News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on October 17, 2012, 10:38:28 PM
Been having a scare for the past several days. Huge blood sugar spikes after eating, partnered with thirst and increased urination, along with other things. I tried to get a blood test done this morning, but due to my major needle phobia I couldn't do it. Trying again tomorrow, telling the nurse I need help getting through that. I have to get this checked out. These are the same symptoms my father had at this age, when he contracted type 1 diabetes. Yes, it can after childhood, and I am not in any way at risk for type 2. My parents were planning on coming down in another week, but due to this they've moved it forward and are going to get here this weekend. This is major scary shit for me, as I was telling Phox and my mom over the phone just a while ago and crying. This is like something out of my worst nightmares. I don't usually post these things on here, but I just feel like I need to say something because I'm so afraid of all of this.

In before "F*CK YOU, MY KAI DIED OF DIABETUS".

Kai, please get this sorted ASAP. Please please please don't put it off. Even if it means you need to be given a Xanax before you can get pricked. Type 1 diabetes is a pain in the ass, but it's controllable and you can live a perfectly normal healthy life with it. The horrible bad shit that happens with it is because people let it get out of control, especially pre-diagnosis. I am sure your ACTUAL MOTHER has already covered all of this and I should shut up but I can't help it.

Yeah, she's covered it. I want to get back to research, and won't really be able to until this is solved. So I'm on it.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On a different note, I am once again facing the question, "so, how am I gonna survive, again?". I applied for OHP (again) and it's time to renew my SNAP application, and in answering the questions on the form I realized that my current backup plan is that if my mortgage lender tries to foreclose on me I'll just string it out until I graduate. Seriously, that is a shitty backup plan. So, as long as I'm applying for OHP and SNAP and I have all my documentation in order I might as well also apply for a loan modification. If I get one it will make my life infinitely easier.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Here's to hoping, Nige.

Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 11:23:04 PM
Quote from: Sita on October 17, 2012, 11:09:42 PM
People actually do stuff for their birthday past the age of 21 (was gonna say 18, but then remembered drinking age)?

Helll yeah! I am a huge advocate of birthday parties. Even if it's just "Hey, it's my birthday, meet me at the bar" kind of parties. And I am WAY not above "Hey, it's my birthday and I'm having a party at my house, bring me booze and cake".
^^^That. We do it so we have two parties in my house.

Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 10:43:08 PM
I've got one for you, Garbo, but it runs in the opposite direction.

Kids these days are engaged and socially conscious. We were never like that! When I was that age my generation was chock-a-block with asswipes and hoodlums who only gave a shit about themselves. Bunch of worthless fucks. Every time I encounter a teenager who is polite, conversational, and concerned about social justice (which is the majority of kids I meet), I think to myself "Kids these days!" but it's got a whole different inflection. Kids these days are AWESOME. If we'd been like them, we would already have universal health care and a guaranteed minimum standard of living.

Could just be Portland, though.
The walker-waiving, kids-these-days! whiners are, I think, talking about mall rats. Something about teenagers in malls makes them kind of asshole-y. But outside the mall, my experiences with them are similar to yours.

Been having a scare for the past several days. Huge blood sugar spikes after eating, partnered with thirst and increased urination, along with other things. I tried to get a blood test done this morning, but due to my major needle phobia I couldn't do it. Trying again tomorrow, telling the nurse I need help getting through that. I have to get this checked out. These are the same symptoms my father had at this age, when he contracted type 1 diabetes. Yes, it can after childhood, and I am not in any way at risk for type 2. My parents were planning on coming down in another week, but due to this they've moved it forward and are going to get here this weekend. This is major scary shit for me, as I was telling Phox and my mom over the phone just a while ago and crying. This is like something out of my worst nightmares. I don't usually post these things on here, but I just feel like I need to say something because I'm so afraid of all of this.

D: D: D: D: D: Dude, I hope it's nothing.

Quote from: Cain on October 18, 2012, 12:03:35 AM
If that condition extends to the rest of Arizona, someone needs to write Springtime for Sheriff Joe.
:lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Hang in there kai.

Birthdays- yes. Im a fan of them. I played a gig on my thirtieth and i want to do one for my thirty-second.

Nigel- yeah i gotta schedule it. What would help more is if i had a buddy to hold me to it.

Leaving villagers now waiting for the bus. Then a train and a train.

Results due in two weeks.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also i didnt go back to work after i dropped her off but rather kept her company. Figured she needed it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 18, 2012, 12:03:35 AM
If that condition extends to the rest of Arizona, someone needs to write Springtime for Sheriff Joe.

It does, and someone should.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Shit, Kai, that's scary as fuck, and I don't blame you a bit.

(BOTH of my grandfathers were diabetic, it scares the fuck out of me, too.)

With a needle phobia, yeah, fuckfuckfuck.

Hang in there, do whatever it takes to get the tests done and find out for sure.

We'll be here if you need us. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Waffles... I am poor, and so is Payne, so London is out of the question (I cant afford to go to the UK Feminista Lobby Of Parliament on the 24th, which gives me a sad... I was going to take my mum to meet our MP and bend his ear together.) Sorry dude! if however you can make it to Southampton I have a camping bedroll with your name on it.

I have not been on much at all, I only really seem to check PeeDee on the bus internets atm, as I'm trying not to spend all my time online.

I'm going to group therapy, doing voluntary work, doing feminist activisty stuff when I can afford to get there, and I'm getting the hang of this whole crochet thing.. I realised how much I miss crafts, and how much of my ego/self-esteem is tied up with my ability to make stuff with my hands. I've got 6 granny squares for a blanket (only 82 more to go to make a decent sized one) and half a cowl done, and have ordered a whole bunch of more chunky yarn to make more cowl-type things as Xmas gifts for the women in my family. I will post pics of completed projects when I have completed them.) Not bad for someone who only started 11 days ago. it's doing more for my mental health than the therapy is, I'm pretty sure. Also i like how yarn based crafts and going to knitting socials is something that brings me into contact with older ladies.  I've left the house more regularly on a week-to week basis in the last 3 weeks than i have since I went crazy in 2010.

The stress about the festering unhygenic horribleness that is the kitchen here has basically meant that I've not been feeding myself properly, or doing a grocery shop, because if I don't want to cook then there's no real point in getting food in.  This has lead to ordering in junk food and my being too broke to do the things that I wanted, also I seem to have lost weight.

The home situation here is pissing me off, which is nothing new really. The biggest bugbear atm is that we told Stroppy Ginger housemate that he was gone come 1st of December, but he seems to be under the impression that he's getting a job and then going. Seeing as he's constantly fucking high there doesn't seem to be a job materialising on the horizon at all, and although it's hard to find a place without a job, I managed it when I applied myself to it, and also got more interviews in a month than Stroppy Ginger has managed in 8 months in the same period. Asshole made his bed in May with the yelling all up in my face and not apologising to me despite telling Payne that he felt bad about it and out of line, so motherfucker can fucking lie in it for all I care, because either he was lying to Payne, which is a dick move, or he's being disrespectful to me, which is Shit Which Shall Not Fly. That and he badmouthed a couple of my dead friends a couple of months ago, which was pretty fucking repellent.  Empathy, it seems, is a quality he doesn't possess.

Some good news (for me anyway)! I've been asked by one of the biggest feminist blogs in the UK to write an 800 word article. :D They do a feature occasionally called Song Of The Day, which focuses on music that has either a feminist outlook or concerns, and they liked my song choice, got back to me and now I have a decent outline of the kind of thing I would like to say about the track and artist in particular.  I chose Better Man by Pearl Jam, which is about the dynamics of abusive relationships and domestic violence, and I am stoked to be able to combine my 18 year Pearl Jam fandom with feminism in writing. I shall be posting it here when it's published, although as I will be talking about my parent's relationship before their divorce I'm not sure if I should post under my really real name or just Pixie. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Dad isn't very internets savvy, so that's not really a worry. I'm leaning towards thoughts of if I try to get work with a refuge organisation or similar, that it would look good, but I feel more comfortable writing as Pixie on the intarwebs, always have done..

KAI! hope its not the beetus. Good luck with that shit, dude.

Freeky

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 18, 2012, 12:01:39 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 18, 2012, 12:00:47 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 17, 2012, 11:58:42 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 10:55:47 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 17, 2012, 07:35:57 PM
Quote from: V3X on October 17, 2012, 07:34:12 PM
Nothing that I'm aware of yet.

Now you are.  My birthday party is scheduled for that Saturday, and you need to get down here for it.  There will be booze.  There will be freaks.  There will be a declaration of martial law.

:aaa: If there is any time that I wish to fuck that Tucson was within a day's drive, this is it.

PLEASE COME TO TUCSON IN THE SPRINGTIME

:aaa:

We only have two seasons.

We just started spring.  Summer starts in March.

February.

Aucoq

Oh man, Kai... I can only imagine what you're going through.  All of my family members on both sides have diabetes so that's the one thing I'm constantly worried I'm going to end up with.  I hope they get the tests done for you ASAP, and it's something else.  Good luck! :(
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

LHX

yo hold it down homie -

keep that positive energy flowing -
neat hell

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pixie, I am excited at the prospect of you moving forward with your feminist writing... you have a gift with words, and a passion for equality, and it seems like that is a combination that has enormous potential to make change and influence a lot of people.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Man Green on October 18, 2012, 06:47:58 AM
Pixie, I am excited at the prospect of you moving forward with your feminist writing... you have a gift with words, and a passion for equality, and it seems like that is a combination that has enormous potential to make change and influence a lot of people.

aww, thank you Nigel. I'm not good with fiction, but I always wanted to be a journalist and music critic as a teenager. That you think I have a gift with words is making my head swell a little, I just thought I was fucking opinionated... :noodledance:

Doing just 800 words is going to be tricky. though. In the Reddit and Rape Culture thread I got to over 1000 in the one post, without breaking sweat. I should probably mine that thread for my Best Bits.

Cain

Pixie, I suggest if you want to continue writing for them or any other online blog/zine, it is easier to do so under your own name.

I blogged anonymously, but that was because I pissed people off.  Using your own name adds credibility to what you say and makes your comments harder to dismiss.