News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Back to ye olde ways

Started by NotPublished, August 08, 2010, 02:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

Ho shit, so recently I've been indulging in something I quit for a few years: Games.... its sorta like a fat kid going back to the sugar after dieting for so long.

But far out, is there anything worth getting into?

I bought Divinity II on x-box, apart from making me feel sick; it's fun turning into a Dragon and killing everything (when they let you -.-)

Though yeah, anyone have any recommendations?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Chairman Risus

I haven't been disappointed by anything Steam releases.

Particularly a fan of the Left 4 Dead series.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

When did zombies stop feasting on the living and go vegan? Do you play as Orville Redenbacher and save the corn from the undead?
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

NotPublished

:lol: Its the whole new age craze, actually I think someone should make a game based on all this new age bs, the aim is to revert everyone to their old ways.

I've only played that like once ages ago, it was hilarious fun; Hmm I guess I should get some multiplayer games incase people come over :P

NotPublished

Been hearing craze over Star craft II, is that even worth it ? I didn't really like the original

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: NotPublished on August 08, 2010, 03:17:24 AM
Been hearing craze over Star craft II, is that even worth it ? I didn't really like the original

It's the same thing as the original with better storytelling but a crappier story to tell.  The didn't deviate because (1) they didn't want to alienate the hardcore fans and (2) Blizzard is now owned by Activision and any drive they once had toward a quality product has been replaced by a drive to higher profit margin.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Juana

Assassin's Creed 2
Wet
Mirror's Edge
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Jasper

Lately I've been playing Disgaea and Megaman X8.  They're both really bad, but in a way that appeals to me.

I'd avoid them if I were someone with any real taste or discernment.

Rumckle

Currently I'm replaying through Saints Row 2, just because it is completely ridiculous and fun.

Also, Team Fortress 2 is pretty good, if you like multiplayer FPSs
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

President Television

Anything by Valve is good, they really care about the quality of their product.
If you're into RPGs, Fallout 3 is pretty good fun. It's bleak and depressing until you turn on the radio and go around shooting up radioactive mutants to jolly quasi-racist tunes from the 1950s.
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is another good RPG. It was released in 2004, so it has nothing to do with any of that Twilight garbage, though there is a bit of an influence from Anne Rice. All that goes out the window when you play as a Malkavian, though. Imagine if Deadpool was a vampire. That's pretty much what a Malkavian is. Also, if you get the heavy armor, you can run around  in a fluffy white fur coat and cat-in-the-hat hat beating people up with a severed arm.

I'm going to second Left 4 Dead. It really is a fun game. Left 4 Dead 2 is closer to an expansion pack than a sequel, so I don't know if you'd want to get it or not. I hear that it's much more of a complete game than the first, but I have L4D1 so if you get 2 you can't play with me :'(
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Suu

If you're computer can pull it, get Starcraft 2!

If it can't...well, kick it old school and get the original Starcraft.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

President Television

Get Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. You will become the biggest munchkin ever.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Aucoq

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 08, 2010, 05:08:47 AM
(2) Blizzard is now owned by Activision and any drive they once had toward a quality product has been replaced by a drive to higher profit margin.

Holy crap, I had no idea Blizzard was part of Activision now.  But it makes sense considering how shitty their newest products have been.  Now I'm even more afraid to see how Diablo III is going to turn out.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif