News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Democrats With Balls, The Thread

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, March 20, 2010, 02:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

ITT: We post the rare democrat with some testicular fortitude.

For example, this NY congressman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCRnuIDPrPM

Elder Iptuous

Requia ☣

:lulz:

Ok, so with Grayson in place we now have a whole 2 people worth a damn on capitol hill.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Elder Iptuous

yeah, don't jump so fast, Requia....
i've seen some vids of some representatives that make me think, "fuck! they're awesome!".... then i read more on them... :sad:

Cain

I predict this will be an astonishingly short thread.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I predict that Cain will be correct, unfortunately.

The only other two I can think of are Al Franken and maybe Kucinich. Perhaps Barney Frank too...

Elder Iptuous

depends on semantics.
one could say that going up before congress, and citing something you know to be a hoax takes balls, too....
well... since things like that are a bit overdone these days, you'd have to look for some of the truly atrocious shit that is pulled.  some of that stuff takes balls...

Cain

I dunno, everyone spouts bullshit before Congress nowadays.  Unless its high quality, grade A bullshit ("the smoking gun may come in the form of a mushroom cloud" levels).  I take your point on the latter example though. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on March 20, 2010, 03:51:40 PM
I predict that Cain will be correct, unfortunately.

The only other two I can think of are Al Franken and maybe Kucinich. Perhaps Barney Frank too...

Barney Frank caved like a little bitch on the re-regulation of the banks.

I'd submit Russ Feingold, though.
Molon Lube

Cain

Kucinich also folded on his opposition to the current health plan, without even having to face the threat of a primary run against him OR getting any concessions.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on March 21, 2010, 01:24:25 PM
Kucinich also folded on his opposition to the current health plan, without even having to face the threat of a primary run against him OR getting any concessions.

seems expected to me.  his entire opposition, from what i understand, was that he wanted a robust public option added to it.  he was holding out in order to get that in there.  when it becomes apparent that wasn't going to succeed, he took what was available, as it nominally provides some vague path to such a system at some point down the road, or something, and if this were to fail now, we might not see another big healthcare push for many more years...
when i heard him talking on NPR last week, i figured, 'yep. he's a yes vote'...

East Coast Hustle

I want to punch Kucinich in the head, repeatedly.

Feingold is really the only one I can think if that has managed to hide his worthlessness so far. I mean, he's gotta be worthless or he wouldn't be in the club.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: Iptuous on March 21, 2010, 03:02:24 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 21, 2010, 01:24:25 PM

seems expected to me.  his entire opposition, from what i understand, was that he wanted a robust public option added to it.  he was holding out in order to get that in there.  when it becomes apparent that wasn't going to succeed, he took what was available, as it nominally provides some vague path to such a system at some point down the road, or something, and if this were to fail now, we might not see another big healthcare push for many more years...
when i heard him talking on NPR last week, i figured, 'yep. he's a yes vote'...

Well, I'm not surprised, which I guess ties into my general impression that he has no balls.  Caving without even token resistance is pretty lame, regardless of how good or bad the bill might be.

Kai

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 21, 2010, 05:03:17 PM
I want to punch Kucinich in the head, repeatedly.

Feingold is really the only one I can think if that has managed to hide his worthlessness so far. I mean, he's gotta be worthless or he wouldn't be in the club.

I wish. Lost faith in his abilities years back. Can't even remember what it was, now, but I remember being extremely disappointed.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 21, 2010, 05:03:17 PM

honestly, it doesn't matter how worthless they are as a person, or not....
if their congressional activities are acceptable, they everything is fine.

unless you meant he has hid his legislative misdeeds....  (which is understandable.  it's not like we have a terribly transparent system)