News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

You have got to be fucking kidding me

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 24, 2010, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Sounds like the "personhood" bills that the anti-choice people keep trying to pass. They failed miserably to pass a referendum in Colorado because most people realized how horrible of an idea it really is.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Zenpeanut

Anyone know if there's an update on this one? Did it actually go through?

EDIT: nevermind...looks like the governer vetoed it.

Bu🤠ns

Requia ☣

Quote from: Burns on March 10, 2010, 06:49:21 AM
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/13244

gone back to senate to be revised.

:facepalm:

We kicked the senators out last week (they're only allowed to fuck things up for 45 days, then they get the boot), so its off the table for now.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Bu🤠ns

Requia ☣

Quote from: Burns on March 10, 2010, 07:07:51 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Or not, they started late, 48 hours till they get the boot.   :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Bu🤠ns

rygD

:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

AFK

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 24, 2010, 10:26:50 PM
I can't actually believe this, even though I know it is probably true, so I am going to stop participating in reality.

I highly endorse this course of action. 

The world is full of dumbfuck pricks, and for some reason, we decide to cram them all into elected office.  What the fuck America? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 11, 2010, 01:04:04 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on February 24, 2010, 10:26:50 PM
I can't actually believe this, even though I know it is probably true, so I am going to stop participating in reality.

I highly endorse this course of action. 

The world is full of dumbfuck pricks, and for some reason, we decide to cram them all into elected office.  What the fuck America? 

People want to express what passes for their "outrage", so they can enjoy the illusion that they are more than a zombie in a cube.

So they vote for hair-shirt punishment freaks.  It is now impossible to get elected without promising to be "tough on crime", etc, despite the facts that real crime is very low and we already have 25% of the world's convicts, and only 5% of the world's population.

Then they act surprised when 6 year olds are arrested on felony charges for acting out in class.
Molon Lube

-Kel-

passed

QuoteUnder House Bill 462, only abortions performed by a doctor through a medical procedure would be legal.

The bill is in response to a case in Uintah County in which prosecutors alleged a pregnant 17-year-old girl paid a man $150 to beat her in an effort to induce a miscarriage.

The version of the bill Herbert signed excludes language in an original version that opponents feared could lead to pregnant women who have natural miscarriages or miscarriages while engaging in activities like skiing being investigated for criminal homicide.

He vetoed that bill Monday in favor of HB 462.

Freeky

Quote from: -Kel- on March 12, 2010, 04:01:27 PM
passed

QuoteUnder House Bill 462, only abortions performed by a doctor through a medical procedure would be legal.

The bill is in response to a case in Uintah County in which prosecutors alleged a pregnant 17-year-old girl paid a man $150 to beat her in an effort to induce a miscarriage.

The version of the bill Herbert signed excludes language in an original version that opponents feared could lead to pregnant women who have natural miscarriages or miscarriages while engaging in activities like skiing being investigated for criminal homicide.

Well, the bolded statement seems reasonable to me, and it doesn't say anything about something along the lines of "only for health-risk conditions".

-Kel-

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on March 12, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
passed

Well, the bolded statement seems reasonable to me, and it doesn't say anything about something along the lines of "only for health-risk conditions".

yeah abortion is totally legal here, even minors with adult consent (as with any medical procedure) can have it done.

Freeky

Quote from: -Kel- on March 12, 2010, 04:13:37 PM
passed

yeah abortion is totally legal here, even minors with adult consent (as with any medical procedure) can have it done.

Nice.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

passed

Only medical doctors can legally perform surgery, already. What this bill does is criminalize the patient as well as the unauthorized practitioner. It also, from the wording of it, not only prohibits but criminalizes chemical abortion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."