News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Mah sewing.

Started by Raphaella, January 16, 2009, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

Well it's been a while but I decided to make a skirt. I made this vogue one with a yoke because I wanted to see if I could. It looked kinda complicated but I think I pulled it off well. The only thing is I did not alter the pattern and it's WAY too small for me to wear. But I'm sure I can find someone to give it too when it's all done.

I just have to hem it and put on the buttons. I'm thinking of top stitching the seams of the yoke in red though. Any way it was fun!

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

rosenstock

Very well done! Did you design it or did you use a pattern?
Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds.

BADGE OF HONOR

I hate to say it, but while I like the pattern, the color/fabric looks loathesome.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Raphaella

It's a pattern and I used scrap/crap fabric because I really just wanted to see if I could make it. It looked quite complicated and I wanted a challenge. The yoke lining turned out a bit too big though. Oh and I should have slip stitched the yoke to the skirt, but the fabric is tough and it hurt my fingers hand sewing so I was all, "fuck this your going under the machine."
I think it turned out reasonably well still. I have to add the buttons today too.

sonne

Ouch @ hand sewing. It did come out nicely.
Will the buttons be red? I think they would look nice in red to match the yoke seams.

Jenne

Lovely work!  Huzzah!  Yokes are not easy, you are right!

edited to fix and error--that's what I get for posting at 650 am my time!

Suu

Yokes do suck.

In fact, Vogue patterns suck. They're not for the faint of heart!

Nice work!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

Thank you guys for the encouraging comments!
I'm at my friends house now brought my machine and we'll be sewing some over here. It should be productive.
yeah Vogue patterns are the suck, but they just look so damn cool! Plus I got a bunch of them at the thrift store... unused  :| I no longer wonder why. 

Raphaella

Well sewing yesterday at my friends house turned out to be not so productive. She just broke up with her boyfriend so we mostly talked about that...
I did do some top stitching on that skirt but I think I want to add more in green and blue to match the horrendous plaid.  :lulz:

But I did start a tunic today/yesterday. This is just the muslin, the one you make first out of scrap fabric so you know how to alter it if need be. I have a whole bolt of this fabric, it's kinda cool in a ZOMG MY EYES!!, sort of way though.

I still have to hem it and sew the sleeves together but I think I'm happy about the collar. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whoa!

That shirt is...

FUCKING AWESOME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

Thanks. I'm making the final one now, I have already started it. If you want this one I'll send it to you, for a small free.  :wink:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sanguine Penguin on January 21, 2009, 02:02:41 AM
Thanks. I'm making the final one now, I have already started it. If you want this one I'll send it to you, for a small free.  :wink:

No way! Really? 'Cause hellyeah!

I have a really distressing floor-length linen skirt that would go horrendously with.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK DIRECTLY AT ME.