News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Tea is a far superior beverage, but it's easy to fuck that shit up

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 17, 2014, 07:49:23 PM
Shitty coffee is a godsend.

Give me that dirty mud from a greasy spoon any day, a million degrees and tarnishing stainless steel spoons, burning holes in my stomach and leaving pockmarks on the floor below. I'll take free refills, thank you very much.

I can see through it and it still goes BLURK.

Recalculating...

Recalculating...

Recalculating...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on July 17, 2014, 07:51:04 PM

I was ruined on tea by Canada.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

I have fucked up many a cup of tea. 2 seconds too long and green tea goes from delicious to grass.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Suu on July 17, 2014, 07:59:07 PM

I have fucked up many a cup of tea. 2 seconds too long and green tea goes from delicious to grass.

yea, water temp is a factor, you gotta leave the water cool for a couple minutes for green and white tea, or you'll scorch it and make it a hot tannin-y mess

Suu

I have 2 orders I can blow through today, and neither of them have given me measurements yet. I need...2 measurements. They're Roman tunics, dudes. Come on now. Ugh, at least I can get their togas done. I just need to find 6-9 yards worth of floor.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on July 17, 2014, 04:32:49 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 17, 2014, 04:47:31 AM
I just want to go hide in a hole in the ground. Fuck all of this, forever. I'm waiting for the next person to be fucking pissed off at me because I'm not meeting their unspoken expectations, or doing enough for their ego, or whatever.
I'm pissed off at you for exceeding my unspoken expectations  :argh!:
Also, you keep being nice to me which confuses my ego  :argh!:

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on July 17, 2014, 12:49:05 PM
I just want to go hide in a hole in the ground. Fuck all of this, forever. I'm waiting for the next person to be fucking pissed off at me because I'm not meeting their unspoken expectations, or doing enough for their ego, or whatever.

Your ex can have all the unspoken expectations he wants, but he can die in a fucking fire as far as I'm concerned. Whoever snipped off his balls and made him think that this is okay has another thing coming.

I just made a mediation appointment. I hope to god he'll attend. If he doesn't I have to open a case against him, and that's pretty much the last thing on earth I want to deal with when all I want him to do is co-parent. You know, cooperatively and stuff.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 17, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

Your ex can have all the unspoken expectations he wants, but he can die in a fucking fire as far as I'm concerned. Whoever snipped off his balls and made him think that this is okay has another thing coming.

I just made a mediation appointment. I hope to god he'll attend. If he doesn't I have to open a case against him, and that's pretty much the last thing on earth I want to deal with when all I want him to do is co-parent. You know, cooperatively and stuff.

Is he this asinine usually?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 17, 2014, 04:54:38 PM
Back, just like always.  Hell, I've been here for old work and using the PM system as a scratch pad, so it wasn't terribly honest for me to pretend I was "gone".

I'm done being mad, but I'd be lying if I said things haven't changed a bit.  This will be the last word I have on the subject, I am not interested in dragging the corpse around behind me all fucking year, and I am no longer interested in discussing it.

I'm not sure if you're still upset with me specifically, but if you are, I'm sorry for disappointing you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on July 17, 2014, 08:54:53 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 17, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

Is he this asinine usually?

Yes, but most commonly he directs his asininity to fucking up other aspects of his life and alienating other people. It's been several years since he was this much of a prick toward me, specifically.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 17, 2014, 08:59:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 17, 2014, 04:54:38 PM
Back, just like always.  Hell, I've been here for old work and using the PM system as a scratch pad, so it wasn't terribly honest for me to pretend I was "gone".

I'm done being mad, but I'd be lying if I said things haven't changed a bit.  This will be the last word I have on the subject, I am not interested in dragging the corpse around behind me all fucking year, and I am no longer interested in discussing it.

I'm not sure if you're still upset with me specifically, but if you are, I'm sorry for disappointing you.

I am unsure where that's coming from.

Edit:  Look at my first post in the "ADMIN" thread.  Wasn't about you.  I'd have done the same if a similar comment was aimed at anyone here.

Now, seriously, I'm done talking about this.  I am over being upset and I plan to stay that way.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's coming from our brief conversation on I think pages 66-67 of this thread, in which it seemed to me as if you were leaving because of something I said. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 17, 2014, 09:46:31 PM
It's coming from our brief conversation on I think pages 66-67 of this thread, in which it seemed to me as if you were leaving because of something I said. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine too.

No, you were right about what you were saying. The fact that I am a chump seemingly bent on setting myself up for a periodic happy-slapping is hardly your fault.  It's my fault for being dense, for having extremely poor pattern recognition skills.

It had nothing to do with that.  It had to do with the events in the admin thread, and an assortment of PMs in which you did not participate.  Just to be clear.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 17, 2014, 09:52:24 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 17, 2014, 09:46:31 PM

No, you were right about what you were saying. The fact that I am a chump seemingly bent on setting myself up for a periodic happy-slapping is hardly your fault.  It's my fault for being dense, for having extremely poor pattern recognition skills.

It had nothing to do with that.  It had to do with the events in the admin thread, and an assortment of PMs in which you did not participate.  Just to be clear.

Wow, what the fuck. Never fucking mind, I won't bother speaking to you again if this passive-aggressive disingenuous bullshit is going to be my reward.