News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

LOL BIP gets dissed

Started by LHX, January 18, 2007, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

That's not a slur, it means you've been had.

Benaclypse

We can call it Freebird Paradise, but we can't fix the world if we refuse to acknowledge its glitches.  The world is sort of a black iron prison, and it can be enlightened, but it won't simply be ignored away.  You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

B_M_W

Quote from: Felix Mackay on February 04, 2007, 12:16:20 AM
That's not a slur, it means you've been had.

Its the same thing as Jew'd.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LHX

Quote from: Benaclypse on February 04, 2007, 12:19:09 AM
We can call it Freebird Paradise, but we can't fix the world if we refuse to acknowledge its glitches.  The world is sort of a black iron prison, and it can be enlightened, but it won't simply be ignored away.  You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

actually, Freebird Paradise is a pretty good name from the tongue-in-cheek angle
neat hell

LMNO

Quote from: LHX on February 03, 2007, 08:49:04 PM
lmfao

if you want to escape the hacienda, you have to get past the forest and the trees

can we do a outer space theme too?

you want to get out of the space station, you have to make it past the gravitational field and the laser turrets?

The Black Iron Gravity Well.

AFK

Ooh, I like that one.  Though, I must insist in absolutely NO Carl Sagan references. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Billions and Billions of BIP.

Cain

Anyway, shall we write a rebuttal?

LMNO

I suppose we should.

Let me clean up some work off my desk, and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, what are we going to do with the rebuttal once it's written?

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on February 05, 2007, 02:44:12 PM
I suppose we should.

Let me clean up some work off my desk, and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, what are we going to do with the rebuttal once it's written?

post it on his guestbook?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Cain

Post it here and on his guest book.  I'll also see if Hoopla will post it on his blog, as will I.  I reckon we can each write one and take the best aspects from each.

LMNO

Cool.

PS - Vengeful Testament of Eris to be recorded this evening.  Any requests as to background ambience?

AFK

Perhaps we should have a separate thread with an open invitation for Mr. Laz to comment. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on February 05, 2007, 02:54:27 PM
Cool.

PS - Vengeful Testament of Eris to be recorded this evening.  Any requests as to background ambience?

Anything vaguely reminiscent of the Old Testament I suppose.  I mean, thats the overall tone I tried to project with it, so something along those lines would be in keeping with that.

And another thread may be a good idea.  Someone should c+p Laz's statement and then we can pick it apart here.