News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

The worst thread

Started by Lies, April 21, 2009, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lyris_Nymphetamine on April 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on April 24, 2009, 03:22:13 PM
Ok, just to make this clear, I have no intentions of doing said plan, I'm just curious about what possible ramifications could occur.

I find it funny that such a small thing means so much to everyone.
I understand, respect and appreciate what you have to say and your wishes.

I just think its strange that you're willing to not risk a $0 investment that may or may not show returns.

money is not everything. even if i had written something freely and it was taken from me and published for someone else's profit i'd be shitty. its the thought of someone using your creative work without your permission which gets most people.

This.

And the hints of attitude that writing isn't work, but editing is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

chaoflux

as someone who is a designer who felt like he lost control of what was his lovingly crafted property as it was misused, i feel the pain here.

but all this thread seems hypothetical, yet i guess its good to hash it out so ppl get on the same page.

my puns, decidedly not crafted with love.
yall are bigger dorks than I am

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chaoflux on April 26, 2009, 06:58:46 PM
as someone who is a designer who felt like he lost control of what was his lovingly crafted property as it was misused, i feel the pain here.

but all this thread seems hypothetical, yet i guess its good to hash it out so ppl get on the same page.

my puns, decidedly not crafted with love.

Oh, fuck.  Lovecrafty?  Jesus H Christ.

:genius:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

chaoflux

lol i didnt mean to make an hpl joke i swear!

the fale just oozes out of me, i cant help it
yall are bigger dorks than I am

the last yatto

can we just copyright discordja and give royalties to Cain, he deserves it.

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think the thing to do is get Cain a new computer so he can write a fucking book like I keep telling him he should do

or ten books

and then maybe he could make some money.

Writers are a dime a dozen. GOOD writers are rare as hen's teeth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Hmmm... any contests that we can enter en-mass? We need a way to use the egregore for some random spag's personal benefit, we just need to choose out of genuine need/genuine randomness.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Lyris_Nymphetamine

Quote from: Nigel on April 27, 2009, 09:48:42 PM
I think the thing to do is get Cain a new computer so he can write a fucking book like I keep telling him he should do

or ten books

a computer? buy him a typewriter, some cognac, a house in the country and a pipe. sure he'll turn into a reclusive writer but at least we'll get a few good books out of him.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lyris_Nymphetamine on April 27, 2009, 10:04:20 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 27, 2009, 09:48:42 PM

or ten books

a computer? buy him a typewriter, some cognac, a house in the country and a pipe. sure he'll turn into a reclusive writer but at least we'll get a few good books out of him.

Oooo forgot about those.