How to mess with scammers? (specifically ones selling "magic" items)

Started by paradoxlogos, December 04, 2013, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paradoxlogos

I have a (diagnosed) schizophrenic friend who keeps buying "magic objects" from the internet. He has a "sa ra key" (I believe it's a chess piece with a piece of string through it, you'd think they could at least buy a shiny chess piece, whatever it is it's just a small piece of plastic made into a necklace) And a "magic staff" which looks like some stick that someone at least went to the arts and crafts store to put a couple little strings and shiny things on it. It wouldn't bother me so much if my friend wasn't spending multiple hundreds of dollars on this, and these people discourage him from taking his medication (you can think whatever you like about the pharmaceutical industry, my friend is psychotic, I find it hard to believe that their intentions aren't "when he takes his meds he has less interest in our magic items") Now he's sending his "sa ra key" to get upgraded.

Can you guys think of any good ways to screw with these guys? I've sent angry e-mails and tried to get their paypal closed down (apparently two thousand dollar magic staves are a legitimate business), but that's a waste of time. I figured discordians would be good people to crowd source ideas from. They all seem to do their payments through paypal, have e-mail addresses, youtube videos (bunch of new age stuff that's all good and well if you aren't trying to sell a two thousand dollar magic staff, and the video's are of course set to comments needing to be approved), and the one selling magic stave's also has a phone number.

Here's links to make it simplier for anyone else who wants to screw with them (they both have phone numbers and e-mail addresses, sa ra key dude even has an actual address to write)

hxxp://www.unitethecollective.com/UNITETHECOLLECTIVE/PRODUCTS.html (This is the guy selling  magic staves)

hxxp://www.sovereign-alliance.com/SOVEREIGN_ALLIANCE/Shopping.html (This is the "sa ra key" people, they actually )

Here's their youtube video to laugh at, fairly sure they both have comments set to needing to be approved, but you can feel free to test it, or simply annoy them by making them need to look through a bunch of comments to allow the "SA RA KEY MAKE ME FEEL MAGIC"

www.youtube.com/user/dero7 (Here's the magic staff guy's youtube page, pretty lulzy)

www.youtube.com/user/SovereignAlliance (Sa Ra Key dude's youtube page, only seen the one video I already posted, but i would be quite surprised if there wasn't some entertainment to gain on there.)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: paradoxlogos on December 04, 2013, 07:29:40 PM
I have a (diagnosed) schizophrenic friend who keeps buying "magic objects" from the internet. He has a "sa ra key" (I believe it's a chess piece with a piece of string through it, you'd think they could at least buy a shiny chess piece, whatever it is it's just a small piece of plastic made into a necklace) And a "magic staff" which looks like some stick that someone at least went to the arts and crafts store to put a couple little strings and shiny things on it. It wouldn't bother me so much if my friend wasn't spending multiple hundreds of dollars on this, and these people discourage him from taking his medication (you can think whatever you like about the pharmaceutical industry, my friend is psychotic, I find it hard to believe that their intentions aren't "when he takes his meds he has less interest in our magic items") Now he's sending his "sa ra key" to get upgraded.

Can you guys think of any good ways to screw with these guys? I've sent angry e-mails and tried to get their paypal closed down (apparently two thousand dollar magic staves are a legitimate business), but that's a waste of time. I figured discordians would be good people to crowd source ideas from. They all seem to do their payments through paypal, have e-mail addresses, youtube videos (bunch of new age stuff that's all good and well if you aren't trying to sell a two thousand dollar magic staff, and the video's are of course set to comments needing to be approved), and the one selling magic stave's also has a phone number.

Give me the link.

hee hee ho ho ho ho
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I think you'll find a willing handful of people here, Para.

IF THAT IS INDEED YOUR REAL NAME.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 04, 2013, 07:36:11 PM
I think you'll find a willing handful of people here, Para.

IF THAT IS INDEED YOUR REAL NAME.

10% chance of FG troll.  In any case, I wish to fuck with these people.  So I need the link.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

paradoxlogos

Haha okay I came to the right place.

hxxp://www.unitethecollective.com/UNITETHECOLLECTIVE/PRODUCTS.html (This is the guy selling over priced magic staves)

hxxp://www.sovereign-alliance.com/SOVEREIGN_ALLIANCE/Shopping.html (This is the "sa ra key" people)

Here's some of their storefronts, though these last 2 links are from the first one, so I'm pretty sure they are the same guy, worth a laugh.

hxxp://www.shop.anomalyentertainment.com/main.sc

hxxp://www.galacticwands.com/GALACTIC_WANDS/GALACTICWANDS.COM.html

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: paradoxlogos on December 04, 2013, 07:42:36 PM

hxxp://www.unitethecollective.com/UNITETHECOLLECTIVE/PRODUCTS.html (This is the guy selling over priced magic staves)

hxxp://www.sovereign-alliance.com/SOVEREIGN_ALLIANCE/Shopping.html (This is the "sa ra key" people)

I'll edit in the youtube links in a second.

Sweet.  Editing your post to break links.

Will slam on this shit with proxies tonight, when I get home.

The Good Reverend Roger

I think I will be an outraged competitor, denouncing them for their flawed and dangerous magic, and the pollution their production is causing, them not haven taken basic steps to protect the environment.

LMNO

See if you can work in an offer for them to buy your authentic, hand-made jenkem products.

The Good Reverend Roger

Stella and Nigel need to get in on this.

Well, Stella.  Nigel is busy.  But LATER, ho ho ho!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 04, 2013, 07:47:22 PM
See if you can work in an offer for them to buy your authentic, hand-made jenkem products.

I have an exceptionally Holy™ and magickal pair of underpants, which have come apart under unusual stresses. 

Junkenstein

Quote from: paradoxlogos on December 04, 2013, 07:42:36 PM

I'll edit in the youtube links in a second.

Oh wow. All of that is totally worth money.

I think they may have infringed on my patented stick wrapped in shit design.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Memo to self, cease and desist letter for that has got to be worth a chuckle.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 04, 2013, 07:53:22 PM
Memo to self, cease and desist letter for that has got to be worth a chuckle.

I've been banging an EPA letter together.

paradoxlogos

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 04, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
I think I will be an outraged competitor, denouncing them for their flawed and dangerous magic, and the pollution their production is causing, them not haven taken basic steps to protect the environment.

Hahaha oh man, I totally came to the right place. That made me laugh out loud, I'd find it hilarious if he tried to get you to join his "alliance" (I'm not totally clear on everything, but from what I gather, these two people are connected in some way, I should probably browse their youtube chanel more and see if there are any other worthy targets) Can't wait to see what people come up with.

The Good Reverend Roger

Hmmm...Something about mana bleed-off and a need for scrubbers and baghouses.