News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Fuck yeah, I sank Obama. I SANK OBAMA AND THE MEDIA AGREES!

Started by Cain, February 06, 2010, 09:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/02/obamas-modern-predicament/?ref=opinion

Obviously they only refer to me by lesser known nicknames "the internet" and "the left", but you know they're really rocked by my constant criticisms of the administration.

I'm also amused to note that random yahoos on the internet are now considered equal to Goldman Sachs and Lockheed Martin.  Yes, the internet has changed the information balance somewhat, and yes that does scare the shit out people like the NYT commentariat, but lets get real here.  When the next President appoints several illiterate Teabagger bloggers to essentially run the Treasury, then perhaps I'll admit the NYT isn't hyperventilating because zomg people on the internet = mob rule.

Jasper

I call concern trolling.  Mainly because I can't swallow the notion that he actually believes what he's writing.

Cain

He does run bloggingheads.tv, a site where vapid liberals and insane conservatives attempt to fit everything in the world into their duopoly.

Jasper

I am uncomfortable with the idea that people really believe internet rants are "precision political weaponry".  If people start believing it, it'll become true.

:scared:

Remington

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2010, 09:56:05 PM
When the next President appoints several illiterate Teabagger bloggers to essentially run the Treasury, then perhaps I'll admit the NYT isn't hyperventilating because zomg people on the internet = mob rule.
Should the next President be Palin, I have a feeling that this may be a very real possibility.
Is it plugged in?

Earthbound Spirit

Quote from: Remington on February 07, 2010, 04:38:53 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2010, 09:56:05 PM
When the next President appoints several illiterate Teabagger bloggers to essentially run the Treasury, then perhaps I'll admit the NYT isn't hyperventilating because zomg people on the internet = mob rule.
Should the next President be Palin, I have a feeling that this may be a very real possibility.

She won't be running in the next cycle, or she wouldn't have taken the job at Fox.

ETA: Imo
I hate everyone.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

No, no. That just means she has realized where the real power lies.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

Palin just sank the Tea Party.

http://feeds.salon.com/~r/salon/greenwald/~3/A7m0zX-m0ZQ/index.html

QuoteThe Nashville Post's A.C. Kleinheider, who covered the Tea Party convention for that paper, says Sarah Palin killed the tea party movement ("The tea party movement is dead. The one I was familiar with anyway. Judson Phillips held it down and Sarah Palin drove a stake right through its heart live last night on C-Span in front of an unsuspecting audience").  He also observes that "Sarah Palin didn't give a tea party speech last night. She gave a partisan Republican address"; he asks:  "what was [Palin] doing justifying and perpetuating the foreign policy of George Bush at a tea party convention?"; and says that what began as "an authentic protest movement" -- "of ragtag and unorganized libertarians, independents and conservatives [that] was something new and unique" -- has now been completely annexed by Palin and her GOP operative-controllers who want a  restoration of the standard Bush/Cheney agenda.

I think it was clear from the start that the populist and anti-Beltway rage fueling these gatherings was being diverted (absurdly) into standard Republican dogma, by the same party that ran the country with virtually no restraints for the last decade.  And a large faction of this movement from the beginning was driven by the same ugly nationalism, Christian fanaticism, and Limbaughian hatreds that have long shaped the American GOP Right.  There's a reason why the Bush-revering Fox News embraced it from the beginning.  But whatever else is true -- whatever authentic elements once existed here -- it is now nothing more than a vehicle for rejuvenating the standard GOP, draped with even more neoconservative extremism and religious fervor than drove it for the last ten years. That's why Sarah Palin is their most beloved leader.

Also I would expect President Palin, if that were to ever happen, to put either other Goldman Sachs executives into the Treasury, or JP Morgan guys and gals, or peeps from Merrill Lynch.  Or peeps connected with the oil industry.  Hey, elections are expensive, even against political cripples like Obama.

Requia ☣

Dammit, now I really need to find copies of the tea party con vids.   :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Rumckle

Quote from: Cain on February 07, 2010, 07:46:35 PM
Palin just sank the Tea Party.

http://feeds.salon.com/~r/salon/greenwald/~3/A7m0zX-m0ZQ/index.html

QuoteThe Nashville Post's A.C. Kleinheider, who covered the Tea Party convention for that paper, says Sarah Palin killed the tea party movement ("The tea party movement is dead. The one I was familiar with anyway. Judson Phillips held it down and Sarah Palin drove a stake right through its heart live last night on C-Span in front of an unsuspecting audience").  He also observes that "Sarah Palin didn't give a tea party speech last night. She gave a partisan Republican address"; he asks:  "what was [Palin] doing justifying and perpetuating the foreign policy of George Bush at a tea party convention?"; and says that what began as "an authentic protest movement" -- "of ragtag and unorganized libertarians, independents and conservatives [that] was something new and unique" -- has now been completely annexed by Palin and her GOP operative-controllers who want a  restoration of the standard Bush/Cheney agenda.

I think it was clear from the start that the populist and anti-Beltway rage fueling these gatherings was being diverted (absurdly) into standard Republican dogma, by the same party that ran the country with virtually no restraints for the last decade.  And a large faction of this movement from the beginning was driven by the same ugly nationalism, Christian fanaticism, and Limbaughian hatreds that have long shaped the American GOP Right.  There's a reason why the Bush-revering Fox News embraced it from the beginning.  But whatever else is true -- whatever authentic elements once existed here -- it is now nothing more than a vehicle for rejuvenating the standard GOP, draped with even more neoconservative extremism and religious fervor than drove it for the last ten years. That's why Sarah Palin is their most beloved leader.

Also I would expect President Palin, if that were to ever happen, to put either other Goldman Sachs executives into the Treasury, or JP Morgan guys and gals, or peeps from Merrill Lynch.  Or peeps connected with the oil industry.  Hey, elections are expensive, even against political cripples like Obama.

Didn't someone call this?
Was it you Cain?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

Iason Ouabache

If the internet really had any effect on elections then Ron Paul would be president right now.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Eh... I think you've overestimating Ron Paul, even on the internet.

I liken him to a modern Ross Perot in terms of likeliness of election.

Requia ☣

I haven't found this in the videos yet, but:
The opening-night speaker at first ever National Tea Party Convention ripped into President Obama, Sen. John McCain and "the cult of multiculturalism," asserting that Obama was elected because "we do not have a civics, literacy test before people can vote in this country."

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/tea-party-fireworks-speaker-tom-tancredo-rips-mccain/story?id=9751718

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :horrormirth: