News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

OK, cockwaffles, this is seriously the last straw.

Started by East Coast Hustle, August 08, 2010, 02:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

What the shitting asspolyps is up with the new retarded postcounts? Is this some blisshippie bullshit that we enacted to try to make this board more egalitarian?

And why the fuck would we WANT this place to be more egalitarian? This is fucking PD, you have to EARN the right to not have your ideas chopped into dogshit carpaccio for opening your noob mouth. It's bad enough we invited a bunch of pagan cunts over here without beating every last trace of paganinity out of them on the way in the door, now this?

what the fuck is this forum trying to turn into?

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 08, 2010, 02:34:40 AM
What the shitting asspolyps is up with the new retarded postcounts? Is this some blisshippie bullshit that we enacted to try to make this board more egalitarian?

And why the fuck would we WANT this place to be more egalitarian? This is fucking PD, you have to EARN the right to not have your ideas chopped into dogshit carpaccio for opening your noob mouth. It's bad enough we invited a bunch of pagan cunts over here without beating every last trace of paganinity out of them on the way in the door, now this?

Big words from a guy with a -22.35 km¹ postcount.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Maybe the idea is to have people evaluating posts judged by the merit of the actual post rather than some numerical status?

Like, when someone comes in here and gripes about the lack of convention. Doesn't go so well.

I'm evaluating the shit out of your post.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Quote from: Risus on August 08, 2010, 02:43:49 AM

Big words from a guy with a -22.35 km¹ postcount.

Good strike, ol' chap. :lulz:

NotPublished

I didn't think there was a reason behind it but randomness; I prefer it over numbers ... it's not soo bad is it?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Elder Iptuous

postcount is the only fucking clue i get when someone goes and changes their goddamned handle every fortnight!
I'm with ECH...... this shit's

Telarus

Post counts are still on profile pages, but the section in the individual posts because TripleZero accidentally the whole thing on purpose.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

NotPublished

the handle changing thing does get really confusing though :lol:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Rumckle

Quote from: Iptuous on August 08, 2010, 02:57:51 AM
postcount is the only fucking clue i get when someone goes and changes their goddamned handle every fortnight!
I'm with ECH...... this shit's

It does give you an excuse not give a fuck when someone changes their handle constantly.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Adios

PD is now a more friendly, fluffy place. Please wipe your fucking feet, bastard.

Jasper

I like it.  It gives me a chance to look at the idea being posted before I have a chance to judge based on post count.

If I know someone by reputation (assuming they bother to keep their screen name for an appreciable length), I'm more likely to read and think first.  That hasn't changed.

Triple Zero

:omg:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=25926.msg906026#msg906026

that's a thread in Meta-forum (where we usually discuss these sort of things), read it, and it will tell you that 1) we are just trying it out for a few weeks and 2) just about everybody seems to love it so far and 3) you can still view the postcounts if you click on the profile page.

edit: removed snark
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

This will pay for itself within a year, in the sheer amount of noobs we don't have to put up with whining about postcounts.  That'll save at least 20 seconds of spare time, which I can put towards more fruitful enterprises, like masturbation or sleep.