News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 28, 2014, 04:33:36 AM
Tuesday is biopsy and pap day.

Getting all my pants-shitting done now, out of courtesy to the doctor.

I mean, I'm going to get cancer at some point. It's in both sides of my family in really fun ways, right there with insanity, exploding hearts, and alcoholism. Probably something to do with well-water and strip-mining/fracking. >.>

Then again, I'm sure everything is fine. It's just the bad break-up (and ex that won't leave me alone) and working every god damn day and packing up my shit and arranging a move that's making this seem awful, right?

That's totally it.

Hang in there! :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So today in my Research Methods in Psychology class, the professor introduced the concept of the Bell curve.

I'm not kidding.

At this point I just feel vaguely insulted.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It occurs to me that although I'll be a little stressed out compiling my Methods & Materials section by Thursday afternoon, I probably could have just written the whole proposal in week 1 and been done with it.

Cain

Taking a couple of days off.  Apparently saying I've been up at 4am is code for "I'm drunk" rather than "I was at work at a stupid time in the morning and as such I'm pretty tired and made a mistake".

I'm too tired to get mad about it, but I don't like the implication, and I have other things to be getting on with.  So, later.

Pæs

I don't think anyone meant to seriously imply you were drunk.

Sorry if rolling with the "Go home, you're drunk" meme being invoked caused offense, though.

hooplala

It's a pretty common saying in North America, possibly not elsewhere... but for the record (and someone IS keeping a record, I hope), I thought it was a tad inappropriate in the context it was used as well.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Everyone's keeping a record of everything, all the fucking time.

Don't hope for it, it's already happening. And it's requests like this FOR MORE which will get everyone their own personal taser firing drone by 2045. No, that is not a good thing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 29, 2014, 12:45:45 PM
Everyone's keeping a record of everything, all the fucking time.

Don't hope for it, it's already happening. And it's requests like this FOR MORE which will get everyone their own personal taser firing drone by 2045. No, that is not a good thing.

I dunno, Enrico has taught me some moves with a tazer that my wife has never been able to reproduce.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Yes, the Gitmo guide to the Joy of Sex can be difficult to reproduce.

I suggest you have her black bag your first, then try the taser play. Remember to wash your jumpsuit regularly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2014, 06:51:51 AM
Taking a couple of days off.  Apparently saying I've been up at 4am is code for "I'm drunk" rather than "I was at work at a stupid time in the morning and as such I'm pretty tired and made a mistake".

I'm too tired to get mad about it, but I don't like the implication, and I have other things to be getting on with.  So, later.

Sorry Cain, it was meant as a harmless reference to a joke.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

I'm still trying to work out if Lesswrong is terrible for a range of reasons.

I'm leaning towards "Yes". 

minuspace

The last article you linked re: less-wrong had some incriminating potential, if one were so inclined.  I'm not one to judge, I just don't like the way they think.  And anything else I say will be pretty much as condescending as they are toxic.