News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Memorandum #3 - Power from Containment

Started by Penumbral, August 27, 2003, 04:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

Ok guy, I really do what your input, and I want to hear your Ideas about what I am talking about as well. So having said that reply and here we go!
Power from Containment
If society forces ideas upon people, and takes away diversity what are we left with? All we would have is the scraps of people's ideas. No more then boxes of empty names and empty words. will society rather us be ignorant because if we are ignorant we will not want to change and if we are educated we will need change will be desperate for diversity we will be  dangerous because change is terrifying for those who are in power. When they loose power the rules they pressed upon us will be stripped gone and a new diverse complicated setting will take its place. That is change. BUT without change power will not shift, and the change will continue to be harder to accomplish. In past history change was more and more optional and always more dramatic, but now the world is being rigged to keep a cap on everything! The momentum you gain from a little change will show others what can be done and there will only continue to be a gain in change as it was in the past. If we don't right now personally work on change then this whole world will explode and there will soon be nothing left that was.
-'History dose not repeat itself, but it does rhyme'-

Trollax

This is the song that is partly responsible for my illumination and It was a similar revelation to what you are talking about penumbral that gave it to me...
Quote from: The GooGoo Dolls

Name

And even though the moment passed me by
I still can't turn away
Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
Got tossed along the way
And letters that you never meant to send
Get lost or thrown away

And now we're grown up orphans
That never knew their names
We don't belong to no one
That's a shame
But if you could hide beside me
Maybe for a while
And I won't tell no one your name

And I won't tell em your name

Scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far
Did you lose yourself somewhere out there
Did you get to be a star
And don't it make you sad to know that life
Is more than who we are

You grew up way too fast
And now there's nothing to believe
And reruns all become our history
A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
And I won't tell no one your name

I think about you all the time
But I don't need the same
It's lonely where you are come back down

Names are power, boxes take away our perceptions and refine them down into practical and useless phenomena... When we say desk we think of something for sitting down at and writing or typing on etc. What about a bench? same form different context. What about a bed? same for different context again, names are misrepresentations of form into the useless and practical.

Since when was life ever practical... that's why we're afraid of change, the future is that which cannot be named.

~Taotful Trollax~

seanfish

Quote from: PenumbralOk guy, I really do what your input, and I want to hear your Ideas about what I am talking about as well. So having said that reply and here we go!
Power from Containment
If society forces ideas upon people, and takes away diversity what are we left with? All we would have is the scraps of people's ideas. No more then boxes of empty names and empty words. will society rather us be ignorant because if we are ignorant we will not want to change and if we are educated we will need change will be desperate for diversity we will be  dangerous because change is terrifying for those who are in power. When they loose power the rules they pressed upon us will be stripped gone and a new diverse complicated setting will take its place. That is change. BUT without change power will not shift, and the change will continue to be harder to accomplish. In past history change was more and more optional and always more dramatic, but now the world is being rigged to keep a cap on everything! The momentum you gain from a little change will show others what can be done and there will only continue to be a gain in change as it was in the past. If we don't right now personally work on change then this whole world will explode and there will soon be nothing left that was.
-'History dose not repeat itself, but it does rhyme'-

Speaking from the ripe old age of 33... it ain't that dramatic. The whole show has been rigged to fuck by those in charge from day one, they just have new dog and pony shows to keep it going. "Plus ca change, plus ca rest la meme chose."

Hmmm... is being a conspiracy theorist necessary to being a discordian? While I find conspiracies entertaining, and have no doubt that a heck of a lot of conspiring has gone on, the truth is that conspiracy is not needed for power to coagulate unto itself for the subjection of all. "All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing".

And most do indeed do nothing! Ah well.

As to society: don't worry about it. It certainly doesn't worry about you, me or any other individual in it. "There is no society, there are only individuals" - Margaret Thatcher.
Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be
I'm askin you baby, to get it on with me
I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna push
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin round the bush...

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on

-- Marvin Gaye

Slarti

Quote from: St. TrollaxThis is the song that is partly responsible for my illumination and It was a similar revelation to what you are talking about penumbral that gave it to me...

~Taotful Trollax~

The Goo Goo Dolls write awesomely illuminating songs.

and good stuff Penumbral, but i agree with seanfish that it may be a tad overdramatic.

Penumbral

Well it really wouldent work if it wasent dramatic. Thanks for the imput. I never rally thought this abou being about consperisy. I just want to get my ideas out on paper then force them aponother people: )

Lister

QuoteHmmm... is being a conspiracy theorist necessary to being a discordian? While I find conspiracies entertaining, and have no doubt that a heck of a lot of conspiring has gone on, the truth is that conspiracy is not needed for power to coagulate unto itself for the subjection of all. "All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing".

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I am a discordian...
I hope that answers your primary question... (even if it was a rethoric one)

But yes (in reply to pen's post), more and more rules keep appearing, but...
The world HAS become bigger and more diverse than it was a few hundred years ago...
Plus eventually the "leaders" will drown in their own rules...  I know from experience that in the corporate life, the higher your responsibility (and salary), the more clueless you are.  It worked in the 80's, it got global (global politics is about the same as global corporation management...  Literally...), but it won't work forever...
Eventually most of the rules will backfire into chaos, ending and renewing the cycle.
As was foretold by the prophecy.
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land

SMFabal

Well, I don't believe in conspiracy theories simply because my own experience is that anything that big would colapse unser the weight of it's own paranoia.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Trollax

I disagree with Thatcher, mainly because from my experience people are domesticated to forever remain in a protocol loop of adolescent behaviour and mentally dessicated to prevent their own ideas from developing. Yet you take them out of society they cease to be social, humans are only predictable in large numbers and only because of the feedback loop... And yes I now have more of a clue as to what it is... :twisted:

We are a complex group of results and inferences based mainly on our primary drives, the four F's: Fight, Flight, Food, and F***. you retool the human mind to accept a broader or differnt notion/rationalisation of these things, you get illumination, and that cannot be undone, it's a mental rewiring of the human psyche...

~Renovated Trollax~

seanfish

Quote from: St. TrollaxI disagree with Thatcher, mainly because from my experience people are domesticated to forever remain in a protocol loop of adolescent behaviour and mentally dessicated to prevent their own ideas from developing. Yet you take them out of society they cease to be social, humans are only predictable in large numbers and only because of the feedback loop... And yes I now have more of a clue as to what it is... :twisted:

We are a complex group of results and inferences based mainly on our primary drives, the four F's: Fight, Flight, Food, and F***. you retool the human mind to accept a broader or differnt notion/rationalisation of these things, you get illumination, and that cannot be undone, it's a mental rewiring of the human psyche...

~Renovated Trollax~

I sure as hell disagree with Thatcher, for those reasons and more - the quote was placed ironically.  :twisted:
Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be
I'm askin you baby, to get it on with me
I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna push
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin round the bush...

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on

-- Marvin Gaye