News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Acosmicist UNLIMITED fightin' the power thread

Started by Acosmicist, July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acosmicist

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 29, 2015, 01:43:01 AM
Probably 25 and thinks he's "pre-rich".
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 29, 2015, 01:42:21 AM
Libertarian. No higher education. Calling it now.
I gave up on political ideologies a long time ago.
It started when I realized I'm not going to get my way because I was "wrong" about everything, if you asked the "right" person.
Do you think I'm voting for Donald Trump because I hate Mexicans?
Not even close.
The way I see it, if politics is going to be a series of dark jokes where the people with influence and money make a mockery of the process at our expense, then the least we can do for ourselves is put actual fucking clowns on the stage to tell them.
Nice ad hominem, by the way.
I would have expected you people to be above the level of such low-level logical fallacies in your rhetoric.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Your troll-fu is weak, son. Try being less obvious, and use fewer cliches.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Acosmicist

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 29, 2015, 02:08:39 AM
If you suspect your opponent is trolling you, then you have no choice but to take them seriously. It doesn't matter if they are trolling because it doesn't matter if they are serious.
Accusing your opponent of deliberately trying to rile you up is a poor debate tactic, and a sign that you are incapable of indulging them.
You think you win the argument because I must be trolling?
I win the argument because you're avoiding the argument.
Prove me wrong.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Acosmicist

Quote from: Hoopla on July 29, 2015, 02:20:39 AM
This one's a peach.

An anonymous user told me as we were discussing Discordianism on another forum that around here, people take themselves too seriously, pat each other on the back for agreeing with one another, ignore people who disagree with them, and genuinely believe in some greater, left-wing altruistic purpose for getting a kick out of hot dog bun jokes.

I interpreted this as a challenge.

The Johnny

Quote from: Acosmicist on July 29, 2015, 02:15:21 AM
If you suspect your opponent is trolling you, then you have no choice but to take them seriously. It doesn't matter if they are trolling because it doesn't matter if they are serious.
Accusing your opponent of deliberately trying to rile you up is a poor debate tactic, and a sign that you are incapable of indulging them.
Prove me wrong.

Arguing with sophists gets boring real fast, you know?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Acosmicist

Quote from: The Johnny on July 29, 2015, 02:48:12 AM
Quote from: Acosmicist on July 29, 2015, 02:15:21 AM
Prove me wrong.

Arguing with sophists gets boring real fast, you know?

Arguing is boring, period.

We're only here because we don't have anything better to do with our lives.

Nevertheless, the thread opened up with "woe is me, it's impossible to live in this world, and everyone keeps telling me I'm a jerk for expecting them to elevate me out of my circumstances."

Well fuck off. You are a jerk. No one is obligated to give a damn about your problems. Not only did I highlight that entitlements OF ALL KINDS are bullshit, and "rights" are the currency of threats, I pointed out that you can change the game by inserting more threats. The point I was making was at no time did the notion of "civilization" ever become genuinely "civil."

Don Coyote

:lulz: You have some serious reading comprehension problems.

Acosmicist

Why keep raising the minimum wage every once in a while to offset income equality?
I say it's high time we cut to the chase and just raise minimum wage to 3 million dollars an hour.
Then everyone can be rich.
Or maybe it would just be cultural appropriation...

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Of course.  Libertarians are always either very very rich, or facing a dead end life.

This guy, by his own admission, isn't rich.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Acosmicist on July 29, 2015, 02:34:42 AM
This one's a peach.

An anonymous user told me as we were discussing Discordianism on another forum that around here, people take themselves too seriously, pat each other on the back for agreeing with one another, ignore people who disagree with them, and genuinely believe in some greater, left-wing altruistic purpose for getting a kick out of hot dog bun jokes.

Oh.  Facebook Discordian.

[/interest]
Molon Lube

Acosmicist

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2015, 04:16:41 AM

Of course.  Libertarians are always either very very rich, or facing a dead end life.

This guy, by his own admission, isn't rich.

None of this, even if I am not just "trolling" you with my own admission,  has any relevance whatsoever to the argument I made.
It's baseless assumption about my character in an attempt to discredit me.
You're free to do so, and I hope you have many intense orgasms in your circle-jerking in the future, but only the people who agree with you to begin with will believe your ad hominem holds any weight here.

hooplala

I'm gonna be a little edgy here for a moment, but speaking of fry cooks... I don't really care for sweet potato fries. Who's with me?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Acosmicist

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2015, 04:17:34 AM
Quote from: Acosmicist on July 29, 2015, 02:34:42 AM
This one's a peach.

Oh.  Facebook Discordian.

[/interest]

Facebook Discordians are the ones cheering on the Supreme Court with telling states what they have to do while simultaneously cheering on Colorado's state right to ignore federal law and legalize drugs.
Don't get me wrong. I support each of these things, but I'm still aware there is a conflict of interest. I support it because I think the conflict is fucking hilarious. Facebook Discordians support it because they want to have a gay wedding while high on drugs.