that they have ever known. They are accountable to no-one, except to their Brothers in the Army. They have no fear, because they're de-sensitized, having been exposed to horrific levels of violence, right from their earliest memories. They have no knowledge of Women, save for a hazy sense of their dead Mothers, and the stories of the older boys who have been in combat, and know what it is to rape, and kill, and to slay your enemies. Not just with bullets, but by torturing and raping the survivors, they are brutalizing and scarring their enemies head-space, in an act that by it's sheer desecration of everything their enemy is, psychologically damages them.

The  The Mothers they cannot recall, who abandoned them by dying, but whose tits they suckled for their first years, are sublimated as  the Dark Mother, mentioned in the Freeman vid.  They are serving Kali Drga, like the Thuggee Cultists in India,   

"My Enemy's  Blood, for my Dark destroying Mother of ruination! Blood for Kali, Blood of the English"
And the chanting calls of
"Thuggee, thuggee, thugee, (Oi, oi, oi,)"  in the dark Jungles at night, would turn the blood of the Englishman, safe inside his Fortified Palace, to ice in his veins. The Empire, the Army, the Queen, meant fuck all when the strangling Thuggees were hunting for their horrible Skull bedecked, Demon Goddess.   

To all intents and purposes, the raping of the Enemy's women, empowers the victors, and devastates the losers. Which is, I suppose, from one viewpoint, is pretty powerful magics. Especially when their Generals have access to the same kind of Drugs the Nazis used to forge their Super loyal Berserkers, and their SS Werewolf Elite forces. Only stronger.
And an Army that were more polarized than the Nazis. Recruited and trained just like the Hitler Youth. Only far more brutal. More hardened to committing atrocious acts of violence, from an earlier age than the Nazis. But less disciplined, less effective against a modern Army. But they don't have to fight our Armies. As long as they keep it to Africa, they have pretty much whatever they can take.
Look at the Tutsi / Hutu thing in Rwanda. No-one intervened. Or Idi Amin's insane brutalization of post colonial Uganda. Or  Mugabe today. Holding on to power by terrorizing the populace with his Army.

And in Africa, even the climate is enlisted to brutalize the people. The famines, enabled by western aid, ensure a desperately hungry refugee population, who are broken and brutalized, sacrificed to this dark Corn Mother, who withholds her bounty, and watches as people feed her dusty deserts with the blood of their children. Aids, rages across the continent, infecting more readily than anywhere else, a population with no spiritual immune system, no anti Aids drugs, no clean fucking water even! This is where that damage takes them.
Like an abused child, who unknowingly carries the resonance of his abuse ready to visit upon the next generation, ticking like a time bomb in his psyche, Africa sits there. it's size so intimidatingly huge that we scale it down in all our Maps. The Dark Continent. Devils, and superstition ruling people.
We shiver still, not just in fear, but with shame, for our exploitation of her resources. Fearing some new Mau-Mau type rising of all Africa, we keep her suppressed by our Economic Policies. We keep her woefully behind us in all technologies. Her guns are our cast offs. Her diseases and plagues, we withhold the cures from them, while generation after generation die, in Plagues, Famines, and Wars, all instigated and funded by our combined foreign policies. To them, this is magic. . . . . . We are raping them, with Multinationals, Aid Programs, and crippling, never ending debt.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Ritual makes more sense, at least in the context that the clip puts it. You get it in other languages too. Irish has a word that can translate as curse, superstition, or some sort of amulet. It could be that rituals there (in Congo) usually use some sort of potion involved, so the word for one can also mean the other.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 21, 2011, 12:30:35 AM

Ritual makes more sense, at least in the context that the clip puts it. You get it in other languages too. Irish has a word that can translate as curse, superstition, or some sort of amulet. It could be that rituals there (in Congo) usually use some sort of potion involved, so the word for one can also mean the other.
I had a Kenyan biology teacher in high school, and the topic of African beliefs about magic came up (I do not at all recall how this came up in bio), and in conversations he used the word "witchcraft" for basically all variations of stuff you do with magic (I specifically remember him saying to cast a witchcraft on something rather than a spell or ritual or whatever), which I think was due to the same sort of translation issue with a word that is more broad in meaning than its closest English equivalent.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Vartox on April 21, 2011, 12:36:37 AM
"Potion", btw, may be a  mistranslation of "ritual".

I had a Kenyan biology teacher in high school, and the topic of African beliefs about magic came up (I do not at all recall how this came up in bio), and in conversations he used the word "witchcraft" for basically all variations of stuff you do with magic (I specifically remember him saying to cast a witchcraft on something rather than a spell or ritual or whatever), which I think was due to the same sort of translation issue with a word that is more broad in meaning than its closest English equivalent.

Even the English word witchcraft is kinda vague these days. Is it interchangeable with the word for magic? Is it a specific method of magic? Are there supposed to be any religious overtones to it? Or is it just some spooky relic from Europe's past?

ETA: of thread is drifting, willing to stop with this statement.

BadBeast

Maybe the Congolese definition for "Rape" has been similarly misinterpreted, and simply means any kind of fornication.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on April 21, 2011, 03:33:10 AM

Maybe the Congolese definition for "Rape" has been similarly misinterpreted, and simply means any kind of fornication.

cringe....

E.O.T.

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 20, 2011, 04:01:07 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on April 20, 2011, 08:40:26 AM
http://www.moxdiamond.com/Magic-The-Gathering/Deck/1919/total-white-black-rape.html

i have no idea what is going on in this game, but several variations on rape come up.

It's a collectible card game called "Magic". "White" and "Black" are two of the five colours or suits used in the game. It has nothing to do with actual rape.

It does, however, also indicate you were googling for terms like white+black+rape+magic ...

Does skin colour factor in it for you as well?

I GOOGLED

rape magic
"a good fight justifies any cause"

E.O.T.

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 20, 2011, 09:11:27 AM
I'm trying to source this online and having no luck, most likely the good stuff is in Serbo-Croatian.  My source was a Bosnian refugee so the information he gave me was probably biased and possibly inaccurate but he said that the rape of women by invading Serbs was not just for sexual gratification or demoralization.  According to him when he talked to the women who had been raped they said the Serbs talked about planting the seed of great Serbia and that it was treated very much as a necessary act.  The levels of nested metaphor here (planting a seed, impregnating, spreading a country) look very much like the western magical tradition.

I AM MORE

inclined to think that falls under conquest rather than magic

E.O.T.

Quote from: BadBeast on April 20, 2011, 09:13:18 AM
Quote from: E.O.T. on April 20, 2011, 08:58:38 AM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 20, 2011, 08:50:38 AM
I agree with Badbeast, raping the vanquished is purely monkey behaviour. The leaders of any ill-disciplined conscript force know it's going to happen whether they want it to or not so they have two choices - court martial half their army or tart it up with some symbolic bullshit and condone it.

I THINK WE

all agree with that point (?) - however, the focus i'm drawing attention to is that rape itself is a magical practice not a result of warfare.
So what about singular, non warfare type rape? If the rape itself is a magical act, what is the (supposed) result of the magic?

I'M NOT CERTAIN

why you'd direct that question to me (?) - i'm not here promoting rape magic, on the contrary i (more or less) started this thread with the question - what the hell is rape magic?

HOWEVER

an individual may be one thing, like say (generically) some metal head "satanist" committing such an act. what intrigued me about the interview statements is the appearance of a belief system of rape magic, held by a group of individuals, or a collective thought.