News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

That's the best bit.  It's so bizzarely and nakedly partisan it makes no sense even from within a conservative rhetorical frame (except maybe the one Grover Norquist has been pushing re: Islam).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

While academically this term is a cakewalk, it just got emotionally a little trying because I just found out that someone I love and with whom I have a complicated relationship is dealing with serious health issues. I'm a little emotionally fucked up at the moment. In the meantime I'm supposed to be teaching people and applying to research labs and getting my shit together for Borneo and writing essays for my Peru application and feeding my children. I have a presentation on ADHD and temporal lobe epilepsy next week that I should be researching for RIGHT NOW.

Fuck it all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ooohhhhh, shit.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend/more's troubles.  That can really fuck up a person's head.  Here's hoping they get get best possible outcome. 

No unsolicited advice forthcoming.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 28, 2015, 08:52:01 PM
While academically this term is a cakewalk, it just got emotionally a little trying because I just found out that someone I love and with whom I have a complicated relationship is dealing with serious health issues. I'm a little emotionally fucked up at the moment. In the meantime I'm supposed to be teaching people and applying to research labs and getting my shit together for Borneo and writing essays for my Peru application and feeding my children. I have a presentation on ADHD and temporal lobe epilepsy next week that I should be researching for RIGHT NOW.

Fuck it all.

I hope it's nothing too serious.   :sad:  I like that guy.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's not the old man, thank god, it's someone I dated a long, long time ago. The sexual part of our relationship has long since ended, but we have remained close friends, if kind of in an on again off again way.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's kind of making me want to call all the people I have ever loved, and make peace with them, if need be.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 28, 2015, 09:30:36 PM
It's not the old man, thank god, it's someone I dated a long, long time ago. The sexual part of our relationship has long since ended, but we have remained close friends, if kind of in an on again off again way.

While not intending to slight the other guy, thank baby Jebus.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 28, 2015, 09:32:43 PM

Yeah, I would definitely not be taking this well if it was the old man. Luckily, though, he is healthy as a horse, still going on absurd 60-mile bike rides and giving blood every six weeks or however frequently they'll take it.

He has been growing his hair, and as a consequence has developed a more than passing resemblance to Beethoven. :lol:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 28, 2015, 09:41:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 28, 2015, 09:32:43 PM

Yeah, I would definitely not be taking this well if it was the old man. Luckily, though, he is healthy as a horse, still going on absurd 60-mile bike rides and giving blood every six weeks or however frequently they'll take it.

He has been growing his hair, and as a consequence has developed a more than passing resemblance to Beethoven. :lol:

:lulz:

This I need to see.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, check this shit out:

If Beethoven had been balding on top, this would be the spitting image. Especially when the old man has his cranky face on.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I will try to get him to pose for a picture, cranky face and all.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 26, 2015, 11:53:42 PM
Quote from: Hello Waffles on January 26, 2015, 10:43:42 PM
I did a live music ("music") thing this weekend. One of the gigs were recorded. https://mariushuseby.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-bl-grotte-fredrikstad

That sounds like a steam jet mill malfunctioning.

Well done.

Sounds like a saw with a dull blade trying to cut shit. Also maybe some gunshots.

Ben Shapiro

I fucked my wife before heading out to work this morning with just my steel toe boots,digital watch, and the cat in the room. FUCK WITH ME!

LMNO