News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Telarus on December 12, 2009, 08:36:12 PM
CAit is up for the next 2 hours, and then I have a 5 hour set lined up, 5th Circuit Eclectia, trip03

Awesome. I'll tune in.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

I now have the capability to make proper MP3 files, Cram.  If you want some brain damage for your next show, let me know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

oh hell yeah. pass me some mp3s and I'll play them next time I'm on.

This goes for anybody!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 12, 2009, 10:31:19 PM
oh hell yeah. pass me some mp3s and I'll play them next time I'm on.

This goes for anybody!

Right.  Give me the week to throw some shit together, and I'll set up you the bomb.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Ratssinis

Any new movement here? I wouldn't mind running some music or Eris-knows-what.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratssinis on January 18, 2010, 06:12:27 PM
Any new movement here? I wouldn't mind running some music or Eris-knows-what.

Good luck.  Enki signs up for all the good slots 6 months in advance, and then plays "French Experimental Music" for 12 hours at a stretch.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I have one scheduled two-hour slot, and no problem with playing when there's dead air. There's a difference.

Rat, request a slot and I'll respect it. Or, don't and just play shit whenever there's dead air. Seems to be the done thing.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Ratssinis

Cool, I think, since my own schedule is pretty erratic right now Ill just bump on whenever there's dead air and i have little else to do.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

It's basically all dead air. I think I'm the only person who automated a show.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 20, 2010, 05:22:00 PM

There may be a connection there.

Cramulus

how'd you automate your show, enki?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 05:23:04 PM

There is. When shows aren't automated, if people can't be arsed to broadcast on their allocated timeslot, nothing gets broadcast. It's easy enough to write a script to broadcast a show at a given time for a given amount of time -- and when you do, your show broadcasts during the appropriate timeslot even if you're asleep or dead. I strongly recommend it for anyone getting a timeslot, since it avoids the whole problem of determining whether someone is late on their show or merely not bothering.

Cram, I wrote a script that runs shoutcast's little broadcasting app in the background, waits two hours, and then kills it. It's a little more complex now, because it also posts an announcement to twitter and refreshes the playlist, but that's basically the brunt of the script. Then, I set a cronjob that runs said script every Tuesday at noon EST. The script can be made available if anyone is interested.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 20, 2010, 05:32:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 05:23:04 PM

There is. When shows aren't automated, if people can't be arsed to broadcast on their allocated timeslot, nothing gets broadcast. It's easy enough to write a script to broadcast a show at a given time for a given amount of time -- and when you do, your show broadcasts during the appropriate timeslot even if you're asleep or dead. I strongly recommend it for anyone getting a timeslot, since it avoids the whole problem of determining whether someone is late on their show or merely not bothering.

Automating shows would give the whole thing a chance to work, I think.  I have tuned in 5 times.  The first time, it was that awful rubbish from France you were playing, and for which I have only BEGUN to take the piss. 

The other 4 times it was dead air.  Nada.  Nothing.

So I stopped going.

Richter

A decent auntomated selection is what keeps me tuned into the hometown's college radio.  Their recent batch of PSA's and quality degredation has made me give them up for a spell though. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat