News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Choose Your Own GASM

Started by Cramulus, June 30, 2008, 01:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7RY57

Quote from: triple zero on August 08, 2008, 08:43:07 AM
7RY57, looking at your other work, i think every page on that wiki that you think you can create a nice image for is a request for artistic or shooping request, be bold ;-)
also, i think you could go (less detailed) quantity over (fully worked-out) quality here?

Hah! Nice to see someone pick up my problem so quickly!
Yeah, I do spend too much time prefecting things. Got ya, and thanks.

Question though, when I've done something based upon the wiki's content, do I stick it into 'bring and brag'?
I have no clue about wikification.
Thanks again.
     COBRAS! COBRAS!!

Triple Zero

Quote from: 7RY57 on August 09, 2008, 02:04:35 AM
Quote from: triple zero on August 08, 2008, 08:43:07 AM
7RY57, looking at your other work, i think every page on that wiki that you think you can create a nice image for is a request for artistic or shooping request, be bold ;-)
also, i think you could go (less detailed) quantity over (fully worked-out) quality here?

Hah! Nice to see someone pick up my problem so quickly!

takes one to know one ;-)

QuoteQuestion though, when I've done something based upon the wiki's content, do I stick it into 'bring and brag'?
I have no clue about wikification.
Thanks again.

uhhhhm

paging Cramulus ...

Cram: what's the easiest way for him to do this?

i would think there's two good ways, either
1) learn wikification, it's not that hard
2) or start your own thread in Bring & Brag and just post everything there to have it in one place (and someone else can upload it to the wiki)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

If you have art you made for the wiki which you want to show us, you could post it in bring & brag, or in the Choose Your Own Misadventure thread, or both, or neither.

Learning wikification is really really easy. You can probably figure it out just by clicking on any of the edit pages and looking at the code. To create an image on the wiki, first you have to upload it. Click on "upload file" in the toolbox on the left.

Then, you post the image with the code

[image: filename.jpg]

you align it like this:

[image: filename.jpg|right]

you fix the width like this:

[image: filename.jpg|200px]

you make it a thumbnail like this:

[image: filename.jpg|thumb|This is the caption text]

We try to keep the pics to under 300k or so, but don't be restrained by that if it's a really cool image.

Be bold and go have fun. Because each page only has a small chance of being hit, I'd really not sweat these images too hard. Don't spend too long crafting masterpieces that will be buried within the exponentially branching story. But DO be bold and have fun with it. We'd love to have a dedicated image-person who just improves the wiki by adding hilarious visual content. You really have an opportunity to deifine a lot of the visual jokes and style.

The wiki's felt a big stagnant recently, so I really encourage people to step up and make some new pages. Don't think of it as a task that we have to "finish this thing we started" or whatever. Do it because it really is quite fun once you get in the swing of it. After you've made a page or two, you'll be awesome at it. I had a LOT of fun making a lot of the pages there, and I think it shows.

Just be really ridiculous and think outside the spox.

Triple Zero

fuck you my mom died of spox.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

7RY57

Major spanks for the helpings, but we're talking about the BIP wiki right?
It won't let me create an account. :argh!:
Meh, I'll work it out eventually.

I didn't feel that it was my place just to go in and edit things in there like that.
I think we can make something truly awesmashing.  :fap:

Imma scrbblin.
     COBRAS! COBRAS!!

Cramulus

Verbal Mike

Okay, I'm back. Probably gonna still be a few days before I get into the wiki again. Awesome to see all this excitement around it.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Reverend Loveshade

I am very new to Choose Your Own Misadventure (ironically, I saw it advertised on another website).  I love it, but so far have done very little there.  I don't speak from any position of authority whatsoever.  But as far as I can tell, book one, The First Day of Fifth Grade, is finished!  That is, there doesn't appear to be any dead links, and all of the story lines seem to get to some sort of a conclusion.  Obviously, editiing may and probably will continue.

Pope Hilde has suggested a second book, The Seven Seers of Solomon's Sewer, which has gotten cudos from Professor Cramulus and Cainad.  You can see the discussion at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/Adventure/index.php?title=Main_Page.  It will probably begin very soon, maybe today.  You might want to check it out!
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

guest7654

I Stumble!d Upon this the other day.   I died.

Cramulus

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on August 23, 2008, 06:00:25 AM
I am very new to Choose Your Own Misadventure (ironically, I saw it advertised on another website).  I love it, but so far have done very little there.  I don't speak from any position of authority whatsoever.  But as far as I can tell, book one, The First Day of Fifth Grade, is finished!  That is, there doesn't appear to be any dead links, and all of the story lines seem to get to some sort of a conclusion.  Obviously, editiing may and probably will continue.

Pope Hilde has suggested a second book, The Seven Seers of Solomon's Sewer, which has gotten cudos from Professor Cramulus and Cainad.  You can see the discussion at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/Adventure/index.php?title=Main_Page.  It will probably begin very soon, maybe today.  You might want to check it out!

I've done a bit of structural tinkering over there. I put together a "metastory" bit, where you're wandering around a house, and that will link to our stories.

check out the Discussion Page on http://www.principiadiscordia.com/Adventure/index.php?title=Page_101 . Wandering around the house is sort of like blundering through a Table of Contents.

So to kick off the Seven Seers of Solomon's Sewer, pick a door, and begin writing from that point.  :mrgreen:

Reverend Loveshade

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on August 23, 2008, 03:41:13 PM
Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on August 23, 2008, 06:00:25 AM

I've done a bit of structural tinkering over there. I put together a "metastory" bit, where you're wandering around a house, and that will link to our stories.

check out the Discussion Page on http://www.principiadiscordia.com/Adventure/index.php?title=Page_101 . Wandering around the house is sort of like blundering through a Table of Contents.

So to kick off the Seven Seers of Solomon's Sewer, pick a door, and begin writing from that point.  :mrgreen:

The house is cool.  I think that's a great way to make it easy for people to begin new books.

The Seven Seers of Solomon's Sewer is linked from the house at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/Adventure/index.php?title=Page_123 and begins at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/Adventure/index.php?title=Page_501.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

Verbal Mike

Wouldn't starting Book 2 om page 201 make a little more sense?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

I think that level of organization is going to be very difficult to maintain. And it don't really matter anyway which page books start on.

Reverend Loveshade

Quote from: VERB` on August 24, 2008, 11:01:07 AM
Wouldn't starting Book 2 om page 201 make a little more sense?

I would have thought that too, but saw something somewhere about leaving more room for the house that links to all the stories. I guess if the site keeps expanding, 100 pages for the house might not be enough.

But all the pages for Book Two seem to be set for 501 to 599. Keeping the pages for a book together may make no difference to the reader, but I think it will make it much easier for the editors. A total of 32 pages for The Seven Seers of Solomon's Sewer have been written so far.

Iason Ouabache

I plan on submitting this to TotalFark later in the week (it'll get more hits if I do it on either Thursday or Friday).  I doubt it will hit the main page but it will definitely be seen by 50-100 eyes.  Anyone wanna suggest a witty/snarky headline for me to submit with it?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘