News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

HAY ALTY, YOU SHOULD LEAVE ALASKA.

Started by Salty, November 09, 2014, 11:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 10, 2014, 08:25:07 PM
You motherfuckers are all going to get stuck with cookies at the rate this thread is going.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS.

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 10, 2014, 08:34:02 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 08:25:41 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 10, 2014, 08:25:07 PM
You motherfuckers are all going to get stuck with cookies at the rate this thread is going.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS.

OH YEAH? http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=34449.0

Jenn, via FB pm, has just said that we are all very bad monkeys and you should punish us all with cookies.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And that we have a new mailing address.  She said not to forget that part when you get your wrath on.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Why would you like me to do to prove I am bad enough for cookies?

Would you like me to kill a man? Would you like me to kill a man for cookies?

I am serious.

I will do that.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 07:56:16 PM
Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 07:40:27 PM
He's my gory details, less gory than Roger's:

Alty lamented his lack of friends in open bar, and I simply said, as we all have in the past, as a joke, that he should move. He went on the defensive, and then made this thread, with apparently no intention of calling me out, but still calling me out, because he made the fucking thread.

At this point, Roger and I were sharing WTFs in IM, while I consoled him about his daughter. I was willing to be okay with Alty, and even posted a, "Dude, if you need to talk, I can give you my number" post in Open Bar, but when I saw this, all bets were off. He couldn't have just said, "Suu, joke is old. Stop." Or even a more positive, "Hey Suu, thanks for replying to my melodramatic shitstorm of a life, that means you actually care."

No. He made another thread to call me out.

I don't have enough fucking patience in my life to deal with this level of assholicism. If he didn't want to get a response to his lamenting in Open Bar, he shouldn't have fucking posted to begin with. He's not the only person who had to deal with an abusive marriage, and I get that, I really do, and I was no fucking saint on this board after my divorce, but the limit has been reached. As far as Roger and I go. YMMV.

I'm going to write some papers now.

You overreacted, badly, and said something that is pretty close to completely unforgivable to someone who is stressed and depressed. I'm not saying that Alty was right or that his behavior was grand... you can go to page 1 of this thread to see what I have to say about that, but in no way, shape, or form was his passive-aggressive response to once again getting blamed for his own situation (yes, that IS what it comes across as when people tell him to move) deserving of being told to kill himself.

If you are neither a coward nor a shitty human being, you should be able to see that. Until then, go fuck yourself, you suck.

I already noted earlier than what i said was fucking wrong, I was heated and lost in the moment. Roger and I were both were.

But it's cute for Nigel to be angry, it's not cute for Suu to be angry.

As for the TDS groups, I don't have that kind of energy those fucktards do just to make your life miserable.

Later.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2014, 07:47:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 07:37:23 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2014, 07:35:01 PM

Actually, no. Roger I just disagree with.

Disagreement implies that there was an exchange of ideas in the first place.  You had me convicted on accusation, our PM exchange made that perfectly clear.

So there was no "disagreement".

I disagree.

Well, now that my rage is back below relief valve pressure, let's just examine that.

He treated me as a resource, rather than a person.

He has had a string of people who were kind enough to let him crash, yet mysteriously turned into assholes.  That's POSSIBLE, but it's more likely that he viewed them as resources as well.  But no, it's them being one string of secret psychos after another.

He treated Freaky as a fuck & chuck.  I don't think she expected a fairy tale ending, but after he left town, he basically cut off all contact with her.  Again, she was a resource.

He vented here, and when Ang - who isn't around as regularly as some of us - tried to joke about it, he reamed her out.  Resources should just sit there.  Ang's response was, IMO, out of line, but no more out of line than treating people as exploitable resources rather than human beings.  Perhaps even less.

Then, once he's shat the bed, he's "fragile" and has to leave.  Absolute rubbish, I don't believe a word of it.  Alty is in the shape he is in, in my opinion, because he treats people like dogshit.  He reminds me of Marcus (aka Von Melee).

It's either that, or he has the absolute worst judgement in SOs, friends, and work relationships that has ever been recorded. 

Guess which is more likely?  As one of his prior chew toys, I know which way I'm leaning.

As for Ang, people do dumb shit when they're feeling burned and angry.

Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

I'm going to say again that you're allowed to not like Alty as much as you want to. I don't think there's anything I can say to change that. Alty is demonstrably unstable, which he freely admits. I think he fucks up, and I think he makes bad decisions, but I don't think he's a bad person, and I don't think he deserves the level of escalation and character assassination that he received here last night when he was posting what was, ultimately, pretty fucking innocuous. And this is where the disagreement comes in. I am totally fine with you disliking Alty, but I am not fine with anyone shitting on a person who needs help much more than he needs abuse. He's had enough abuse.

Now I want to talk about you and I. Roger, I want you to know I was not ignoring you. I have a hard time communicating with you when we're arguing, because you have a tendency to read whatever I say in the absolute worst light imaginable. I wish you would not do that. I've deleted 5 words today for every 1 that I've typed. I'd like to think I've earned better treatment than that.

For you, and for Suu, I get that you are, and were, angry. I will just never be able to reconcile a momentary burst of anger against writing off friends, or advocating suicide. I can't deal with that bullshit right now. I wrote a piece and posted it in Or Kill Me about a month ago that is the result of a night of thinking about killing myself. Maybe it's the thought of that that sent me into this righteous indignation, I don't know, but I'd like to think that in spite of the fact that I've been a dick on occasion, a bad episode isn't going to wind me up in the shit pile where anything said, goes, because it's said in anger and therefore doesn't count. I don't think anyone deserves that, and that includes Alty.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2014, 11:16:30 PM
Now I want to talk about you and I. Roger, I want you to know I was not ignoring you. I have a hard time communicating with you when we're arguing, because you have a tendency to read whatever I say in the absolute worst light imaginable. I wish you would not do that. I've deleted 5 words today for every 1 that I've typed. I'd like to think I've earned better treatment than that.

Yeah, I have that effect.  I apologize, to you and everyone else (except Alty).  I will try not to do it in the future.  I am unsure how successful I will be.

QuoteFor you, and for Suu, I get that you are, and were, angry. I will just never be able to reconcile a momentary burst of anger against writing off friends, or advocating suicide. I can't deal with that bullshit right now. I wrote a piece and posted it in Or Kill Me about a month ago that is the result of a night of thinking about killing myself. Maybe it's the thought of that that sent me into this righteous indignation, I don't know, but I'd like to think that in spite of the fact that I've been a dick on occasion, a bad episode isn't going to wind me up in the shit pile where anything said, goes, because it's said in anger and therefore doesn't count. I don't think anyone deserves that, and that includes Alty.

I wrote Alty off months ago.  When I realized that his reconcilliation ended the moment it turned out he didn't need me for something.  And, as stated, it wasn't an outlier, it's a pattern.  This isn't something that happened because I flipped the fuck out.  In fact, it happened after I calmed down (at the time).

And as much as I fly off the handle, I can only think of 4 times in my life I put someone in that box.  Alty, Von Melee, my sister, and Hugh.

And again, as I have stated several times, I think Ang was out of line.  I wouldn't do what she did, but

1.  I'm not her.  My rage moves in a different way, and

2.  She's stuck by me, more or less.  I can forgive some awful shit, if I think someone views me as a person.

Hell, Ang and I have had some SERIOUS difficulties in the past.  But at no point did she ever hit the point where I'd write her off.  Believe it or not, that takes some serious doing.  A mere argument won't manage it.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 11:32:26 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2014, 11:16:30 PM

Yeah, I have that effect.  I apologize, to you and everyone else (except Alty).  I will try not to do it in the future.  I am unsure how successful I will be.

I appreciate that. Really.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Ben Shapiro

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 09:51:31 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 07:56:16 PM
Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 07:40:27 PM
He's my gory details, less gory than Roger's:

Alty lamented his lack of friends in open bar, and I simply said, as we all have in the past, as a joke, that he should move. He went on the defensive, and then made this thread, with apparently no intention of calling me out, but still calling me out, because he made the fucking thread.

At this point, Roger and I were sharing WTFs in IM, while I consoled him about his daughter. I was willing to be okay with Alty, and even posted a, "Dude, if you need to talk, I can give you my number" post in Open Bar, but when I saw this, all bets were off. He couldn't have just said, "Suu, joke is old. Stop." Or even a more positive, "Hey Suu, thanks for replying to my melodramatic shitstorm of a life, that means you actually care."

No. He made another thread to call me out.

I don't have enough fucking patience in my life to deal with this level of assholicism. If he didn't want to get a response to his lamenting in Open Bar, he shouldn't have fucking posted to begin with. He's not the only person who had to deal with an abusive marriage, and I get that, I really do, and I was no fucking saint on this board after my divorce, but the limit has been reached. As far as Roger and I go. YMMV.

I'm going to write some papers now.

You overreacted, badly, and said something that is pretty close to completely unforgivable to someone who is stressed and depressed. I'm not saying that Alty was right or that his behavior was grand... you can go to page 1 of this thread to see what I have to say about that, but in no way, shape, or form was his passive-aggressive response to once again getting blamed for his own situation (yes, that IS what it comes across as when people tell him to move) deserving of being told to kill himself.

If you are neither a coward nor a shitty human being, you should be able to see that. Until then, go fuck yourself, you suck.

I already noted earlier than what i said was fucking wrong, I was heated and lost in the moment. Roger and I were both were.

But it's cute for Nigel to be angry, it's not cute for Suu to be angry.

As for the TDS groups, I don't have that kind of energy those fucktards do just to make your life miserable.

Later.

Yeah, you think people think it's cute when I'm angry? I would love to forward you some of that "thinks it's cute".

I would also love for you to point out the last time I was all cute by telling a depressed friend to commit suicide.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As for him treating Freeky like a fuck & chuck, that's not what you said before. So grow some consistency before you use a person's sexual history and vulnerability against them, Roger. That is a fragile zone for you to walk upon, and you should know it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."