News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

James Joyce was a talentless hack.

Started by Ghost In The Machine, May 03, 2005, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost In The Machine

nurbldoff

Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: nurbldoffAt what?

At writing.  His work is utter rot.  Worse than the end of RAW's Schrodinger's cat trilogy.

hooplala

Wow, you just get better and better . . . what's your idea of some fascinating reading The DaVinci Code?  Harry Potter? The Nanny Diaries?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: Christ Raw V, KSCWow, you just get better and better . . . what's your idea of some fascinating reading The DaVinci Code?  Harry Potter? The Nanny Diaries?

I'm sorry I offended your sense of dogmatism, boy.

hooplala

Do you need a definition of Dogma?  I would be more than happy to suply you with one.  Even a few, if you ask nicely.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

...Actually, even though I don't agree with GitMo, I like the sentiment.  So here goes:

The Great Gatsby was as boring as watching ice melt!

Ghost In The Machine

Quote from: LMNO...Actually, even though I don't agree with GitMo, I like the sentiment.  So here goes:

The Great Gatsby was as boring as watching ice melt!

True.  Great English language usage, TERRIBLE story.

Kind of like Shakespear's less-inspired work (A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, etc).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Christ Raw V, KSCWow, you just get better and better . . . what's your idea of some fascinating reading The DaVinci Code?  Harry Potter? The Nanny Diaries?

Careful, shitneck.  This is PD...no one can hear you scream.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

maybe this wouldn't be a good time to mention that Christ Raw V is under suspicion of being Trollaxe?

oops.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kungmaybe this wouldn't be a good time to mention that Christ Raw V is under suspicion of being Trollaxe?

oops.

8)

Looks more like Daven, to me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: indelible magic markerare either in toronto ontario?

If not, they should be.

Horab Fibslager

unless one is a foreigner(or american), idunno why anyone would want to eb there.

aside from vancouver it's the probaly the worst city in thsi place.

don valley parkway is ncie for adrive tho,as logn as you take the name literally.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: indelible magic markerunless one is a foreigner(or american), idunno why anyone would want to eb there.

aside from vancouver it's the probaly the worst city in thsi place.

don valley parkway is ncie for adrive tho,as logn as you take the name literally.

Hamilton, Ontario is worse.

Trust me on this one.