PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Depressing irony files 555622/F -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29218183

QuotePolice in Los Angeles are conducting an internal investigation over accusations officers violated a US actress's rights by handcuffing and detaining her.

Daniele Watts, who appeared in Quentin Tarantino film Django Unchained, refused to show identification and walked away from officers responding to a report of lewd conduct.

She posted a photo showing her in tears with her hands behind her back.

Her boyfriend, chef Brian James Lucas, was not placed in handcuffs.

In a statement released over the weekend, police said its officers had responded to a report from a passer-by that a couple were indecently exposed inside a silver Mercedes.

In an interview with CNN on Monday, Watts said she and Lucas had been "making out" in the car, were fully clothed and that nothing improper had been taking place.

In audio footage of the encounter obtained by the TMZ celebrity website, Watts appears to allege the police were called because she was black and her boyfriend was white.

The officer is then heard questioning why she had played "the race card" and insisting he had the authority to request she provide identification.

Ah, L.A. Stirring up racial issues since fuck knows when.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Oh Really?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29221412

Quotehe death of a man whose body was found burning in a skip in Manchester was not suspicious, police have said.

The 43-year-old was found in the skip wagon in the car park adjacent to the Apollo Theatre on the A57 Hyde Road in Ardwick, at about 05:30 BST on Monday.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said there was "no third party involvement" in his death.

He said an investigation into the cause of his death and how the fire started was taking place.

So the guy threw himself in here and then decided to have a quiet smoke? Sounds legit.

In other news, anecdotal evidence points towards the Police. I say anecdotal, I mean me. I'm pointing at the police.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

The "Petty crime is actually news today" files 3366/G -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29228681

QuoteAn estate agent was sacked after being caught on camera apparently stealing a bar of chocolate while showing a client around a flat.

Quote"We have also apologised to both the tenant and landlord for this unfortunate incident. The landlord has fully accepted this apology and the tenant has accepted a payment as a goodwill gesture for both the chocolate bar and any inconvenience caused."

Journalism at its finest.

Junkenstein

So this is a thing:

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/16/satanic_temple_hands_out_activity_books_to_schools_in_response_to_judicial_ruling/

QuoteLast month a judge ruled that religious pamphlets could be distributed in a school district in Orange County, Florida, according to Raw Story. In the wake of this ruling, the Satanic Temple is handing out its own religious literature to Orange County schools: "The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities."

The judge ruled that if Christian materials — Bibles and other literature — were allowed to be disseminated, atheist literature should be allowed as well.

The Satanic Temple, which was able to petition for a goat-headed statue in Oklahoma, is responding to this ruling with kid-friendly literature of their own.

Satanic Temple spokesman, Lucien Greaves, explained to Raw Story:

"[The organization] would never seek to establish a precedent of disseminating our religious materials in public schools because we believe our constitutional values are better served by respecting a strong separation of Church and State."

"However, if a public school board is going to allow religious pamphlets and full Bibles to be distributed to students — as is the case in Orange County, Florida — we think the responsible thing to do is to ensure that these students are given access to a variety of differing religious opinions, as opposed to standing idly by while one religious voice dominates the discourse and delivers propaganda to youth."

Greaves also explains that it is a good opportunity for children to learn about, and be exposed to, other religions.

Satanists are having all the fun here. Someone bring them some real HOLY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 18, 2014, 03:38:15 PM
So this is a thing:

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/16/satanic_temple_hands_out_activity_books_to_schools_in_response_to_judicial_ruling/

QuoteLast month a judge ruled that religious pamphlets could be distributed in a school district in Orange County, Florida, according to Raw Story. In the wake of this ruling, the Satanic Temple is handing out its own religious literature to Orange County schools: "The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities."

The judge ruled that if Christian materials — Bibles and other literature — were allowed to be disseminated, atheist literature should be allowed as well.

The Satanic Temple, which was able to petition for a goat-headed statue in Oklahoma, is responding to this ruling with kid-friendly literature of their own.

"[The organization] would never seek to establish a precedent of disseminating our religious materials in public schools because we believe our constitutional values are better served by respecting a strong separation of Church and State."

"However, if a public school board is going to allow religious pamphlets and full Bibles to be distributed to students — as is the case in Orange County, Florida — we think the responsible thing to do is to ensure that these students are given access to a variety of differing religious opinions, as opposed to standing idly by while one religious voice dominates the discourse and delivers propaganda to youth."

Greaves also explains that it is a good opportunity for children to learn about, and be exposed to, other religions.

There's a group on Facebook looking to write Discordian children's stories, so who knows...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

THIS

IS

ALASSSKA!

www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/22/f-it-i-quit-reporters-on-air-resignation-and-the-shocked-anchor-left-to-pick-up-the-pieces/
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Ben Shapiro

I LOVE HER FACE AFTER SHE QUIT!

minuspace

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 18, 2014, 03:38:15 PM
So this is a thing:

Reaction to a conditioned source only strengthens the bond of that condition.

Junkenstein

Ha ha?
http://uk.pcmag.com/internet-products/35951/news/google-cuts-ties-with-conservative-group-over-clim

QuoteGoogle has cut ties with conservative group ALEC over the organization's stance on climate change.

QuoteGoogle "has a very strong view that we should make decisions in politics based on facts - what a shock - and the facts of climate change are not in question anymore," Schmidt continued. "Everyone understands that climate change is occurring, and the people that are opposed to it are really hurting our children and our grandchildren and making the world a much worse place. So we should just not align ourselves with such people. They are just literally lying."

Can't wait to see the lawsuit. Or noticeable lack of one.

Junkenstein

Eric Holder's out. Apparently he was actually the second of coming of Christ in disguise.

You could have fucking fooled me.

Junkenstein

The "I'll just leave this here" files #553111/B

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/09/25/christian-body-builders-wife-swap-their-way-to-jesus/

QuoteA Bible-thumping couple in Florida is changing the way people think about their faith – with a hookup website for devout Christian swingers!
Cristy Parave and her husband, Dean, are the unashamed bodybuilding Jesus lovers bringing couples together and introducing them to their wild lifestyle of swapping sex partners and Bible verses, Barcroft Media reports.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 26, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
The "I'll just leave this here" files #553111/B

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/09/25/christian-body-builders-wife-swap-their-way-to-jesus/

QuoteA Bible-thumping couple in Florida is changing the way people think about their faith – with a hookup website for devout Christian swingers!
Cristy Parave and her husband, Dean, are the unashamed bodybuilding Jesus lovers bringing couples together and introducing them to their wild lifestyle of swapping sex partners and Bible verses, Barcroft Media reports.

People can self-identify as anything.
I'm not the slightest bit surprised by this and neither should you.
Their definition of Devout Christian is not yours and you should have seen that coming.
Damn, I'm being a dick today. Apologies if I come over rude, I think I burnt out my language-polisher at work.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

That didn't come across as particularly dickish to me, you need to up the hate by at least 50%.

It's more a "Here's a thing I suspect will be news in the future" for me. The combination of bodybuilding(read steroids), swinging and religion just screams inevitably ending in tears and or a rampage of some description. I'd put money I don't even have on it. You know why I'm so sure?

Florida.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 26, 2014, 10:00:00 AM
Eric Holder's out. Apparently he was actually the second of coming of Christ in disguise.

You could have fucking fooled me.

Ha ha!  If Holder hadn't been appointed by a Democrat, he'd be seen as the worst AG since, well, Gonzales.

But, you know, trampling on the rights of whistleblowers and legally justifying assassination is alright when a Blue Commander-in-Chief's people do it.

Junkenstein

Not the mention the "Fast and Furious" shit that has obviously caused no problems, at all, anywhere.