News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Discordianism in one sentence:

Started by trix, September 22, 2011, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 05:51:05 PM

Ahahaha, hackey sack is the only "sport" I like.  No winning* or losing, no score, there is one team, and everyone is on it.  Anyone at all of any race/religion/belief/creed/whatever can join at any time, nobody has ever been excluded from our circle.  Also, it pisses off The Establishment because we tend to play right in the middle of the busiest walkway during class changes.

* - with one exception.  If someone manages to kick a passerby, either by accident or by accident-on-purpose, they win.

Quoting for lulz

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 06:02:02 PM

nah, by "walkway" i mean the smoking bridge, which is more than large enough for plenty of people to get by.  The point is the administration of the school already doesn't like that students found a spot to smoke on campus, and that the spot has become the social center of the campus, and that the sack kickers are the most popular group.

The other students don't seem to mind our presence, most of them who don't join end up watching and/or listening to us for entertainment as they relieve their nicotine cravings.  We spend the game cracking jokes and making fun of each other, which can be rather funny.

"Oh no, I came off like a totally lame douchecanoe. Guess it's time to dig in my heels and screech!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Are you just really bored or something?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 23, 2011, 08:07:56 PM

BUY TRIX'S NEW BOOK:

"HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE, PART II".

I gotta ask, Trix...Do you even know WHY this shit happens?
Molon Lube

trix

More like, as mentioned earlier, "oh no, the joke didn't come out how I intended it, perhaps if I attempt to explain and apologize I might smooth things over".

But I get it now, I'm being trolled.  How DARE I mention hackey sack!  It is associated with hippies and suburban kids!  That means everyone who plays it is a hippy suburban spoiled kid!

I admire that this hasn't gotten old for you yet.  Srsly!

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 23, 2011, 08:09:30 PM

BUY TRIX'S NEW BOOK:

Honestly, not really.  I suspect I'm being trolled.  But your post makes me question that.  I suspect mentioning hackey sack was a mistake that caused some kind of knee-jerk reaction.  But the reaction would be over by now.

So, in the end, am I just walking around with a kick-me on my back or something?

At the risk of repeating a page 1 mistake, please Dok, enlighten me.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 23, 2011, 08:16:43 PM
More like, as mentioned earlier, "oh no, the joke didn't come out how I intended it, perhaps if I attempt to explain and apologize I might smooth things over".

But I get it now, I'm being trolled.  How DARE I mention hackey sack!  It is associated with hippies and suburban kids!  That means everyone who plays it is a hippy suburban spoiled kid!

BUY TRIX'S NEW BOOK:

Honestly, not really.  I suspect I'm being trolled.  But your post makes me question that.  I suspect mentioning hackey sack was a mistake that caused some kind of knee-jerk reaction.  But the reaction would be over by now.

So, in the end, am I just walking around with a kick-me on my back or something?

Well, most of us have been around for a while, and it gets a bit boring hitting each others' buttons.  So the new guy walks in, says something dumb, then modifies it in a manner which suggests we can't even remember the original post, then makes it all about us...

...Well, let's just say we found a new button.  It's big & red, and it's right in the middle of your forehead.  And it works.  So all of us bored motherfuckers HAVE TO PUSH IT.  Thing is, there's a way to make it stop, and we've advertised this fact, shouted it from the rooftops, etc, and people STILL won't use that method.  Instead, they ALWAYS insist that we're butthurt, easily amused (true dat), and that Dok is using his damn orbital mind control lasers again.

So you get what we have here today.  A dozen giddy Discordians pushing the button, and you obligingly bouncing up and down every time.

Whee!
Molon Lube

Salty

No. This will never happen. What happens is:
A. You make ass out of yourself.
B. You apologize.
C. Nobody ever forgets because it's funny to remind you.

Then you get all butthurt, go for the attack and the whole thing starts over again.

The trick, Trix, is to LEAVE THE THREAD ALONE.

Go think a little, come back and post something different. In a different thread. The best you can hope for is that this one will float down to the bottom under the heavy weight of discussions about the weather, sci-fi shows and movies and horrible mental explosions. And just in case you're maybe thinking something like "Oh well if I was one of THEM blah blah blah." No. This will always happen, forever.

And that's OK.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Triple Zero

Quote from: trix on September 23, 2011, 06:30:22 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 23, 2011, 05:57:47 PM

:eek:
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE!?

I'm reporting you to the FBI.  As a hacker, terrorist, and, just to make sure they bring out the big guns, MUSIC PIRATE!!!

I'm sorry your Majesty; I did not realize it was you. Please don't send the Bilderburg people after me.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

trix

@Dok:

I see.  So it WAS the mind control lasers.

Bastard.

@Alty:

Yeah, thank you for the sincere attempt.  But I have such a hard time stopping myself.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I think it's partly the amusement, as you guys post some funny shit.  I think it's partly the troll instinct, as it brings out you guys posting funny shit.  But, in the end, I think it's mostly that little attention whore within me, that has himself a micro-orgasm every time the guns are pointed my way.

@Tripzip

Fuck the Bilderburg people, you have offended me, and I am Special.  I am sending CARROT TOP after you.  That mutha fucka is SCARY AS SHIT!

Zen Without Zen Masters

Salty

Quote from: trix on September 23, 2011, 08:59:02 PM

@Alty:

Yeah, thank you for the sincere attempt.  But I have such a hard time stopping myself.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I think it's partly the amusement, as you guys post some funny shit.  I think it's partly the troll instinct, as it brings out you guys posting funny shit.  But, in the end, I think it's mostly that little attention whore within me, that has himself a micro-orgasm every time the guns are pointed my way.

Well then quit your whining, moron.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

deadfong

Everyone else has more than dealt with the hackey sack stuff (although, seriously, hackey sack?), but I'm more interested in the guy who wanted a one-sentence summary of Discordianism.    Who does that?  What good is that?  Requests for a simple summation of a complex phenomenon really shouldn't be entertained.

You see him again, tell him, "If you're not willing to take the time, you're not worth the time."  Then use his nuts for your hackey sack.

Triple Zero

Quote from: trix on September 23, 2011, 08:59:02 PM
@Tripzip

Fuck the Bilderburg people, you have offended me, and I am Special.  I am sending CARROT TOP after you.  That mutha fucka is SCARY AS SHIT!

Um yeah no. You're obviously not my real Queen. She rules over people such as DE MOSSELMAN.

Faketrix!!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

trix

Quote from: deadfong on September 23, 2011, 09:04:12 PM
Everyone else has more than dealt with the hackey sack stuff (although, seriously, hackey sack?), but I'm more interested in the guy who wanted a one-sentence summary of Discordianism.    Who does that?  What good is that?  Requests for a simple summation of a complex phenomenon really shouldn't be entertained.

You see him again, tell him, "If you're not willing to take the time, you're not worth the time."  Then use his nuts for your hackey sack.

I've done that before, we call it the 'sack2sack'.

@000

Uh.  I clicked the link.  What.  The.  Fuck.

I don't think it's possible to rule over THEM.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I'M POSTING ON THE INTERNET? :?

This IS my entertainment.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Quote from: Nigel on September 23, 2011, 09:12:40 PM

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I'M POSTING ON THE INTERNET? :?

This IS my entertainment.

:oops:
Er right.  Point taken.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 23, 2011, 08:36:00 PM

BUY TRIX'S NEW BOOK:

Well, most of us have been around for a while, and it gets a bit boring hitting each others' buttons.  So the new guy walks in, says something dumb, then modifies it in a manner which suggests we can't even remember the original post, then makes it all about us...

...Well, let's just say we found a new button.  It's big & red, and it's right in the middle of your forehead.  And it works.  So all of us bored motherfuckers HAVE TO PUSH IT.  Thing is, there's a way to make it stop, and we've advertised this fact, shouted it from the rooftops, etc, and people STILL won't use that method.  Instead, they ALWAYS insist that we're butthurt, easily amused (true dat), and that Dok is using his damn orbital mind control lasers again.

So you get what we have here today.  A dozen giddy Discordians pushing the button, and you obligingly bouncing up and down every time.

Whee!

This.

Also, Trix, you said something douchey about hackey-sack, and then you backed it up with something that sounded like you think your totally uninteresting activity is special in some way. Lol!