News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

On the plus side, it seems Roger was completely right.

This is a plus only in the technical sense. In every other sense it's a clear loss.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on September 25, 2014, 05:40:10 AM
I'm still alive. Just as a heads up.

It's possible that I'm going to be mostly gone for the next month. School. Hope all is well.

yo

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Broke the wives group again.

"You should just go to a natural doctor for your thyroid! I swear they fixed my sister!"

"So....are you saying that getting the actual pig hormone versus the synthetic is better?"

"PIG HORMONE?! I said natural, not hurting animals!"

Apparently people don't know how natural medicine actually works.  :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Is that like a staunch vegetarian who enjoys BLTs?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cain

Somewhere under profile options, I belive.  Oh, and RWHN was back.  Again.  It's really quite pathetic now.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Ohhhhh. I figured out who it is now.

Spoilers should be bannable. Throwing that out there for consideration.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 25, 2014, 02:37:03 PM
Somewhere under profile options, I belive.  Oh, and RWHN was back.  Again.  It's really quite pathetic now.

Who was he this time?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's possible that I'm going to be mostly gone for the next month. School. Hope all is well.

Greetings Twid! Glad to hear that the living is still happening!

Has your term started yet? Mine starts on Monday and I'm sceert. Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew this term. Also hoping my boyfriend puts up with not seeing me more than once a week for the next three months, poor thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 25, 2014, 11:58:54 AM

yo

Howdy!

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 25, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
Excellent timing that Twid.

How's that?

Quote from: Your Mom on September 25, 2014, 03:12:15 PM

Greetings Twid! Glad to hear that the living is still happening!

Has your term started yet? Mine starts on Monday and I'm sceert. Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew this term. Also hoping my boyfriend puts up with not seeing me more than once a week for the next three months, poor thing.

Yeah, had two tests this week. I'm playing hookey today. Well, not exactly, I'm still going to work, just not Cell Bio. Pretty sure I did poorly on the physics test. Our professor is an odd guy who told us straight out that some of the problems on every test are basically there to stress us out, but they're nonsense. So he's trolling us, we just don't know when. I suppose we're supposed to know.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 25, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

While it is the most shitbag thing to do, I'd be and even bigger shitbag after arguing that someone shouldn't be banned for posting idiotic racist comments if I advocated banning people for spoilers.

I do think spoilers should be deleted though, but that is censorship.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Faust on September 25, 2014, 03:30:04 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 25, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

While it is the most shitbag thing to do, I'd be and even bigger shitbag after arguing that someone shouldn't be banned for posting idiotic racist comments if I advocated banning people for spoilers.

I do think spoilers should be deleted though, but that is censorship.

I was being half tongue-in-cheek. Spoilers should be tar-and-featherable. We're far too lax on such things.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2014, 02:57:39 PM

Who was he this time?

"sacredchao".  In the Duh Rugs thread, of course.  Because it's not like he's a one-trick pony or fanatically obsessed with the subject or anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 25, 2014, 05:27:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2014, 02:57:39 PM

Who was he this time?

"sacredchao".  In the Duh Rugs thread, of course.  Because it's not like he's a one-trick pony or fanatically obsessed with the subject or anything.

Oh.  LOL.  Heading down there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.