News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Discordianism is an Anti-Charismatic Cult

Started by Cainad (dec.), June 23, 2014, 12:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Charismatic cults rely on the leadership of, surprise, a charismatic leader who finds ways to keep their congregation close and intact. Discordianism has no leaders and retains its congregation by being such assholes that people can't help themselves but to stick around and show them all.

Cults discourage critical thinking. Discordians self-flagellate if they fail to criticize Discordianism.

Cults isolate members from their families and the rest of society by providing an appearance of being a safe, nurturing community. Discordianism routinely and vehemently encourages you to FUCK OFF.

I'm in a hurry so this post has no real conclusion, also because fuck you.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Discordianism: because fuck you that's why

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 23, 2014, 12:49:51 PM
Charismatic cults rely on the leadership of, surprise, a charismatic leader who finds ways to keep their congregation close and intact. Discordianism has no leaders and retains its congregation by being such assholes that people can't help themselves but to stick around and show them all.

Cults discourage critical thinking. Discordians self-flagellate if they fail to criticize Discordianism.

Cults isolate members from their families and the rest of society by providing an appearance of being a safe, nurturing community. Discordianism routinely and vehemently encourages you to FUCK OFF.

I'm just trying to get a little sleep.  I'm just trying to catch my damn breath, you know?  I'm just trying to have a little fun out here at the edge of the universe, where the shit-blizzard of failure never stops and people pound on your door all night screaming mental shit about How It All Went Wrong, and where people keep harrassing the Mormons, just because they STOPPED MOVING.  I'm just trying to MAKE SOME SENSE OF IT ALL, in a world in which it is PATENTLY OBVIOUS that God is SICK because if he created US 6000 years ago, HE ALSO CREATED HUMAN-SPECIFIC PUBIC LICE, and why the hell would he do THAT?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2014, 06:19:57 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 23, 2014, 12:49:51 PM

I'm just trying to get a little sleep.  I'm just trying to catch my damn breath, you know?  I'm just trying to have a little fun out here at the edge of the universe, where the shit-blizzard of failure never stops and people pound on your door all night screaming mental shit about How It All Went Wrong, and where people keep harrassing the Mormons, just because they STOPPED MOVING.  I'm just trying to MAKE SOME SENSE OF IT ALL, in a world in which it is PATENTLY OBVIOUS that God is SICK because if he created US 6000 years ago, HE ALSO CREATED HUMAN-SPECIFIC PUBIC LICE, and why the hell would he do THAT?

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz:

I like it because supporting evidence is found in the rage of would-be gurus who are rejected by Discordians on the basis of fuck you I do what I want.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

I would love to agree with this except FUCK YOU, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 23, 2014, 10:10:32 PM

I like it because supporting evidence is found in the rage of would-be gurus who are rejected by Discordians on the basis of fuck you I do what I want.

We are a complete failure at death cult.  :(

BUT WE KICK A LOT OF ASS AS A DEFF CULT!  :banana:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 23, 2014, 11:38:49 PM

At one time, they were considered metal sex Gods.

Oh, how I loathed the 20th century.

Ben Shapiro

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2014, 02:59:35 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 23, 2014, 11:38:49 PM

At one time, they were considered metal sex Gods.

Oh, how I loathed the 20th century.

It had a certain value.

That value was sheer awfulness.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

Wow, my head's been in some crappy territory lately... This thread is so many :mittens:. Thanks.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

minuspace

Quote from: Pæs on June 23, 2014, 10:23:38 PM
I would love to agree with this except FUCK YOU, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: