News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Back to ye olde ways

Started by NotPublished, August 08, 2010, 02:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Mass Effect.

The character customization alone is worth it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Aucoq on August 08, 2010, 09:07:55 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 08, 2010, 05:08:47 AM
(2) Blizzard is now owned by Activision and any drive they once had toward a quality product has been replaced by a drive to higher profit margin.

Holy crap, I had no idea Blizzard was part of Activision now.  But it makes sense considering how shitty their newest products have been.  Now I'm even more afraid to see how Diablo III is going to turn out.

World of Warcraft is unfathomably, crapstakingly successful.  And more than that even.  Their previous company policy of doing whatever they wanted to was for the goal of securing themselves as a reliable company that delivers a consistently unparalleled product - remember how many times the original StarCraft was delayed?  So what came out was some of the most lasting a replayable games (I could not tell you how many times I've gone through Diablo II).

Activision appears to have no such cares that I can tell.  StarCraft II was shipped with a bug that can overheat video cards by attempting to infinitely render in-game cuts.  Their old games were impressively bug-free, to the point where one could just assume buying one of their products meant absolutely no bullshit (kind've like Bungie before they got turned into a Halo sequel factory).  Thing is, it doesn't matter, because they have the name power behind it.  Their games are guaranteed best sellers at this point.  I'm pretty pissed about StarCraft II being delivered in 3 installments - one for each playable race - presumably at $60 a pop.  Just seems needless.

But yeah, considering it's following up one of my favorite games ever, I'm hesitant about Diablo III.  I'm one of the nerd fanboys upset about the graphics change.  I don't see why every game they put out now has to look like WarCraft III and WoW.  I also hope I don't have to buy a fucking $60 game for each act or, hey maybe even each fucking character class.   :lol:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Princess on August 08, 2010, 05:55:13 PM
If you're computer can pull it, get Starcraft 2!

If it can't...well, kick it old school and get the original Starcraft.

original SC decided to fubar my computer.

Aucoq

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 08, 2010, 09:29:06 PM
I also hope I don't have to buy a fucking $60 game for each act or, hey maybe even each fucking character class.   :lol:

The sad thing is you know they pitched that idea around as a serious option.  :lol:

And I hear you on the graphics.  That's exactly what I thought when I first saw them.  "Really?  This looks exactly like something out of Warcraft."  I don't know though.  I'm one of those guys who thought that the Diablo series should've ended with Lord of Destruction when Blizzard North went the way of the dodo.  (It is their series, after all, even if they don't own the rights to it.)  I'm not expecting a horrible game, per se, but I am expecting them to tear apart everything that made the original games so great as well as the lore.  And considering they're essentially building the foundation of Diablo III's lore off of that horrible Sin War book trilogy, I think my expectations are pretty realistic.  :lol:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Ob_Portu

Play Torment.

It's ancient. It's Awesome.

What more could you want?
I'm not crazy, I'm perturbed.

Rumckle

Quote from: Doktor Plague on August 08, 2010, 05:35:09 PM

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is another good RPG. It was released in 2004, so it has nothing to do with any of that Twilight garbage, though there is a bit of an influence from Anne Rice. All that goes out the window when you play as a Malkavian, though. Imagine if Deadpool was a vampire. That's pretty much what a Malkavian is. Also, if you get the heavy armor, you can run around  in a fluffy white fur coat and cat-in-the-hat hat beating people up with a severed arm.

This.

Though I tried installing it on my new(er) computer a few months back and it kept crashing.  :sad:

Also, PacMan
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

NotPublished

Far that vampire thing sounds cool.

I played mass effect, that one was pretty cool. I ended up having alien sex in the end I didn't even know what the hell was going on, I just pushed anything and they had sex.

:lol: I forgot about Diablo II, always wanted to try it out - I had the original Diablo like .. ages ago, but never got #2

I'm still hesitant on SC II ... prolly won't go for that

Tetris makes me feel queezy :P

I checked out that Torment thing (Planescape : Torment , right?) it sounds pretty cool and solid
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Ob_Portu

Yep. That's the one.
best game. ever.
I'm not crazy, I'm perturbed.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

President Television

Quote from: NotPublished on August 09, 2010, 04:53:20 AM
:lol: I forgot about Diablo II, always wanted to try it out - I had the original Diablo like .. ages ago, but never got #2

You'll want to get the expansion pack for that. Diablo 2 is incomplete without the expansion pack.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.