Acosmicist UNLIMITED fightin' the power thread

Started by Acosmicist, July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on August 02, 2015, 08:20:42 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2015, 05:16:23 AM
That, sir, is fucking genius.  It's like someone put Tebow's brain in Stephen Hawking's body and then had him wrassle bears.

Okay, I'd appreciate it if somebody could invent brain transplants. RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

We're getting close... http://news.sky.com/story/1501109/head-transplant-patient-were-making-science
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 03, 2015, 04:40:48 AM
He also expressed his distaste for the BIP and the direction in which this place was going

Good.

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 03, 2015, 04:40:48 AM
You're not supposed to... You're supposed to

So close, and yet so far away from actually getting it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cuddlefish

Wow. These new Furby's are pretty cutting edge. I wonder how long it took him to learn the language... Thank god these things aren't allowed on planes.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Freeky

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 03, 2015, 08:01:21 PM
Wow. These new Furby's are pretty cutting edge. I wonder how long it took him to learn the language... Thank god these things aren't allowed on planes.

DIMO! :D

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 03, 2015, 04:53:05 PM
1.  That may have been true in 2004. 
That may have been when he formed the opinion. I didn't even necessarily believe it. It didn't matter. The very existence of a forum where people sit and distill their thoughts on Discordianism together until they agree is pretty Anti-Discordian. It's a pretty good joke, indeed. Like a fly trap. I can imagine the site admin's reaction upon hearing requests for a forum and wondering how serious they were. All it needs now is an FAQ and a list of rules.
2.  You should learn to look for yourself.
You're talking to a guy who will go out and buy wood and screws and build my own computer desk with very little woodworking experience and leave it raw and unsanded, just to accommodate the room that it's sitting in, the chair that is sitting in front of it, and the surround sound system that is mounted to it.
I'm a simple man who values utility over aesthetics. You don't really learn much living your life by the instruction manual. Everything will turn out alright in the long run, and if it doesn't, consider that a lesson learned.
3.  You should have said you were a teabagger.  It would have made all of this so much easier.  And shorter.
Life is the universe's latest innovation in entropic technology. We're here to help the universe commit suicide. Everything that happens was never going to happen any other way. The only way we will fail is to destroy ourselves. Politics is like a really intense, endless game of Dungeons and Dragons, and it's a pretty amusing analogy when identifying creatures and items. I identify as a Chaotic Neutral Cleric, with no weapons... I'll make sure to include that in my manifesto.

We're Disordianing wrong.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Life is the universe's latest innovation in entropic technology. We're here to help the universe commit suicide. Everything that happens was never going to happen any other way. The only way we will fail is to destroy ourselves. Politics is like a really intense, endless game of Dungeons and Dragons, and it's a pretty amusing analogy when identifying creatures and items. I identify as a Chaotic Neutral Cleric, with no weapons... I'll make sure to include that in my manifesto.

Newsfeed PLEASE
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 03, 2015, 10:34:35 PM
1.  That may have been true in 2004. 
That may have been when he formed the opinion. I didn't even necessarily believe it. It didn't matter. The very existence of a forum where people sit and distill their thoughts on Discordianism together until they agree is pretty Anti-Discordian. It's a pretty good joke, indeed. Like a fly trap. I can imagine the site admin's reaction upon hearing requests for a forum and wondering how serious they were. All it needs now is an FAQ and a list of rules.
2.  You should learn to look for yourself.
You're talking to a guy who will go out and buy wood and screws and build my own computer desk with very little woodworking experience and leave it raw and unsanded, just to accommodate the room that it's sitting in, the chair that is sitting in front of it, and the surround sound system that is mounted to it.
I'm a simple man who values utility over aesthetics. You don't really learn much living your life by the instruction manual. Everything will turn out alright in the long run, and if it doesn't, consider that a lesson learned.
3.  You should have said you were a teabagger.  It would have made all of this so much easier.  And shorter.

We're Disordianing wrong.   :lulz:

ALWAYS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Our Discordia is WRONG. His Discordia is RIGHT. The only way we can Discordia RIGHT is by doing it JUST LIKE HIM. 23pinealfnordflaxlol

Acosmicist

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 03, 2015, 11:34:56 PM
Our Discordia is WRONG. His Discordia is RIGHT. The only way we can Discordia RIGHT is by doing it JUST LIKE HIM. 23pinealfnordflaxlol
Keep in mind that was the backstory, told within its own context.

*I* didn't take all my posts and move them into the "How not to Discordia" thread.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 08:49:23 AM

*I* didn't take all my posts and move them into the "How not to Discordia" thread.

You were openly shitting up other conversations, and now you're butthurt because your clutter was moved into one thread?

Have you considered acting like a human being?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 08:49:23 AM

No, I did.  Because you spent your first day here - for hours - digging up old threads and shitting on them, as well as being a arsebucket to as many people as you possibly could.  What the hell were you expecting?  Any other board would have just IP banned you and called it a day.
Molon Lube

hooplala

I believe that is what he wanted. That's he only way they "win".
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 04, 2015, 07:53:22 PM
I believe that is what he wanted. That's he only way they "win".

Yep.  But at least the splatter is contained.  So it's win-win.
Molon Lube

Acosmicist

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 04, 2015, 07:40:15 PM
No, I did.  Because you spent your first day here - for hours - digging up old threads and shitting on them, as well as being a arsebucket to as many people as you possibly could.  What the hell were you expecting?  Any other board would have just IP banned you and called it a day.
Oh, my apologies, your highness.
"All it needs now is an FAQ and a list of rules."
That way, people know for sure what they should be afraid of doing. You can ban me if you want. I won't hold it against you. You're just doing your job, right? You wouldn't want people just running around shitting all over everything with no concern for the sensitivities of others. That would just run off all the others who get their panties in a bunch because I bumped old threads with shitposts.
Not that I *am* afraid of consequences.
Quote from: Hoopla on August 04, 2015, 07:53:22 PM
I believe that is what he wanted.
Nah. I just did whatever I wanted to do without concern for others. If there were any consequences, so be it. I'm not getting paid to be here. I don't think anyone else is either.

Acosmicist

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 04, 2015, 03:34:07 PM
You were openly shitting up other conversations, and now you're butthurt because your clutter was moved into one thread?
No. I think it's funny. As if I'm supposed to go, "I sincerely apologize, and I will be more respectful, thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn my lesson and talk me through how I should behave. May I have your permission to bump the first three threads with polite responses?"
Have you considered acting like a human being?
What does this even fucking mean?