News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

I Also Love the Tea Party

Started by Vene, May 12, 2010, 03:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

That's why it's so hard to separate out the "angry at ALL government" folks of the Teabaggers from the "Fight the Non-White Power" assholes who are so using this as a ticket to ride on their bigotry.  Wanting 50's and 60's style America back.  And thinking that's our premium.

Fuck them.

And fuck those who don't shove those assholes to the curb if they are really fired up to "fix" shit.
ETA because they need to see the muddied waters REALLY don't help their case at all.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Jenne on May 14, 2010, 07:10:54 PM
 Wanting 50's and 60's style America back.

if they really wanted to go back to the 50's, 60's style America, more importantly the 50's, 60's American middle class they would be protesting to raise taxes back up the level where they used to be, and lower CEO salaries back down.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 14, 2010, 06:48:10 PM
though having said that something interesting is check out the cultural section of biggovernment.com, especially the comments on the obviously religious stuff. Yes I know internet discussions are just that... for example
http://biggovernment.com/rforbes/2010/05/07/national-day-of-prayer-is-about-american-beginnings-so-what-are-the-courts-saying-about-americas-future/
read replies and replies to replies... if such discussions don't hurt you too much
:weary: Ow, my head.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 14, 2010, 07:17:29 PM
Quote from: Jenne on May 14, 2010, 07:10:54 PM
Wanting 50's and 60's style America back.

if they really wanted to go back to the 50's, 60's style America, more importantly the 50's, 60's American middle class they would be protesting to raise taxes back up the level where they used to be, and lower CEO salaries back down.

You're assuming they are separating what really went down in the 50's and 60's with what they saw it depicted as on TV, yeah?

Tr00f: most Americans believe life really WAS like Happy Days back then.

Thurnez Isa

Does that mean Obama's popularity will skyrocket if he appoints The Fonz as his Minster of Picking Up Chicks?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 14, 2010, 07:33:38 PM
Does that mean Obama's popularity will skyrocket if he appoints The Fonz as his Minster of Picking Up Chicks?

aaayyyyyy

Vene

Why not? I'll add this here instead of making a new thread.

The Tea Party wants to repeal the 17th amendment. They want state governments to pick senators instead of letting the people elect them.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

The typeface used in their big fancy ad on their homepage is Gotham.

It also was used for the names on the cards as well as the blurb underneath them.

Gotham was popularized thanks to Obama's campaign.

I bet their graphic designer was very well aware of this. OWNED by type nerds.

:lulz:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Placid Dingo

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/feature/2010/02/23/counterculture < I'm not sure where i got this so i apologise if this is repeating, but it seems relevant.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Vene on May 15, 2010, 08:13:12 AM
Why not? I'll add this here instead of making a new thread.

The Tea Party wants to repeal the 17th amendment. They want state governments to pick senators instead of letting the people elect them.

i'd like to read more on the arguements behind the 17th amendment.
it never made sense to me why we would undermine what i understand to be the entire purpose behind the bicameral legislature...