News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I get my son home on Friday, for 3 weeks.  And his 21st BD is on Sunday.

Good times will be had.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 29, 2014, 07:02:53 PM

Good times will be had.

Awesome. Seems like he definitelt has his shit together for being 21. I still don't.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on July 29, 2014, 07:15:44 PM

Good times will be had.

Awesome. Seems like he definitelt has his shit together for being 21. I still don't.

He was BORN that way.  It terrifies me sometimes.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Today this happened https://www.facebook.com/jesus.john/posts/10152226023439249?comment_id=10152226035709249&notif_t=like and I thank PeeDee for my ability to relentlessly prod someone in the cognitive dissonance until they seem utterly unreasonable, and poke massive holes in all their arguments.

goddamn bootstrappers and their massive blinkers.

Salty

The Boy starts school in a month. Clearly the most important task of acquiring a cape-equipped Superman lunch bag is now my highest priority.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Good times will be had.

WOO!!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on July 29, 2014, 10:13:53 PM
The Boy starts school in a month. Clearly the most important task of acquiring a cape-equipped Superman lunch bag is now my highest priority.

OMG. That's going to be adorable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 29, 2014, 10:51:45 PM

Yes, yes it will be.

Quote from: Alty on July 29, 2014, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 29, 2014, 10:51:45 PM

Yes, yes it will be.

That is awesome. O.O

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Salty

Ach, so we are living with people who have a 2.5 year old. I may have mentioned this before. Anyway, I just overheard him say to her, "You better share your books or I am going to take them away!"

Now he is crying because I let him know what it feels like when someone says something nasty like that. Ah, parenting, the joy, the wanton fecal matter.

Today was a fucking train wreck. But the part that involves me leaving the house is over.

I had the fastest, most professional, least traumatic-y pap smear of my life today. I want to send my damn doctor a bouquet of roses. Two, if he teaches his nurse to shut up during exams. Three, if I can get the 'basting brush' jokes out of my head.

He was weirded out by my request to skip the anesthesia for the biopsy all together.

First he was expecting me to wuss out and then he was mildly terrified when I didn't so much as twitch at either the cutty or the burny part of the procedure. He looked at me when we were done and said "Now I've seen everything." O.o

A quick blood draw and that was that.

Then we left and everything else we were gonna get done today went to shit and I ain't even gonna talk about it. The important part is that in a few days or whatever I find out whether I should keep packing for Oregon or start selling everything for cancer treatment. YAY!

I feel like a crybaby for being as worried about the cancer thing as I am. It's a serious possibility but there isn't dick I can do about it.

Quote from: Alty on July 29, 2014, 11:29:27 PM
Ach, so we are living with people who have a 2.5 year old. I may have mentioned this before. Anyway, I just overheard him say to her, "You better share your books or I am going to take them away!"

Now he is crying because I let him know what it feels like when someone says something nasty like that. Ah, parenting, the joy, the wanton fecal matter.

So many delights to child-rearing.

Nephew Twiddleton

TWID AND VILLAGER GO TO CHICAGO FOR A WEDDING

This was our first time flying together. She likes flying. I'm not too fond of the mode of travel.

We decided to have authentic Chicago Deep Dish pizza. We continued to eat it here and there over the next 24 hours.

The next day was the wedding, so we got dressed up

Villager and I went to a church. A Catholic church mind you. Some heretic left this in the missal containment thingie in our pew. It's the Christian thing to do.

The best man decided to play a prank on the groom. It was flawless.

Turns out that we're adults. We also got the cutest guitar picks ever. (Groom is a bassist and played in a band here in Boston)

Also, there were these signs. Everywhere. Including the church, mind you, but this was at the reception.

The next day we went in town

We went to Wrigley Field. One of my friends is a huge Cubs fan, and also, Red Sox fans gotta love a cursed underdog team.

We found the spaceship from Flight of the Navigator (spaceship was my idea, but Dimo gets credit for pointing out FotN)

I suspect this is the spaceport

This artifact may or may not be related to the spaceship, but I have made it my new god, and Chicago is now my holy land.

This bridge currently leads to nowhere.

This bridge currently leads to somewhere. (also pictured, groom's sister and her boyfriend, who were also in the groom's band. In fact, I'm wearing their shirt.)

This is me at Midway Airport on Monday morning, beginning the geographically longest and most implausible commute to work I've ever done (as far as duration, it was the second longest. No snow was involved.)

This was the last thing I saw before boarding. Apparently Chicago's airports have a problem with cyborgs from the future.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 29, 2014, 11:33:52 PM
I feel like a crybaby for being as worried about the cancer thing as I am. It's a serious possibility but there isn't dick I can do about it.

That doesn't make it any less of a stressor.

Bu🤠ns

Twid, you're like 30 minutes from me! Also, yeah those stickers are EVERYWHERE...some even have grenade silhouettes ... which I think is hilarious.

I'm glad you two are having a blast here!