News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Your Mom on October 17, 2014, 04:14:13 AM
I am mildly hopeful that I will get to a point where I can cruise around just wrecking the shit out of everything.

I wish that at higher levels you could go neutral and just become a force of destruction, wiping out all portals.

If that were the case, I would have motivation to level beyond 4.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Woo!

These Level 8 bursters are awesome.  I just took out a portal 125m away.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 24, 2014, 05:57:09 PM
Woo!

Niiiiice. Looks like I'm picking up the game again.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 24, 2014, 05:57:09 PM
Woo!

This is giving me incentive to get outside with the rest of the afternoon and see if I can make it to 1.1m AP today.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

It occurred to me that you get more AP by building than destroying. Links and Fields give you much more than smashing resonators. That's probably on purpose.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 25, 2014, 12:09:54 AM
It occurred to me that you get more AP by building than destroying. Links and Fields give you much more than smashing resonators. That's probably on purpose.

Hm

Yes and no: I can rack up a stunning amount of AP in a short time by walking into a dense net of blue portals and just blasting at them for ten minutes, while setting up a field, especially a sizable one, can take half an hour or more of back-and-forth capturing keys.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ingress in NOLA is great. That is all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

On Halloween, I found myself in the midst of a majory action.  How major?

All of NOLA was covered.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We never seem to get the big events in Portland, its kind of disappointing.

Chelagoras The Boulder

started playing on Tuesday, got to level three. The nearest portals to my house are green, not a lot of blue to harass unless i wanna take a longer walk.
My first job is Smurf city, dominated by level 8s. I can hammer away on a number of them without leaving my office, but it seems futile without doing some serious leveling.
My second job is better, i have four portals within two blocks of the school i work at, so i take a stroll before and after work to see how they doing and farm them for supplies. Today though this guys named galaxystars flipped two of my four portals while i was watching one of the Ingress videos. I suspect the reason he didnt flip the other two was that he strolled right past me while i was watching the vid between the two remaining portals and decided not to start some shit at night in the middle of downtown long beach. Or he was just a random person who walked past me staring intently at his phone while a lady rattles off what sounds like conspiracy theory. Hopefully I see him again and gain a frenemy
Happy to see that CSULB is a thriving battlefield, mostly green, but surrounded my pockets of blue(they control the blue pyramid, aprropriately) trying to get my friends who still go there to start fighting the good fight.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

Level four is where it gets interesting.  Keep hammering away at those resonators, you get AP for that, as well as hacking blue portals.  But you knew that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have the points to level up to 9 but not the badges... I need two more silver badges to level up. The closest I am to silver, in a way that seems attainable, is Liberator (475 of 1000), Recharger (686,330 of 1,000,000), Explorer (599 of 1000), and Connector (698 of 1000). I think that my best bet is to focus on recharging, hacking new portals (which means finding new territories to play in) and making links, because it's relatively unlikely that I'll be able to claim 525 blue portals in the next week. Possible, but unlikely. Making 302 links in the next week also seems like a tall order, but if I pair it with hacking new portals it might be doable.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 05, 2014, 08:27:02 PM
We never seem to get the big events in Portland, its kind of disappointing.

Are you on the Google+ page? I've seen a few big projects go down. They're kind of rare because they take tons of planning. But they're spectacular when they do.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 07, 2014, 03:31:39 PM
I have the points to level up to 9 but not the badges... I need two more silver badges to level up. The closest I am to silver, in a way that seems attainable, is Liberator (475 of 1000), Recharger (686,330 of 1,000,000), Explorer (599 of 1000), and Connector (698 of 1000). I think that my best bet is to focus on recharging, hacking new portals (which means finding new territories to play in) and making links, because it's relatively unlikely that I'll be able to claim 525 blue portals in the next week. Possible, but unlikely. Making 302 links in the next week also seems like a tall order, but if I pair it with hacking new portals it might be doable.

Fort Vancouver right over by my work turns over pretty often and there's tons of portals in a small walkable area.