News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Joke Currency Bitcoin Suffers it's first bank robbery

Started by Faust, January 11, 2013, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

I've never been much of a supporter of the bitcoin Idea however ever since someone went on their forums and posted some fake graphs saying the bitcoin was crashing, causing the trading value of the bitcoin to crash in ensuing panic, I have been following them out of morbid curiosity.

Well a few days ago a rails exploit was found, it is an easy one to patch but not everyone had been informed about it as someone has used this exploit to rob/transfer funds out of a bitcoin exchange.

hxxps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135919.0

Here's to you liberaterian joke currency, you are about as well thought out and implemented as your fans ideology.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, going to have fun with this on HFT.   :lulz:

Biggest problem is, the medium of currency isn't the problem in the first place.  But you'll never get anyone in the easy answers libertardian crowd to listen.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Golden Applesauce

I don't know if I'd call it a "libertarian joke" currency. I'll give you that libertarians with a poor sense of humor came up with it, but the bulk of its use seems to be paying for cyber criminal services (renting botnets, buying exploits, purchasing spam/phishing/counterfeit drug campaigns, bulk purchases of cc info or compromised social media accounts) and a large chunk - if not the plurality - of the hashing is done by botmasters who can't come up with anything better for there zombies to be doing at the time. The strengths of Bitcoin almost exactly corresponds to a the needs of Russian botmaster.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Pergamos

I made about 10k on bitcoin, by buying in early.  I'm fully out of it now though.  I only invested like $30, so it was sweet, like a lottory win, but I'm glad I got out.  It's not stable at all.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.