Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

LMNO

Pæs

I want that in my face.

LMNO

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

One of the best compliments to get!

Thanks!

East Coast Hustle

I do love me some Crying Tiger!

Looks pretty spot-on, dude! And that's basically the same dressing for pawpaw salad (add 3 metric fucktons of chilis) in case you're ever hankering for some of that.

I think I'm going to take home a hanger steak tonight and use that for some Crying Tiger of my own. Fuck yeah.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Awesome! 

I'm gearing up to make some stewed duck and noodle soup (Kuaytiaw Pet Tuun), but it's looking like a straight up bitch to source some of the ingredients.

East Coast Hustle

I could seriously eat just about anything that's got that lime/fish sauce/dried shrimp/chili/lemongrass thing going on.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

And when you can adjust the seasonings yourself...

That's one of the things I'm finding: American Thai food is just too... American.  They dumb it down too much.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 28, 2014, 09:42:54 PM

That's one of the things I'm finding: American Thai food is just too... American.  They dumb it down too much.

This is why living in a refugee relocation city is kind of awesome.  We get the real thing.  And then your face melts like that Nazi dude in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 09:44:37 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 28, 2014, 09:42:54 PM

This is why living in a refugee relocation city is kind of awesome.  We get the real thing.  And then your face melts like that Nazi dude in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I love good Thai. So many flavor.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I agree. Once you get a taste for those flavors you get annoyed when people try to bury them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Portland has a bemusing proliferation of Thai restaurants, and I'm not really sure why.