News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

alan watts the writer of the principia discordia???

Started by Anonymous Poster, September 26, 2009, 03:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous Poster

If any of you are familiar with Alan Watts, you should know that the man viewed the world as a spontaneous, wiggly, almost chaotic thing; his ideas were very Discordian.  He also knew Robert Anton Wilson before the Principia was written (evidence: http://www.ep.tc/realist/14/ - an interview with alan watts conducted by raw back in 1960 and the principia was first printed off of jim garrison's xerox machine in 1963).  Also, Robert Anton Wilson (in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGWJA9yfZ24) claims to have written parts of the principia, so it is evident that it was not written solely by mal the younger and lord omar.  But, I do not think that Alan Watts just chipped in a couple of phrases or stories - I think that Alan Watts had a very significant role in the writing of the Principia.  I think that mal the younger was not Greg Hill as Robert Anton Wilson claimed.  If you do any research into the matter, you will find that there is no record of any Greg Hill.  Where did that name come from?  I read in Alan Watts's autobiography that Greg Hill was in fact the name of a main character in a story he wrote when he was a kid.  And I quote (pg. 23, paragraph 9): "I remember as a child, I was a very avid writer and one of the first stories I had written was of a strange fellow named Gregory Hill..."
So, since Robert Anton Wilson knew Alan Watts before the principia was written, since Greg Hill did not exist and Alan Watts came up with that name when he was a kid, and since Alan Watts's philosophy is very (almost eerily) similar to what is found in Discordianism, then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that Alan Watts was Malaclypse the Younger and that he wrote the Principia Discordia???

Also, I had sent an email to Mark Watts quite some time ago asking if Alan Watts was really Malaclypse the Younger.  Mark Watts never replied.  So, I must conclude one of two things: that Mark Watts was trying to keep his dad's secret identity a secret or that Mark Watts is a jerk.  I am inclined to think that Mark Watts was not a jerk, because of the fact that he had a really cool dad.  Also, it would be reasonable for Mark Watts (and Alan Watts) to try to hide his participation in the writing of the Principia Discordia; if it got out that Alan Watts wrote the Principia, then Alan Watts would be looked at as a freak by all the people who were already casting him aside as a freaky hippy guy.

So, in short, Alan Watts = Malaclypse the Younger.

Telarus

Thanks for the link to the interview, tho!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Template

Quote from: tangidybobidy on September 26, 2009, 04:44:07 AM
Lies!  :argh!:

Sir, anyone can take a random picture on the web and declare it to be anyone.  Hey, look, it's GI Gurdjieff:

http://petticoatsandpistols.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/img_6416.jpg

I think that those pictures that you posted are simply fakes.  Unless you are able to verify those pictures.

And even if you are able to verify those pictures, how do you know that that Greg hill is the Greg Hill who Robert Anton Wilson claimed wrote the Principia Discordia?

Your claims are subject to the same demands.  I demand proof that those videos are made of bits and bytes, furthermore.

AFK

Beh, clearly it was a young Ronald Reagan that wrote the thing.  This is especially evident when you read Steve Jackson's version. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Telarus

"So open minded that your brain falls out."

See, when Kerry pulled this shtick (via the John Dillinger Died For You Society, and the Free Play For Switzerland Society), he target groups who would immediately swallow his theories on the Illuminati and regurgitate them to their sheeple following, along with the embedded misinformation and aggrandizement. I really don't see that happening here.

:kingmeh:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Broken AI on September 28, 2009, 06:21:33 AM
I'm not suggesting. Its a fact.

Everyone knows that Nixon co wrote the PD while tripping balls with RAW.

Hell yes he did.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anonymous Poster

QuoteAre you 10?

I'm 8.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cramulus

what happened to this guy?

did his profile get deleted?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bu🤠ns

Man, I'd love to get a hold of some copies of "The Realist" and some of those other periodicals that Thornley published

Cramulus

so I've been looking into this

I wasn't familliar with Alan Watts before

and this isn't that farfetched of a theory

if anything, lectures like these convince me that in 1959, Mal and Omar may have been reading Alan Watts and listening to his Berkely radio broadcasts. If he's not an author, he's an uncle.

Quote...And that is the attitude we have to have in regard to everything deviant, psychotic, and weird. Because we are not sure what's right, who's sane, which end is up. In a relativistic universe, you don't cling to anything, you learn to swim. And you know what swimming is. It's a kind of relaxed attitude to the water, in which you don't keep yourself afloat by holding the water, but by a certain giving to it, and it's just the same with relationships to people all around.

I really liked this part:

QuoteA Chinese story, kind of a Taoistic story about a farmer. One day, his horse ran away, and all the neighbors gathered in the evening and said 'that's too bad.' He said 'maybe.' Next day, the horse came back and brought with it seven wild horses. 'Wow!' they said, 'Aren't you lucky!' He said 'maybe.' He next day, his son grappled with one of these wild horses and tried to break it in, and he got thrown and broke his leg. And all the neighbors said 'oh, that's too bad that your son broke his leg.' He said, 'maybe.' The next day, the conscription officers came around, gathering young men for the army, and they rejected his son because he had a broken leg. And the visitors all came around and said 'Isn't that great! Your son got out.' He said, 'maybe.'