News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

So, as my job winds down into a chaotic bucket of insanity poop, NEW INSPIRATION

Started by Doktor Howl, March 11, 2015, 03:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Oh, by no means sabotage.  Simply, when you leave, there will eventually be endless glowing hot mill balls flying across the room.

Bruno

Roger, the most striking part of all this... the drama, the politics, the incompetency of management... for me, is the incredible similarity it has to what you would find behind the scene of a typical Wendy's, or Little Caesar's. I've worked more than my fair share of fast food in my time, and everything you're saying sounds disturbingly familiar.

The fact that this shit is happening at a place where people with advanced degrees are pulling down six-figure salaries and manufacturing The Motherfucking Future, and not teenagers and college age kids making $8 an hour led by some sap with an associates in Mass Comm serving fries and shakes blows my fucking mind.

Same shit, different scale.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 11, 2015, 05:49:03 PM
Oh, by no means sabotage.  Simply, when you leave, there will eventually be endless glowing hot mill balls flying across the room.

Why can't it be both?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 11, 2015, 05:50:14 PM
Roger, the most striking part of all this... the drama, the politics, the incompetency of management... for me, is the incredible similarity it has to what you would find behind the scene of a typical Wendy's, or Little Caesar's. I've worked more than my fair share of fast food in my time, and everything you're saying sounds disturbingly familiar.

The fact that this shit is happening at a place where people with advanced degrees are pulling down six-figure salaries and manufacturing The Motherfucking Future, and not teenagers and college age kids making $8 an hour led by some sap with an associates in Mass Comm serving fries and shakes blows my fucking mind.

I've done both, and the politics here are pretty intense.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 06:07:32 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on March 11, 2015, 05:50:14 PM

I've done both, and the politics here are pretty intense.

I would hope the plotting and scheming would at least be more elaborate.  :lulz:
Formerly something else...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Well, you were always saying The Future is bad for us. I don't know why we expected a place manufacturing it to end well.

Have you lined up a particular Next Thing, or are there enough offers on the table you don't have to worry about that just yet?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 03:57:14 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 11, 2015, 04:24:26 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 04:11:57 AM
It occurs to me that I have no urge to bow out gracefully.

And indeed, it can only get better from here. For a given value of "better".

Lillie has sensed a difference, much as a caribou might sense a tiger nearby.  By which I mean, she knows something has changed, but has no experience with the results of the change.  I no longer give a fuck if I work here, and I am not bothering to hide it.

She is apparently used to people being paralyzed by fear for their job.

In any case, she informed me this morning that I wasn't qualified or capable of doing some very simple tests.  I told her that I was, that it was in fact my job, and if this was a problem then we should just call HR right now.  I had a smile on my face - maybe a GRIN, come to think of it, and she wasn't mentally prepared for the reaction in general.  I don't think she's "beaten" or even "intimidated", but she can't find the ground under her feet.  She is under an immense amount of stress, and the additional stress brought on by what might seem to be a crazy person running maintenance has put her off balance.

I am become Shiva, Destroyer of Arse Biscuits.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Perfect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 05:21:59 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 11, 2015, 05:12:55 PM
I see massive explosions and fires in the future.

Nope.  I'm just gonna let the experts handle things, if you catch my drift.

That is possibly the most ominous sentence I have ever read in my life.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 11, 2015, 07:49:07 PM

We refer to them as "Super Geniuses" here
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 06:06:57 PM

Why can't it be both?

I'm actually going to be offended if I can't pull work out of that place. I'm half tempted to fly over and camp out front because it's a matter of fucking time.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 11, 2015, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2015, 06:06:57 PM

Why can't it be both?

I'm actually going to be offended if I can't pull work out of that place. I'm half tempted to fly over and camp out front because it's a matter of fucking time.
(You work in demolition, right?)
Don't bother travelling, just send them a disturbingly detailed price estimate. Glowing hot mill balls related damages in the price estimate are a must.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 11, 2015, 10:01:35 PM
Yes.

It'd be a fucking lovely job.

We're already demolishing the acid side.

The rest of it?  Just a matter of time.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 11, 2015, 07:49:07 PM

I feel pretty ominous right now.

I just had the most hilariously frustrating conversation of my professional career.  I will post a transcript later today or tomorrow.  Basically, physics isn't a thing, and we're leaking compressed air into another universe.  CONSERVATION OF ENERGY IS INCONVENIENT, AND WE'D REALLY LIKE THE PROBLEM TO BE WHAT IT WE WANT IT TO BE BECAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE THINGS EASIER.

Doktor Howl,
5 POUNDS OF SHIT IN A 3 POUND BAG
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, Mike melted down.  And for the first time in 7.5 years, he did it on the side of that which is Good, Right, and Not Dumb.
Molon Lube